Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RealDLInsider - Latest News ...

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2007, 5:41 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Etihad Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Traveller
Hi Getiton (Big G), what's with the delta (little d) that you keep typing?
Just a guess, but judging by this individual's DL forum posts, I'd say s/he's got an axe to grind with Delta?

Now that someone has finally asked (thanks Traveller ), maybe the little d thing won't be cute anymore.
Old Dec 20, 2007, 6:26 pm

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Diamond, *wood plat, UA 1kc
what a load of BS. This is just another devlauation, in addition too:
1. raising BE US-Europe from 80k to 90k
2. eliminating the 331 window
3. reducing sky saver availability
I am sure I am missing some, but that's what comes to mind...

Now, this crap. One of the main reasons I fly DL (in addition to the ground staff), and, more importantly in my situation, have a DL AMEX, is to obtain seats (often sky choice) to/from Europe for myself and family. I'll go where the greatest benefit lies, so I'll be cancelling my DL AMEX and flying Southwest where convenient (I am 5'9", 165, so I don't particularly care about upgrades). I can get a UA Visa, charge my $900k-$1M annually (own my own business) and go where I want, when I want.

Jeff - At least admit that there was never an intent for a "giveback." In the words of Jack Nicolson, "I am a fair guy, but this explitive (spin) makes me crazy." Selectively pissing off your best customers is no way to run a business - especially one as low margin and unstable as an airline. This won't impact most pax, just those who fly a lot, or buy miles through partners.

However, thank you for your continued involvement in the forum. Its nice to be able to make informed decisions.
Old Dec 20, 2007, 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by DLfan
Just a guess, but judging by this individual's DL forum posts, I'd say s/he's got an axe to grind with Delta?

Now that someone has finally asked (thanks Traveller ), maybe the little d thing won't be cute anymore.
Right guys,its run the course,with all the crap delta is throwing out (devaluation. etc) I could care less about that airline.If you got em ,Burn,Burn,Burn.Even that is going to become more difficult.
Old Dec 20, 2007, 10:29 pm

Programs: DL MM, Marriott LT Titanium, AA EXP, Avis Chairmans
Originally Posted by Getiton
Right guys,its run the course,with all the crap delta is throwing out (devaluation. etc) I could care less about that airline.If you got em ,Burn,Burn,Burn.Even that is going to become more difficult.
I'm a PM and now SERIOUSLY considering dumping Delta and going with another carrier. This HUGE devaluation in the Skymiles program is extraordinarily troubling and servers to piss of DLs most frequent fliers. I go out of my way to book business trips on DL to maintain my status, then DL pulls the BS on me. Living in SAN I have a choice of many carriers, several of which are often cheaper than DL.

DL, you have very likely LOST 100% of my business revenue. How does that feel?
Old Jan 6, 2008, 1:04 pm

Programs: DL EP-MM-FC, UA/Star-Gold, BA-Gold, AA, CO,
The currency is already devalued... now we need tools

I work inside the distribution of travel business, so I see things from different perspectives.

Sadly the devaluation of the currency has already occured and is only going to get worse. With Load Factors in the high 80% in summer there is no way for this not to happen. Some of the airlines have been OK about it. Alaska for example still does a nice job of short hops requiring lower miles and allowing one ways. Something DL still doesnt do.

So here is some positive suggestions both to DL and to the community at large.

1. Use a Credit Card that rewards you in cash rather than points. Capital One is pretty good for this reason.
2. If you are not double dipping (or triple) then you need to be.
3. Consider that DL is pretty good about taxes. BA's program really sucks because they charge huge (and I personally believe) illegal amounts of tax for identical O&D trips.
4. Consider the whole cost of the trip not just the airfare alone. I have seen that the "surcharge" for using a partner carrier is not that great. So given the aggravation and hassle factor those of us in the EP program should not quibble about a small service fee (at least for now).
5. In order to see what is available start using some of the fare scanning sites - YAPTA, Farecast and FareCompare. They do give you a sense of what is happening on an individual flight basis. Over time it will be possible (as now) to guestimate which flights need the help, set the parameters of your trip and if the CityPair segment comes up as a bargain then its worth while looking at the miles. This gives you in a sense tickler for bargains in cash paid translates into bargains in FF miles.

CAUTION. There is no guarantee that DL or anyone is going to offer the "Saver" seats at all on any segment. However for bargains - look no further than anything into LHR this summer. Filling daily al those extra seats is going to be quite a challenge. For DL that represents an additional 4 DL metal and at least one AF LHR-LAX flight - check there, Skysaver seats abound in April for example. PLUS the 4 extra CO and 3 extra NW flights. So .... think positive

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.