Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta 767-300ER

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2008, 9:57 am

Programs: UA 1K, QF Plat, VA Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Coles FlyBuys
Since I was so impressed with my last Delta Y experience back in May (not being sarkie... they were excellent!), I've booked MAN-ATL-WAS and return for Mrs. TrayflowInUK and Baby TrayflowInUK for Oct 08. I bought seats for all of us, which hopefully locks Platinum for me and Gold for the missus and silver for baby.

The seat map for the TATL 767 (which I assume is a 767-300ER) flights shows the first row as 13CDE followed by 12AB-CDE-FG. The seat map also shows Row 20 as an Exit row. There doens't appear to be a centre-section lav.

I am not familiar this config, and it's not shown on delta.com or on seatguru.

(1) From previous conversations in this thread, I am assuming this is an ex-GF ship. Correct?

(2) I've booked us in centre-section 20CDE in both directions. The seat map shows this as having more legroom, but I'll wager this is due to the seat map's graphics and it's just like every other row. Any suggestions on where to sit (remembering we're banned from exits because we've got the little one with us)?

(3) Is there a seat plan of this aircraft anywhere?

Thanks in advance.
Old Jul 5, 2008, 10:18 am

Programs: delta virgin british airways thai cathay united south african airways bmi
Well ummm

I've been flying Delta 767 300ERs to Cincinatti for years and have just completed another round trip.

The new-to-me configuration on mine was as at
http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Del..._767-300_I.php

These are the ones with an additional 19CDE inserted. looking at the seat map on Delta's site I see the same configuaration.
They've got the extra middle row in not by removing a loo but (I think) by moving the bulkead forward in front of row 16 and rearranging the galleys.

This means the extra legroom in 17 and 18 cde seems to have disappeared as far as I could see (must carry a tape measure!). Leaving only 20 and 21 exit rows with maxi legroom.

I really don't know if the manchester Atlanta have a different config. But if not I'm confused about "20cde", as the next bulkhead row (often with carrycot) is 22, and legroom ain't great.

Delta - it's a bus but I like it ...
Old Jul 5, 2008, 12:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K, QF Plat, VA Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Coles FlyBuys
Zebraa,

Thanks for the link, but that's def not the seatmap that's shown on my itinerary.

Last time I flew DL64/65 (MAN-ATL v/v) it was the config you've linked in your post. I flew 22CDE to ATL, and found the legroom to be quite restricted. BUT, there was only one free seat on that flight, and it was 22D which they assigned to our infant (who we didn't purchase a seat for on that trip). The legroom was a little tight but I found it to be an excellent place to sit. And on the way back, they put us in 19CDE, which I found to be pretty good as well. I liked the mini-cabin, the lavs didn't pose a problem (people in queue mostly hung out by the exit row pax), and the seats had full recline (contrary to my low expectations).
Old Jul 5, 2008, 12:39 pm

Just for clarity, here's a screenshot of the seat picker for my flight... I can't see any published config that this matches.

Last edited by TrayflowInUK; Jul 5, 2008 at 12:45 pm
Old Jul 12, 2008, 8:35 am

Bump... anyone have any seating recommendations for the seat map I've posted in my last post?
Old Aug 25, 2008, 8:33 pm

Programs: Il Postino della PWP, CO, TrueBlue, Priority Club
I'm considering a trip to VCE/FCO with my wife in the winter and wonder about Y in DL (trading a longer ride to JFK for a non-stop with a SkyTeam airline). I'm concerned about seat width as much as pitch and wondered if the window side armrest in 767-300ER's raises, or if it's fixed into place? Similarly does the armrest in the middle fit between the seats, or does it kinda stick out a little bit? Thanks.
Old Aug 25, 2008, 8:51 pm

Programs: UA1k, DL
Originally Posted by AMF in NJ
I'm considering a trip to VCE/FCO with my wife in the winter and wonder about Y in DL (trading a longer ride to JFK for a non-stop with a SkyTeam airline). I'm concerned about seat width as much as pitch and wondered if the window side armrest in 767-300ER's raises, or if it's fixed into place? Similarly does the armrest in the middle fit between the seats, or does it kinda stick out a little bit? Thanks.
IIRC, the window arm rest is fixed... The middle arm rest fits between the seat as long as you do not recline.
Old Sep 6, 2008, 4:17 pm

767 300er 18A 18B

Hi
I'm new here but it looks like a great site. I have a question about seats 18 A&B we are on the November 3, 2008 flight ATL to FCO DL 70 going by the Delta seat map it looks to be a 767 300er vers 1 at Seatguru. The Seatguru seat chart says that these seat have reduced seat pitch is this true ? and if so how reduced? These are shown as medaillon member seats we were given these seat when I had to call in because of a flight change and the computer had us Departing ATL before our flight out of IND had even left the ground I can count the times that I flown on one hand and have never flown out of the country before can any tell me what kind of service to expect on this flight?
Thanks in advance
Danny
Old Sep 6, 2008, 4:40 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Hilton Honors Gold
TrayflowInUK, Here is the seatmap on SeatGuru

http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Del...67-300ER_C.php
Old Sep 7, 2008, 3:12 am

Thanks! We're booked in Row 20, but the seatguru page still has the old labels for Row 22, talking about bulkhead and what-not.

Anyone know what's actually in front of 20? Is it actually more legroom?
Old Sep 7, 2008, 4:16 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
Flying JFK-EZE in Feb 09 and trying to decide coach seats (this flight was a gift, otherwise I would have def used miles for BE!). Anyway, I've never been on a DL 763 and I don't know what normal coach seats are like. I'm 6'7 so I assume 21 would be the best option in terms of leg rooms, but is it gross sitting right next to the lav on an 11 hour flight? Should I try for a bulkhead instead? My flight is showing a row 19, so no extra legroom in 18. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old Sep 7, 2008, 5:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA
I'm flying BOS-JFK-CDG late April and noticed there is a row 19 on the 757-300ER. on the seat map. We are in 2F&G.I am assuming this is the newer version as there is a Row 19. Am I assuming too much?
Old Sep 8, 2008, 2:34 pm

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Originally Posted by Flo's Restaurant
I'm flying BOS-JFK-CDG late April and noticed there is a row 19 on the 757-300ER. on the seat map. We are in 2F&G.I am assuming this is the newer version as there is a Row 19. Am I assuming too much?
I am a little confused - I assume you're talking about the 767-300ER, not the 757. If so, it also looks like you may be booked on DL118 JFK-CDG and that flight (as of now) is no longer operating (DL is letting Joint Venture partner AF operate all JFK-CDG flights starting Oct 27'08). If that's the case, you may want to call Delta and get rebooked - if it's an award ticket, they can probably switch you over to the AF flights (or maybe even the nonstop BOS-CDG flight operated by AF).
Old Sep 8, 2008, 4:10 pm

Location: Florida - Delta Charter DM/3.3MM; Lifetime SPG Plat; HH Gold;
I am flying BE to Kiev on DL 88 09/19/08 and returning on 09/22/08.

Will I have a 110 electrical outlet at my seat? Is there more leg room on the F seat as compared to the B seat? Are any rows better than others (excluding first and last rows, of course!) in BE?
Old Sep 8, 2008, 10:27 pm

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Originally Posted by RunawayNFly
I am flying BE to Kiev on DL 88 09/19/08 and returning on 09/22/08.

Will I have a 110 electrical outlet at my seat? Is there more leg room on the F seat as compared to the B seat? Are any rows better than others (excluding first and last rows, of course!) in BE?
All BE seats on the 763ER have the 110 power outlets - they are on the side of the seat, behind the PTV controls.

Seatguru says there is more room on the F side but I've never noticed a significant difference - it's already at 60" pitch - another inch or two doesn't seem appreciably roomier...

As for better rows, if you want to be served your meal relatively quickly, don't take 3A,B,C,E or 6A,B,E,F,G - those are at the 'back' of each dedicated FA's sections and will be the last to be served. As for meal orders, most OBLs usually go down the AB aisle first, and then they do the F,G aisle. If you want your meal choice, you should probably stay away from 5FG and 6FG.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.