Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2008 Double MQM Promo

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2008, 6:38 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
Originally Posted by peteropny
DL has run blanket 2x MQM promos before - in 2001 and 2002 IIRC.
Why are we assuming that this is a blanket double promo? How do we know whether we will almost all receive a "not eligible" message when we try to register?
Old Mar 30, 2008, 6:59 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Plat, Avis First
Originally Posted by meteobob
Given I am planning to make 20k mqm of purchases in the next two weeks, I loathe to ask this...

Is there any chance this is an April fool's joke?

Bob
I suspect that it is not a joke, and it is not targeted either. Well, I should correct myself, it is probably targeted to get more people to book flights on DL and DL.com more specifically. Why?

1. DL.com to justify to management that getting rid of tons of workers via the previously announced layoff/buyout is OK because they have a great website that can handle the increased website load (I'm laughing here, I hate the website).

2. Because, as others have mentioned, it might entice other airline flyers to switch in an effort to make Medallion, and at the same time fill every seat on DL, sell out the lower fare buckets faster, etc.... This ultimately means more immediate $$$ to DL. In this economy and with the fuel pressures they are facing, can you blame them?

I'm a GM that will clearly benefit from this promo. I have 4 DL trips in April coming up, and I have only booked one of them already (damn, did it Fri). I should hit PM with this...but my benefit will come from butt in seat use of DL. .
Old Mar 30, 2008, 8:28 pm

Programs: Skyteam
Originally Posted by meteobob
Given I am planning to make 20k mqm of purchases in the next two weeks, I loathe to ask this...

Is there any chance this is an April fool's joke?

Bob
We'll have to wait until midnight tonight to see if this promo will actually load.
Old Mar 30, 2008, 8:40 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Plat, Avis First
OK, as noted in my previous post, I have a H-fare domestic flight that I booked friday. It nets 3836 MQMs as booked. If I cancel (changing to another flight is not an option), and then rebook tomorrow 3/31, I think it will only cost me the $100 CXL fee, and I get 2x, or 7772 MQMs.

So, having never done a mileage run, I ask: is it worth it? this equates to 2.6 cents per MQM, with no supplemental SM resulting. Thanks.
Old Mar 30, 2008, 8:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by csgoalie
OK, as noted in my previous post, I have a H-fare domestic flight that I booked friday. It nets 3836 MQMs as booked. If I cancel (changing to another flight is not an option), and then rebook tomorrow 3/31, I think it will only cost me the $100 CXL fee, and I get 2x, or 7772 MQMs.

So, having never done a mileage run, I ask: is it worth it? this equates to 2.6 cents per MQM, with no supplemental SM resulting. Thanks.
Absolutely (unless you don't need those incremental MQMs to get to your desired elite level).
Old Mar 30, 2008, 8:55 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by csgoalie
If you cancel on-line, I wonder how long it takes the credit to show up? I assume it should be pretty quick.

I thought the cancel fee was still $75 through 3/31.

David
Old Mar 30, 2008, 9:01 pm

Programs: DL PM, CRC; Hilton and Marriott Gold
It is real, as of 11pm ET:

http://www.delta.com/double
Old Mar 30, 2008, 9:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Worked for me and all other SM numbers I entered.
Old Mar 30, 2008, 9:15 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy, HH Diamond, AA EXP, VS Gold, BAEC Silver, Global Entry, UK RT
Just registered!
Old Mar 30, 2008, 9:28 pm

Programs: DL MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Gold
How Will This Work With Class Of Service?

Any ideas how this will work with the 1.5 MQM fares (Y, B, M, F, A, P, J, C, D, I)? For example, if I purchase an M fare from ATL to DAB, I would normally get 500 MQMs + 250 MQMs for the M fare = 750 MQMs total for the flight. With the Double MQMs promotion, will I get:
  1. 500 MQMs x 2 (Double MQM promo) + 250 MQMs for the M fare = 1,250 MQMs total for the flight, or
  2. (500 MQMs + 250 MQMs for the M fare) x 2 (Double MQM promo) = 1,500 MQMs total?
Ii suspect it's a., but it would be nice to have some confirmation.
Old Mar 30, 2008, 9:34 pm

Programs: DL Silver & HHonors Diamond
I'm registered!
Old Mar 30, 2008, 9:35 pm

Programs: Skyteam
I don't know if i should be excited or worried.
Old Mar 30, 2008, 9:44 pm

Programs: DL Plat, HH Diamond, etc.
Good info, thanks! I'd booked an itinerary earlier today, but just cancelled it and will re-book tomorrow for 2X MQMs.
Old Mar 30, 2008, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
I'm registered. ^
Old Mar 30, 2008, 9:52 pm

Programs: HHonors: Diamond, DL: Plat
I'm in, thanks!

Now for a JAX-SEA (~ $200) / SEA-MHT (~ $200) / MHT-SEA / SEA-JAX MR.

10k MQM + 10k Bonus MQM
10k Miles + 10k Bonus Miles (PM)

All in all, not too shabby! 20k miles for $400 ($.02/mile) and 20k MQM ($.02/MQM) thrown in seems like a pretty good deal to me. Of course, using a $400 voucher would make it a no-brainer

Still looking for other more creative routes though, anyone got any good ideas?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.