Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Check a waitlisted record locator online?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2008, 12:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott. Hilton Diamond, Hertz something...
Check a waitlisted record locator online?

How do I do it?

I'm wait listed for a few award ticket TATL flights in May and the very nice and helpful SMS lady gave me what she called record locater's for the wait listed flights and said i can check them on line. The only place I can find is under "Itineraries & Check-in" confirmation number? but it doesn't find the record locater???

Help anyone? - I don't want to have to keep calling back to see if they clear (not that they will!)

thanks
Old Jan 2, 2008, 12:27 pm

How are you waitlisted without actually issuing a ticket? Normally, the waitlisted flight(s) will appear in the itinerary with the confirmed flights you already have.
Old Jan 2, 2008, 12:30 pm
Original Poster

That's what I thought but it doens't show on my itineraries page, guess I'm going to have to call back!
Old Jan 2, 2008, 12:47 pm

Programs: DL:PM - Reserve, 2MM, FC, RW; HH: SILVER MR: SILVER
Originally Posted by DMIrishFlyer
That's what I thought but it doens't show on my itineraries page, guess I'm going to have to call back!
I too have a round trip to Europe this summer that I am current waitlisted on both the outbound and return segment.

Apparently it will not appear under the Itinerary list until at least one of the segments has cleared, but I am able to locate it by utilizing the Itinerary search with the record locater (under the confirmation #) and my name. If you tried this and it couldn't find it, I would call back and verify you have the correct record locator.
Old Jan 2, 2008, 12:56 pm
Original Poster

thanks - i tried that and it doesn't show, the SMS lady gave me two record locators (one for BE and one for coach) and i had her repeat both so I'm pretty sure they are correct - but neither one is found. Maybe i should wait a day or two to see if they get updated?
Old Jan 6, 2008, 8:26 am

I recently dealt with this issue. I had TATL BE award seats had been confirmed on the outbound, but was waitlisted on the return. Up until departure of the outbound I could see the waitlist leg online. After departure, the entire itinerary disappeared from delta.com. I called DL about this - on the first call I was told not to worry as they could still see the waitlist internally. On the second call, the SMS agent noticed that the award seats were available (though I had not cleared into them). What I was told is that I needed to have something confirmed in order to clear the waitlist (this seems like an almost unbelieveable glitch to me). It then took 45 minutes for a superviser to work with my reservation and get me the award ticket on the return as since I had not cleared the waitlist prior to departure of my outbound, the system thought I had used 90K miles for a one-way BE TATL seat.

Long story short: when waitlisting, I think that it is best to book dummy dates and then waitlist for your preferred dates rather than just waitlist naked.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.