Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2008 Double MQM Promo

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2008, 9:55 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
just signed up! those 9k miles i need for plat are easily obtainable now

would this still work with booking a ticket with the amex companion cert?
Old Mar 30, 2008, 9:56 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Mariott Plat, HH Diam
Just registered!

One question I do have, it says double MQMs. Does this mean double of the base mileage or double the total MQMs including the bonus received when purchasing M,B,Y, etc. Just curious to see if anyone has an idea.
Old Mar 30, 2008, 9:58 pm

Programs: Used to have a bunch of shiny metallic cards. That was one life ago.
Ok ... so I'm registered.

But, I feel kind of dirty. Like I'm taking part in something I just know isn't right. Maybe I'll feel better when I'm PM.

Last edited by jbatl; Mar 30, 2008 at 11:03 pm
Old Mar 30, 2008, 10:15 pm

Programs: DL Plat, US Gold
Wirelessly posted (iPod: Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; de-de) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

Keep in mind that this one is only for people with a US mailing address.
Old Mar 30, 2008, 10:53 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K; Delta Silver Medallion (1MM); Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold; National Executive
I'm registered (as are my wife, my son, my mother-in-law, our au pair, and a good friend ).

This won't make much difference for me, I'm on track to easily make PM again this year. I guess I can hope for a threshold bonus like last year. I don't think I stand a chance to get EP - my tickets just aren't priced high enough overall.

This promo may help my wife make the leap from FO to GM this year. My (3-year-old) son may have a chance at leaping from FO to GM, but I doubt this will be enough for that - we just don't have enough travel planned in this time frame. It also might help our au pair make FO this year - she is doing a fair amount of travel on her own in addition to what she does with us.

In general, this may have an overall negative effect on me. As a PM, I see the potential for a lot of GMs to make PM. In the Tampa market, there are tons of medallions already and more than a few will probably bump to PM due to this promotion, hurting my upgrade percentage in the future.
Old Mar 30, 2008, 11:06 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K; Delta Silver Medallion (1MM); Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold; National Executive
Originally Posted by jimrpa
Any ideas how this will work with the 1.5 MQM fares (Y, B, M, F, A, P, J, C, D, I)? For example, if I purchase an M fare from ATL to DAB, I would normally get 500 MQMs + 250 MQMs for the M fare = 750 MQMs total for the flight. With the Double MQMs promotion, will I get:
  1. 500 MQMs x 2 (Double MQM promo) + 250 MQMs for the M fare = 1,250 MQMs total for the flight, or
  2. (500 MQMs + 250 MQMs for the M fare) x 2 (Double MQM promo) = 1,500 MQMs total?
Ii suspect it's a., but it would be nice to have some confirmation.
Originally Posted by ferd57
Just registered!

One question I do have, it says double MQMs. Does this mean double of the base mileage or double the total MQMs including the bonus received when purchasing M,B,Y, etc. Just curious to see if anyone has an idea.
I'd be willing to bet that that the double MQMs includes the 1.5 multiplier. This MQM calculation isn't even called a "bonus" on delta.com, it simply is how MQMs are calculated. In addition, the language in this promotion reinforces this notion, which again leads me to believe that the full MQMs will be doubled.
Validity:
Medallion Qualification Miles are based on a multiple of distance flown and fare class purchased for qualifying flights and do not include bonus miles. Medallion Qualification Miles are used for Medallion status qualification and are based on calendar year activity.
I've got a friend who is an LH senator and has (top tier?) status on US as well. He's fed up with US and wants to switch to Delta, but he's frustrated with flying without status (he did a status match years ago and probably isn't eligible). He was already talking about buying a BE ticket to Europe on Delta in order to try to push toward status. With this promo, it's looking like a good idea.
Old Mar 30, 2008, 11:06 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, SPG.
With $158+ BWI-ATL-SEA flights I will Platinum in May
Old Mar 30, 2008, 11:10 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
I am happy to report that I too have registered. Now, it is time to find a nice mileage run
Old Mar 30, 2008, 11:22 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Advice

Okay so I need some advice. I have a mileage run booked for next Tuesday on DL, booked all 4 legs under the same reservation but into (T) class, so they are non-refunable. I booked them 1 week ago. If I go ahead and cancel the reservation by calling, do I get e-credits? If so, when I rebook using these e-credits, will I get to utilize the double-mileage promo? Or because of the e-credits, does it void allowing me to get the extra MQM's?

Thanks
Old Mar 30, 2008, 11:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
One of the few "positive" DL threads on FT recently. I think DL knows how to appease many of us. Raise fees... anger some, throw some in more miles... some things are forgotten.
Old Mar 30, 2008, 11:31 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, SPG.
Originally Posted by DLATL777
Okay so I need some advice. I have a mileage run booked for next Tuesday on DL, booked all 4 legs under the same reservation but into (T) class, so they are non-refunable. I booked them 1 week ago. If I go ahead and cancel the reservation by calling, do I get e-credits? If so, when I rebook using these e-credits, will I get to utilize the double-mileage promo? Or because of the e-credits, does it void allowing me to get the extra MQM's?

Thanks
Just had an agent check on the rules as I am in a similar situation. While this agent did thoroughly check, (She actually told me she would call me back instead of putting me on hold.....45 minutes later she called back), she expressed concern that if I canceled my original ticket and rebooked the original ticketing data would carry over and may affect the bonus.

For all you Delta experts does this make logical sense?
Old Mar 30, 2008, 11:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
It's a double-edged sword. A few months down the road when the ranks of Plats & Golds are inflated through the end of 2009 & upgrades are harder than ever to come by, many of you will have a different view.

If I understand the possibilities of earning MQM's thru AMEX, this makes Plat possible with as few as 25K butt-in-seat miles.

Enjoy.
Old Mar 30, 2008, 11:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by uva185
Just had an agent check on the rules as I am in a similar situation. While this agent did thoroughly check, (She actually told me she would call me back instead of putting me on hold.....45 minutes later she called back), she expressed concern that if I canceled my original ticket and rebooked the original ticketing data would carry over and may affect the bonus.

For all you Delta experts does this make logical sense?
Save the credit to apply to a different itinerary after the promo is over.
Old Mar 30, 2008, 11:49 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA Lifetime Plat, IHG SE
great.... just booked ATL-PVG last week for travel in April. Already expensed it, so can't cancel an rebook (only about $300).

Don't need the MQM's, but good for MM status....
Old Mar 30, 2008, 11:55 pm

Programs: Skyteam
Originally Posted by MikeMpls
It's a double-edged sword. A few months down the road when the ranks of Plats & Golds are inflated through the end of 2009 & upgrades are harder than ever to come by, many of you will have a different view.

If I understand the possibilities of earning MQM's thru AMEX, this makes Plat possible with as few as 25K butt-in-seat miles.

Enjoy.
Might as well enjoy your complimentary upgrades in 2008 because 2009 will not be pretty. Imagine 50 PMs, 70 GMs, 100 FOs jocking for breezeway cuz they didn't get upgraded on a 777 flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.