Wiki Posts
Search

POS Travel Experiences?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2007, 8:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL MM, Marriott LT Titanium, AA EXP, Avis Chairmans
POS Travel Experiences?

Yesterday I was informed that I'd probably be traveling to Port of Spain (POS)Trinidad for a couple months of business work with a new client. Yes, life is rough! I see that Delta added POS service last December. I called SMS and they said upgrades ATL-POS were complimentary and they used 737-800 aircraft. Fights are not all that frequent, though.

I'm assuming it's just basic domestic FC service and no special IFE. Has anyone flown through POS and have any feedback? I can't imagine its a big airport.

Is upgrade experience pretty good on ATL-POS? I can't imagine the flight is brimming with people. I had to use Google maps to even find out where the heck it was!
Old Aug 16, 2007, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Originally Posted by yngdiego
Yesterday I was informed that I'd probably be traveling to Port of Spain (POS)Trinidad for a couple months of business work with a new client. Yes, life is rough! I see that Delta added POS service last December. I called SMS and they said upgrades ATL-POS were complimentary and they used 737-800 aircraft. Fights are not all that frequent, though.

I'm assuming it's just basic domestic FC service and no special IFE. Has anyone flown through POS and have any feedback? I can't imagine its a big airport.

Is upgrade experience pretty good on ATL-POS? I can't imagine the flight is brimming with people. I had to use Google maps to even find out where the heck it was!

I thought you meant Passenger of Size. Never even heard of Port of Spain. That's horrible you have to work there for a few months
Old Aug 16, 2007, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Can't speak to upgrades, but service is basically domestic trans-con service based on what I experienced on ATL-AUA; no difference in doing ATL-AUA than doing ATL-LAX (except for pre-flight drinks, they had champagne, mimosas and OJ).
Old Aug 16, 2007, 10:03 am
In memoriam

Programs: AA 1.8 MM, DL, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold,
I have worked in POS off and on for over 15 years. You will find the people delightful and friendly. Check out the POS Hilton ( the only upside down pyramid hotel in the chain). San Fernado is also a very nice city to visit in Trinidad. Steel drums, the real Madi Gras are all great experiances. Trinidad has unbelievable resources and although it is very much an industrial oil refining nation, there are many beautiful beaches and mountain spots to enjoy. Actually the Andes chain of mountain begins in Trinidad. The relatively new POS airport is very easy to transit and very modern. Tobago is just a short comuter hop away for a nice resort destination check out the Hilton. PM me for more details.

Last edited by MRKEY; Aug 16, 2007 at 10:13 am
Old Aug 16, 2007, 12:38 pm

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Originally Posted by mersk862
Can't speak to upgrades, but service is basically domestic trans-con service based on what I experienced on ATL-AUA; no difference in doing ATL-AUA than doing ATL-LAX (except for pre-flight drinks, they had champagne, mimosas and OJ).
Not all Caribbean routes are mistreated in the same manner when it comes to onboard catering . I can't speak to POS in particular but I know that JFK-SDQ and JFK-STI for example, still serve meals, even in Y.
Old Aug 16, 2007, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Originally Posted by ClipperDelta
Not all Caribbean routes are mistreated in the same manner when it comes to onboard catering . I can't speak to POS in particular but I know that JFK-SDQ and JFK-STI for example, still serve meals, even in Y.
I do know they gave out the headsets free in coach on these trips, but they were announcing alcohol for $5. Then again, I'm assuming coach on these flights is the same as domestic, but from my perch in F, I didn't really take a look back behind the bulkhead (or the closed curtain)
Old Aug 16, 2007, 3:21 pm

Programs: DL MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Gold
When I read the title, I thought the person meant "Piece of sh*t" and was going to complain about a bad experience on a CRJ
Old Aug 16, 2007, 7:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL MM, Marriott LT Titanium, AA EXP, Avis Chairmans
Thanks for the information! Yes I tried to make an interesting post...to pique people's interest.

Is there a meal in Y? From the time table it looked like it, but wasn't sure if it was just for FC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.