Community
Wiki Posts
Search

best use of 25,000 miles

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2007, 3:16 pm

Programs: DL Plat, CRC, Hhonors Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, Priority Club Gold
I agree with Sirecca

My miles are always being used; however, they've got to get me somewhere really incredible or quite a distance away.

$260.00 for a RT is not worth burning 25,000 miles. I'd rather hold on to them and be more selective with flights with a further distance or I'd hold on to them to add onto a FC award ticket down the road.

Just my .02 cents! Travel safe
Old Jul 30, 2007, 3:26 pm
Suspended

Using 25k for a $260 trip is not aggressive use of the miles. However, everyone's priorities are different. I wouldn't use it. However, if you don't use it, you might forget about it until after the miles expired (now 2 years, not 3). Enjoy your trip!
Old Jul 30, 2007, 4:31 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Pay the $260! Don't forget that U will need to pay $5--$7.50 for 9/11 Security Fee on that award. Also, on a revenue ticket U will earn >2000 miles, maybe 2500 if U book online.
For 30K U (or a friend living in a snowy state) can fly free to Mexico or the Caribbean next winter !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.