Wiki Posts
Search

New CRC Snacks in LAX

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2007, 4:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat
New CRC Snacks in LAX

Just got to the CRC in LAX, and saw a few things for the first time (stuff they didn't have in ATL earlier today)...

White Cheddar "Cheese Food" (similar to the stuff in the Worldclubs)

"Hummus to Go" -- a bizzarely-packaged hummus product that I haven't yet tried (found a picture here)

Some new types of seasoned crackers

They also have all the usual trail mixes and snack mixes. Not sure how this awkward-looking tube of hummus will taste, but hey -- I like new options.
Old May 22, 2007, 4:58 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
The white cheddar and seasoned crackers are nothing new....the hummus on the other hand....
Old May 22, 2007, 5:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat
Once I got over the fact that it was coming out of a squeeze tube, it actually wasn't half bad... I guess it's the garbanzo version of "easy cheese".
Old May 24, 2007, 7:59 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Haven't tried the snacks but....

Last time I was in the LAX CRC they were making bloody mary's by hand --- no premixed stuff ... wish other CRCs would follow suit
Old May 24, 2007, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by wentona777
Once I got over the fact that it was coming out of a squeeze tube, it actually wasn't half bad... I guess it's the garbanzo version of "easy cheese".
Space hummus.
Old May 24, 2007, 8:50 am

Programs: Delta GM, Hilton Gold, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by GaryO3
Last time I was in the LAX CRC they were making bloody mary's by hand --- no premixed stuff ... wish other CRCs would follow suit
I had one of those last month. Very nice lady made them and boy were they good.
Old May 24, 2007, 9:13 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
I like the pre-mixed pitcher. Saves the embarassment of asking for a bloody mary in the morning.

At ATL today: yogurt, muffins, biscotti. It was like being in the US Club and the Admirals Club at the same time in terms of food.
Old May 24, 2007, 12:36 pm

Programs: DL PM, LY Silver
At the ATL BusinessElite Lounge, I was told several days ago that they only served mojitos (premixed) only from 4pm to 7pm. Is this also the policy in the CRCs? Has it always been like this? Why?
Old May 24, 2007, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Spiff

At ATL today: yogurt, muffins, biscotti. It was like being in the US Club and the Admirals Club at the same time in terms of food.
Now, this seems like a real improvement...identical to US clubs and certainly appreciated. If only we could get bagels like CO and NW, and then we would be set!
Old May 24, 2007, 1:40 pm

Programs: DL/PM, *Wood Platinum
Originally Posted by GMill
At the ATL BusinessElite Lounge, I was told several days ago that they only served mojitos (premixed) only from 4pm to 7pm. Is this also the policy in the CRCs? Has it always been like this? Why?
Yes, I was told this a month ago in a regular CRC lounge. Apparently it is an official "happy hour drink." Hey, I don't make the rules here...just reporting what I heard.
Old May 24, 2007, 5:25 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by Spiff
I like the pre-mixed pitcher. Saves the embarassment of asking for a bloody mary in the morning.
Who's embarrassed? I asked for one on my flight from CLT to ATL this morning that left at 7:30 AM so was drinking by 7:05
Old May 29, 2007, 3:01 am

Programs: DL GM/MM; AS MVP-G
CRC in Boston on 5/28 had an olive bar -- 3 jars of olives -- 2 green, stuffed with either feta cheese or bleu cheese (delicious), and some black ones as well. VERY good since I love me some olives

Oh, the hummus ain't bad either with those crackers. And there was packaged white cheddar cheese.

Yum ^
Old May 29, 2007, 9:27 am

Programs: Delta PM,CRC, AA,CO,HHonors Diamond,Marriott Platinum,Priority Club Platinum
Last Friday B25 in ATL had the olives and hummus. Yesterday morning, the same CR had yogurt, now that is a morning improvement I hope they keep.
Old May 29, 2007, 10:11 am

Programs: DL MM, Marriott LT Titanium, AA EXP, Avis Chairmans
I'm at the JFK T3 CRC and they only have Biscoff and the spicy/gross nut mix. I can't believe they aren't upgrading food system wide since people now have to pay. Given that I don't drink, I would not pay for a CRC membership.

Until they start serving Asian business lounge type food, then no paid CRCs for me.
Old May 29, 2007, 11:08 pm

Location: SEA - DL DM/2MM, *A Gold, SPG Lifetime Plat, some other car and hotel stuff
Originally Posted by GreerApproach
CRC in Boston on 5/28 had an olive bar -- 3 jars of olives -- 2 green, stuffed with either feta cheese or bleu cheese (delicious), and some black ones as well. VERY good since I love me some olives

Oh, the hummus ain't bad either with those crackers. And there was packaged white cheddar cheese.

Yum ^
I saw same at BOS CRC a few days earlier. I was pleasantly surprised by the hummus, which was very good on the little flatbread crackers they have. It was pretty large for a single serve package (although it might have been labeled as two servings, I forget).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.