Wiki Posts
Search

crown room club JFK

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2004, 7:25 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Talking crown room jfk

Is it worth $50.00 one day pass to enjoy the crown room at jfk what are the pro and cons and can you you use the crown room after or before a flight
Old Sep 1, 2004, 8:48 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriot Platinum
Originally Posted by emmett_s
Is it worth $50.00 one day pass to enjoy the crown room at jfk what are the pro and cons and can you you use the crown room after or before a flight

Well, there are many factors for this issue. First off, do you know which terminal you will be flying from, 2 or 3. Terminal 2, usually the Song terminal and random flights to places like Seattle and some international flights, does not have a CRC but instead you have access to the Business Elite lounge in this terminal. The BEL is pretty good and you can find several reports by running a search. They have light food and snacks during certain time periods, powered massage chairs, multiple tv locations, business center and good assortment of beverages.

In Terminal 3, main DL terminal, you have both a CRC and BEL. The CRC is nice, good views of the planes, especially the international terminal 4, with a wide array of 747's and 777's within clear view. I prefer staring at the El Al planes which remind me of my trip to Israel!!! Anyway, the CRC is good, but not great in terminal 3. Is it worth the $50, I would imagine on how busy the terminal is and how much time you have. If you have a lot of work to do and need a quiet place to do it, I would say fork up the $50. If you are looking for the CRC experience, save your $50 and go to the bar and kick back with some food and drinks at Chilis.

Hope this helps.

Bottom line - Terminal 2 (maybe worth it) / Terminal 3 (not so much)
Old Sep 1, 2004, 9:04 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
Also, keep in mind that you may be able to use the CRC for free if you:

1.) Have an Amex Platinum Card (not the Delta card)
2.) are travelling on a Business class ticket including award or upgrade
3.) belong to the President's Club (CO) or World Club (NW)
Old Sep 1, 2004, 9:10 am

Programs: DL 1 MM/DM; HH Lifetime Diamond; Hertz Presidents Circle
If you have a long layover in (any) airport, and you have CRC access-it's worth it, IMO.

Old Sep 1, 2004, 1:32 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, Hilton Diamond, HI Platinum
As a frequenter of the CRC at Term 3 JFK, unless your gonna drink $50 bucks worth of liquor and sit there for a couple of hours, naw...It's nice, especially when your departing from gates 6, 7, 8, 9 or 10 but otherwise save your money.
I'd only go there if I had a membership to CRC in general.

Old Sep 1, 2004, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by NOLA Flyer
If you have a long layover in (any) airport, and you have CRC access-it's worth it, IMO.
I know I am in the minority in the FT community but IMHO, the CRC is never worth the money, especially a day pass. I only go occassionally because Delta gives it to me.
Old Sep 1, 2004, 7:30 pm

Programs: DL Gold, SPG Plat, HHonors Gold, Hertz Gold Pres Circle, AMEX Plat
I too regularly use the Term 3 CRC. I have an AMEX Platinum, so it is free (above and beyond the AMEX Plat annual fee).

IMO, it is not worth the $50. If you have access for another reason, of course, take advantage.

You can use it before or after the flight.
Old Sep 1, 2004, 8:27 pm

Do you drink?

Let us assume that a drink is $6 at an airport bar, if you would otherwise consume 8 alcoholic beverages before departure, than it's only $2 for admission.

$2 is worth it, $50 is not.

Enjoy!
Old Sep 2, 2004, 5:59 am

Programs: Delta Platinum
It's all a matter of time. If you have a 30 minute connection, don't bother. 2-3 Hour connection, I'd do it in a heartbeat.
Old Sep 2, 2004, 6:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Whether it is worth $50 is a personal choice. I also have a Amex Plat CC and that gains me admittance to the CRC's The day that Lance Armstrong won this year's Tour de France I was headed home from DEN and my wife and I with several other people were huddled around the TV in the DEN CRC. We turned up the volume and had a few drinks. On a day like that, If I had to pay $50 it would have been an excellent return on my investment. In addition, my flight was delayed so we were able to see the end of the race before departing DEN. This was one time that I didn't complain about a delay.
Old Nov 26, 2005, 8:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K
JFK Crown Room Question

I am a CRC member flying Song from JFK next week. The CRC at JFK is in Terminal 3 and the Song gates are in Terminal 2. Can CRC members use the BE lounge in Terminal 2 for a 3:45PM flight? Thanks
Old Nov 26, 2005, 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by Noanker1
I am a CRC member flying Song from JFK next week. The CRC at JFK is in Terminal 3 and the Song gates are in Terminal 2. Can CRC members use the BE lounge in Terminal 2 for a 3:45PM flight? Thanks
The BE lounge in T2 used to double as a CRC prior to the Song invasion and I have certainly used it as a CRC member. However, my more recent connections through NYC have not been on DL so maybe somebody else can give more recent info.
Old Nov 27, 2005, 4:40 am

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Originally Posted by CelticFlyer
The BE lounge in T2 used to double as a CRC prior to the Song invasion and I have certainly used it as a CRC member. However, my more recent connections through NYC have not been on DL so maybe somebody else can give more recent info.
Same deal..nothing's changed. You can use the T2 BE lounge.
Old Nov 27, 2005, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
The T2 lounge is open to CRC members. I was just there for a Song flight 2 weeks ago. IMHO, it is one of the nicer lounges at JFK.
Old Nov 27, 2005, 8:49 am

Yes, not a problem. Since the CRC on the lower level of T2 closed a few years ago the heretofore BE Lounge has served as both BE Lounge and CRC for T2. If you have a 3:45 flight you will miss out on the small food buffet that is really quite good, but you will be able to use the facility in T2 without a problem.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.