Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta 767-300ER

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2007, 4:52 am

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Originally Posted by AndreaRH
Do all the seats in row 18 on the 737-300ER have extra legroom or just CDE in the middle? We're booked on a Delta 737-300ER from JFK to DKR and are trying to figure out what seats would be best.

We don't have status with Delta so we doubt we'll get exit row seats. Any other suggestions? Would 18F and G be better than other pairs?

Andrea
18CDE have much better legroom than 18AB or 18FG.

BUT, to make your life more complicated, , DL is in the process of reconfiguring their 767-300ERs and some of them will have additional Economy seats being added. The JFK-DKR route is going to use one of these planes and if you look at the seat map, you will notice now that there is a row 19CDE which is not present currently in the regular DL 767-300ERs. I haven't been on any of these reconfigured aircraft yet (there are only a few of them floating around right now) but my guess is that the extra legroom currently found with 18CDE may no longer be there especially if there is now an extra row added before the lavatory wall in the center.

BUT not all bad news necessarily...DL seems to be offering emergency exit row seats for ALL passengers (not just Elites) and if you look at the seatmap for JFK-DKR (DL128), the exit rows are assignable to anyone...so you should probably try to grab 21AB or 21FG..
Old Nov 27, 2007, 6:33 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HH Diamond, IC Ambassador, SPG Gold
Thanks for the info, ClipperDelta. Very helpful. For some reason Delta.com won't let me book an exit row seat online but I'm going to call today and see if a rep can make it happen.
Old Nov 27, 2007, 6:53 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HH Diamond, IC Ambassador, SPG Gold
ClipperDelta, another quick question for you. What do you think of the middle bulkhead seats (row 30CDE) on the 737-400ER?

Also, for anyone using a Mac, I originally wasn't able to book an exit row using Safari as my browser. However, I just switched to Camino and was able to get an exit row seat assignment.

Andrea
Old Nov 28, 2007, 5:43 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, Continental Platinum, US Airways Silver, Hilton Diamond, Mariott Silver
Originally Posted by ClipperDelta
18CDE have much better legroom than 18AB or 18FG.

BUT, to make your life more complicated, , DL is in the process of reconfiguring their 767-300ERs and some of them will have additional Economy seats being added. The JFK-DKR route is going to use one of these planes and if you look at the seat map, you will notice now that there is a row 19CDE which is not present currently in the regular DL 767-300ERs. I haven't been on any of these reconfigured aircraft yet (there are only a few of them floating around right now) but my guess is that the extra legroom currently found with 18CDE may no longer be there especially if there is now an extra row added before the lavatory wall in the center.

BUT not all bad news necessarily...DL seems to be offering emergency exit row seats for ALL passengers (not just Elites) and if you look at the seatmap for JFK-DKR (DL128), the exit rows are assignable to anyone...so you should probably try to grab 21AB or 21FG..

This is great information, thanks. Being 6'6" I usually go Biz Class but on an upcoming trip to AMS, there are 12 of us on the plane. We have the entire row 18, plus 17C, and the exit row. Mine is 17C. I have heard that row also has better legroom. Is it as nice as you describe in row 18 or should I swap with one of my shorter friends in 18?

Our trip is in February and is not currently showing the reconfigured aircraft. I don't suppose it would be changed prior to then?!? Hopefully not from what I hear.

Thanks,

John
Old Nov 28, 2007, 10:22 am

Programs: DL PM, HH
In and out of MXP

Mrs TT and I are up front on DL74 ATL-MXP on 27 Dec and DL85 MXP-JFK on 3 Jan. Both show 763 as equip. Any idea whether they are BE configured?
Hoping... AVOD??? Hoping there, too.
Old Nov 30, 2007, 12:01 pm

Programs: Bonvoy-Gold, HH-Gold, UA-Gold, *A-Gold
Does the 767-300ER have personal air vents at all seats in coach? The CO 762, 764 and 777 all have no air vents so I bring a small battery operated fan with me.

Could a regular flyer of this aircraft (767-300ER) confirm if it has air vents or not?

Thanks!

- HF
Old Nov 30, 2007, 12:06 pm

Programs: Delta DM
The 76Gulf's DO NOT have air vents. i have yet to be on a 763 or 764 without them, you should be safe.
Old Nov 30, 2007, 12:17 pm

Programs: DL 2MM DM & My Wife is a DL 3MM DM
Originally Posted by iCorpRoadie
The 76Gulf's DO NOT have air vents. i have yet to be on a 763 or 764 without them, you should be safe.
Correct--only the Gulf Air babies don't have them.
Old Nov 30, 2007, 2:05 pm

Programs: Bonvoy-Gold, HH-Gold, UA-Gold, *A-Gold
Cool! From what I have read the regular 767-300ER's have 36 BE seats while the ex-Gulf Air ones have 30 BE seats. Checking the seat maps, the BE section has 6 rows and 36 seats....so air vents it is!

Thanks!

- HF
Old Dec 1, 2007, 5:21 pm

Programs: UA *G
JFK-DKR in a 737-300/ER would be painful.

I see row 20 available to non-elites on most upcoming TATL flights. It's annoying they haven't blocked them to be elite only yet, because I can never get exit row seats on my 763 flights, unless I book *way* in advance.
Old Jan 17, 2008, 2:28 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, BA Gold, A3 Gold
767 on PRG-ATL-ATL DL63/62

Hi there,

I am struggling to find the right seat map for my flight 2 weeks from now (Feb 4 and Feb 12), so far I have booked 21F,21G for both trips, but I am unsure whether those are actually good seats By not matching seat map from delta.com, I assume these are also ex-Gulf Air planes, but no mention of this route here. Can anyone help?

Thanks.
Old Jan 17, 2008, 2:49 pm

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Originally Posted by honzeek_cz
Hi there,

I am struggling to find the right seat map for my flight 2 weeks from now (Feb 4 and Feb 12), so far I have booked 21F,21G for both trips, but I am unsure whether those are actually good seats By not matching seat map from delta.com, I assume these are also ex-Gulf Air planes, but no mention of this route here. Can anyone help?

Thanks.
Yes DL63/62 are scheduled to be operated by the ex-Gulf 763s, which means there's only one exit row - row 20. I suggest you grab 20F/G for both trips (they are still available as of now for your travel dates) if you want the exit row legroom; bear in mind the usual caveats about exits apply - i.e., armrest can't be raised; could be cold by the exit row....
Old Jan 18, 2008, 2:43 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, BA Gold, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by ClipperDelta
Yes DL63/62 are scheduled to be operated by the ex-Gulf 763s, which means there's only one exit row - row 20. I suggest you grab 20F/G for both trips (they are still available as of now for your travel dates) if you want the exit row legroom; bear in mind the usual caveats about exits apply - i.e., armrest can't be raised; could be cold by the exit row....
Thanks for the info - I have tried, but was told that it is reserved for platinum, so I guess my ST+ status with CSA does not help are there any exception like operating this flight with other 767 or so?
Old Jan 18, 2008, 5:45 am

Programs: DL DM (and NRSA), UA NA, HH Dia, National Exec Elite
Any information on what DL98/DL99 (JFK-BUD & BUD-JFK) fly?
Old Jan 24, 2008, 12:06 pm

Hi!

On June 14 (returning on June 22) I'm flying ARN-ATL on a Delta 767-300ER.
Is it possible to check whether I'll be flying the ordinary International version or the Gulf Air version? A registration would be even better!

What can I expect from the 767 by the way? I haven't been on one since 1996. Is Delta's economy class fairly comfortable?

I've noticed that I can reserve a seat on Delta's homepage. This is free of charge, right?

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.