Wiki Posts
Search

Delta 767-300ER

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2008, 4:20 pm

Programs: DL FC, NW
Originally Posted by Rockson
Hi!

On June 14 (returning on June 22) I'm flying ARN-ATL on a Delta 767-300ER.
Is it possible to check whether I'll be flying the ordinary International version or the Gulf Air version? A registration would be even better!

What can I expect from the 767 by the way? I haven't been on one since 1996. Is Delta's economy class fairly comfortable?

I've noticed that I can reserve a seat on Delta's homepage. This is free of charge, right?

Thanks!
Welcome to FlyerTalk Rockson.

During the summer, anything can happen. The 767 has 2x3x2 seating. For more info go to seatguru: http://www.seatguru.com/ or seatexpert: http://www.seatexpert.com/

Have a good flight.
Old Jan 27, 2008, 1:00 am

Programs: AS 75K, DL Plat, AA, WN, Hertz, HHonors, Marriott
I am scheduled to fly from ATL-DUB on a 763-Gulf in a couple of weeks. This is of course the one config that neither seatexpert or seatguru have maps for. Does anyone know which rows/seats if any have extra legroom on these? I know that 20 is the exit row, but beyond that it's not clear to me of 17CDE, 18CDE have the extra legroom and which window seats may have missing windows. Right now I can snag 17A, 18c, or 21G, but I'm not sure any of these would be any better than just sitting towards rear and hoping for an empty spot next to me. Any suggestions?

Last edited by hgdf; Jan 27, 2008 at 1:24 am
Old Feb 5, 2008, 9:31 am

Hi, all!! I've been a longtime lurker and appreciate all of your knowledge. I will be flying at the end of April from JFK->AMS and in May from TLV->JFK. I booked 18C on both flights, and at the time did not notice a row 19- now I do. My question is, does that mean the extra legroom in 18 is gone? Row 21 is still showing available- is that preferred on this new configuration? Thanks.
Old Feb 5, 2008, 9:33 am

Programs: DL DM-1MM
Originally Posted by latke
Hi, all!! I've been a longtime lurker and appreciate all of your knowledge. I will be flying at the end of April from JFK->AMS and in May from TLV->JFK. I booked 18C on both flights, and at the time did not notice a row 19- now I do. My question is, does that mean the extra legroom in 18 is gone? Row 21 is still showing available- is that preferred on this new configuration? Thanks.
unfortunately that means the extra legroom is gone. a shame really.
Old Feb 5, 2008, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by phatpaw
unfortunately that means the extra legroom is gone. a shame really.
So should I go for row 21 instead?
Old Feb 5, 2008, 11:22 am

Programs: DL
i'm flying from LGW to JFK next month, and according to the seat map, its a 767-400ER, with no row 19CDE

now, i've already booked my flight, and have 21A/21B (2 of us flying) booked, as they are exit rows, but is 18C/E better seats, as that row is still available on the outgoing flight..

Cheers in advance

M
Old Feb 5, 2008, 1:11 pm

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Originally Posted by markymoo
i'm flying from LGW to JFK next month, and according to the seat map, its a 767-400ER, with no row 19CDE

now, i've already booked my flight, and have 21A/21B (2 of us flying) booked, as they are exit rows, but is 18C/E better seats, as that row is still available on the outgoing flight..

Cheers in advance

M
LGW-JFK is operated by a 767-300ER, not a -400.

The 763ER fleet is in transition now, i.e., they are being reconfigured to add 19CDE so it's a crapshoot in terms of whether you will end up with a reconfigured plane or not. If you have 21AB already, I would suggest sticking with it rather than taking the chance...

Right now, by default all 763ER flights (through March) show seat maps with no 19CDE; however, more and more 763ERs are getting 19CDE added so there is a good possibility that by March, your 763ER may end up being a reconfigured one...
Old Feb 5, 2008, 3:40 pm

Programs: DL 2MM DM & My Wife is a DL 3MM DM
Originally Posted by Rockson
Hi!

On June 14 (returning on June 22) I'm flying ARN-ATL on a Delta 767-300ER.
Is it possible to check whether I'll be flying the ordinary International version or the Gulf Air version? A registration would be even better!

What can I expect from the 767 by the way? I haven't been on one since 1996. Is Delta's economy class fairly comfortable?

I've noticed that I can reserve a seat on Delta's homepage. This is free of charge, right?

Thanks!
Unbelievably Rockson I'll be flying the exact same itinerary on the exact same dates--only in reverse (starting with the ATL/ARN leg). We'll be like ships passing in the night.

Right now, it looks like a regular 767-300ER is being used on that route--not an ex-Gulf baby. If you can look at the seat map for BE (like pretend you are booking a BE ticket on delta.com) and there are six rows of BE seats it is a "regular" 767-300ER. The ex-Gulf's have only five rows of BE.

No charge to reserve seats.

And welcome to FT and the Delta Forum. Keep on posting.
Old Feb 5, 2008, 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by ClipperDelta
LGW-JFK is operated by a 767-300ER, not a -400.

The 763ER fleet is in transition now, i.e., they are being reconfigured to add 19CDE so it's a crapshoot in terms of whether you will end up with a reconfigured plane or not. If you have 21AB already, I would suggest sticking with it rather than taking the chance...

Right now, by default all 763ER flights (through March) show seat maps with no 19CDE; however, more and more 763ERs are getting 19CDE added so there is a good possibility that by March, your 763ER may end up being a reconfigured one...
thanks for that, and thanks for spotting my typo..

i'll stick with the seats i've got... i don't think many of these planes go out full to the brim of PAX anyway, so there might be a bit of room to move around.... (i hope!)
Old Feb 21, 2008, 9:52 pm

Programs: DL PM, AA Platinum, UA 1P, HH Diamond, SPG Plat, MR PM
Sorry if this is answered somewhere else (or in this thread that and I'm just not seeing it), but I'm flying CVG-LGW on April 13 and LGW-JFK on April 21. The outbound is a 767-300ER and the inbound is a 757. Is there anyway to tell what types of BE cabins these planes will have? I saw some pictures of the new 757 BE cabin that looked awesome are these on all TATL 757s?

Thanks as always for the seemingly endless information.
Old Feb 22, 2008, 6:02 am

Programs: All of the above
I'm flying BOS-JFK-CDG late April and noticed there is a row 19 on the 757-300ER. on the seat map. We are in 2F&G.I am assuming this is the newer version as there is a Row 19. Am I assuming too much?
Old Feb 22, 2008, 6:24 am

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Originally Posted by markymoo
i don't think many of these planes go out full to the brim of PAX anyway, so there might be a bit of room to move around.... (i hope!)
On the London-JFK flights, it depends on day of week. Right now, those flights are packed with British bargain hunters who usually pop over to New York for a shopping weekend, so the westbound (to JFK) flights are usually quite full in the back on Thurs/Fri/Sat while the eastbound are usually quite packed on Sun/Mon/Tues evenings.

Originally Posted by flylinda
I am assuming this is the newer version as there is a Row 19. Am I assuming too much?
Yes, eventually all 763ERs will have 19CDE in Economy. They have picked April as the point where all the 763ER seat maps will reflect this change (probably assuming that the majority of the fleet would have been reconfigured by then).
Old Feb 22, 2008, 6:33 am

Originally Posted by ClipperDelta
On the London-JFK flights, it depends on day of week. Right now, those flights are packed with British bargain hunters who usually pop over to New York for a shopping weekend, so the westbound (to JFK) flights are usually quite full in the back on Thurs/Fri/Sat while the eastbound are usually quite packed on Sun/Mon/Tues evenings.

i'm flying out on wednesday, and coming back on tuesday, and i think i'm one of the british bargain hunters, though i go to NYC for the city, and plenty of drinking!!!

the flight does look fuller on the way back on the DL seat maps, and still not 19CDE on the plans either...
Old Apr 7, 2008, 12:27 am

Are 20CDE bulkhead on the newly configured 767? I am flying ATL to BRU in May. 20AB and FG appear to be exit and are gone. Seatguru doesn't seem to have the layouts for this new map. Also, if I have to punt on this, any ideas where the overhead monitors are for the IFE?

Thanks!
Old May 22, 2008, 5:15 am

Programs: delta virgin british airways thai cathay united south african airways bmi
gloomy

This addition of row 19 makes me feel gloomy as I usually sit in 17 or 18 cde or 20 or 21 ab or fg.

Grateful for a few comments:

=Is this a different plane 767 or a modified 767ER?

=If modified have they taken out one of the toilets to add 19cde?

=Are both 17 and 18 cde back to cramped normalcy?

=What are the bulhead seats like for legroom? I'm 6'3" aka 1.9metres.

=Are 20 (no recline) and 21 as cold as ever?

=Does the call dinger still drive you nuts in 20/21 a and b?

Thanks for that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.