Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta 767-300ER

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2007, 7:45 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, Continental Platinum, US Airways Silver, Hilton Diamond, Mariott Silver
I've enjoyed the discussion on these planes and in the other thread the link was provided to. I have a few specific questions I thought someone here might be able to help me with so I finally stopped being a "lurker" and got an account.

I'm flying JFK-AMS on a 767-300ER this coming March, but despite being 6'6" I'll be flying coach instead of my normal preference up front. This is because I am traveling with 8 friends and I don't want to be the only one not sitting with the group.

Legroom is important and I read on seatguru that seats 17C-E and 18C-E have extra legroom. Is this true? If so, I was thinking we would use the seats 17 A through E and 18 A through E for our group. I'm not the only tall guy in the group and each extra inch of legroom would make the trip more comfortable for us. Can anyone verify seatguru?

Also, it appears these planes don't have power outlets at these seats or personal TV's, is this also correct? And if not, are there any plans for this over the next 6 months?

Thanks for your help. I look forward to contributing to this forum from my travel experiences.
Old Sep 5, 2007, 9:05 am

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Originally Posted by tkegimp
I've enjoyed the discussion on these planes and in the other thread the link was provided to. I have a few specific questions I thought someone here might be able to help me with so I finally stopped being a "lurker" and got an account.

I'm flying JFK-AMS on a 767-300ER this coming March, but despite being 6'6" I'll be flying coach instead of my normal preference up front. This is because I am traveling with 8 friends and I don't want to be the only one not sitting with the group.

Legroom is important and I read on seatguru that seats 17C-E and 18C-E have extra legroom. Is this true? If so, I was thinking we would use the seats 17 A through E and 18 A through E for our group. I'm not the only tall guy in the group and each extra inch of legroom would make the trip more comfortable for us. Can anyone verify seatguru?

Also, it appears these planes don't have power outlets at these seats or personal TV's, is this also correct? And if not, are there any plans for this over the next 6 months?

Thanks for your help. I look forward to contributing to this forum from my travel experiences.
Welcome to FlyerTalk tkegimp!

Yes, 17CDE and 18CDE do indeed have more legroom than the other seats (except for the Exit rows of course).

Right now, PTVs are not planned for the 763ERs in Y because of weight issues (and since DL will be using their 763ERs for some very long flights like ATL-LOS and JFK-TLV, they need to minimize weight so that they can go the distance with a full payload).
Old Sep 5, 2007, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by SusanDK
Does anyone know whether the CPH-ATL route is getting the refitted planes yet? They usually fly an ex-Gulf 767-300ER. Just wondering of our chances for our early-December trip.

Susan
DL doesn't dedicate refurbished planes to a particular route...total luck of the draw....The ex-GF 763ER refurbishment has been going rather slowly though - I believe that only 1-2 of the 7 have been done. Hopefully by December more would be available since there should be more time for taking planes out of service to get the mods during the slower fall/winter period.
Old Sep 5, 2007, 9:14 am

Programs: Delta DM
Originally Posted by ClipperDelta
DL doesn't dedicate refurbished planes to a particular route...total luck of the draw....The ex-GF 763ER refurbishment has been going rather slowly though - I believe that only 1-2 of the 7 have been done. Hopefully by December more would be available since there should be more time for taking planes out of service to get the mods during the slower fall/winter period.
As of right now there is only one Gulf that is done Really too bad.
Old Sep 5, 2007, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by iCorpRoadie
As of right now there is only one Gulf that is done Really too bad.
Is that ship 1503 (or N153DL)?
Old Sep 5, 2007, 12:34 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Continental Platinum, US Airways Silver, Hilton Diamond, Mariott Silver
Originally Posted by ClipperDelta
Welcome to FlyerTalk tkegimp!

Yes, 17CDE and 18CDE do indeed have more legroom than the other seats (except for the Exit rows of course).

Right now, PTVs are not planned for the 763ERs in Y because of weight issues (and since DL will be using their 763ERs for some very long flights like ATL-LOS and JFK-TLV, they need to minimize weight so that they can go the distance with a full payload).
Thank you very much. That information makes it easier to select the seats with confidence!

Edit: Actually since you mentioned it, would you (or anyone else) reccomend the exit row seats in rows 20 and 21 over the 17 and 18CDE? They are not blacked out for medallion so I figured they might not be all that special. Or that could just be that they are just right next to the bathroom.

Last edited by tkegimp; Sep 5, 2007 at 1:11 pm
Old Sep 5, 2007, 4:41 pm

Programs: DL DM 2MM - IHG Diamond
Edit: Actually since you mentioned it, would you (or anyone else) reccomend the exit row seats in rows 20 and 21 over the 17 and 18CDE? They are not blacked out for medallion so I figured they might not be all that special. Or that could just be that they are just right next to the bathroom.
If you don't mind being next to the lavatories, they are good. Remember that seats in exit row 20 will NOT recline.
Old Sep 5, 2007, 7:58 pm

Programs: DL Silver
Thank you very much. That information makes it easier to select the seats with confidence!

I like 18CDE more than the exit row. I had lots of legroom and actually went to sleep on my flight from vce to jfk. I could not rest sitting straight up in the exit row. My husband and I just booked these seats again for our flight this week.
Old Sep 6, 2007, 1:22 am

21AB and FG are better than 20 as others have noted though they do have more legroom than 18CDE. However, there are the usual caveats with the exit row - near the lavs, window seat can get cold, etc.
Old Nov 25, 2007, 6:25 pm

Programs: DL, OZ
Hi, I'm new to the forum and had a few questions similar to those posted earlier. I'm flying JFK-AMS in a few weeks (December) on a 767-300ER in BE. Does anyone know if this plane will have the refurbished BE seats? Thanks in advance for your help!
Old Nov 25, 2007, 9:14 pm

Originally Posted by meelady8
Hi, I'm new to the forum and had a few questions similar to those posted earlier. I'm flying JFK-AMS in a few weeks (December) on a 767-300ER in BE. Does anyone know if this plane will have the refurbished BE seats? Thanks in advance for your help!
Get me a date, a flight number and I can probably get you a ship number within 48 hours that will be probably about 90% accurate.

Cheers.
-b-
Old Nov 25, 2007, 11:41 pm

Programs: DL, OZ
WOW! That's amazing! Thanks!

The flight info is: DL 80 on 12/19. Sorry if this is a newbie question, but what is a "ship number" and how can I use it to find out whether the plane is refurbished?

Thank you again for your help!
Old Nov 26, 2007, 12:31 am

Originally Posted by DLBeno
Get me a date, a flight number and I can probably get you a ship number within 48 hours that will be probably about 90% accurate.

Cheers.
-b-
Wow, can you do that for CPH-ATL as well? Sorry to take advantage of your generosity, but would you know if DL 69 on Saturday, December 8th, departing CPH at 11.05 for ATL will be a refurbished ship?

Susan
Old Nov 26, 2007, 6:51 am

I can do both flights for you folks, but remember, I can only really get a good gauge of actual ship numbers (the number of the ship assigned by the DL system to the actual plane) about 36-48 hours in advance which is the window for ship routings created by flight control. Even then, they are bound to change due to mechanicals, re-routes, plane swaps, etc. But if everything is going smoothly, then, yes, generally, the assigned ship is acurate to about 80-90%.

I'll post up when I get the info.

-b-
Old Nov 26, 2007, 6:59 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HH Diamond, IC Ambassador, SPG Gold
Do all the seats in row 18 on the 737-300ER have extra legroom or just CDE in the middle? We're booked on a Delta 737-300ER from JFK to DKR and are trying to figure out what seats would be best.

We don't have status with Delta so we doubt we'll get exit row seats. Any other suggestions? Would 18F and G be better than other pairs?

Andrea

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.