FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kicked out of all of them
Skymiles it's a scam

Here is the S.P.A.M guide for getting miles and points, which I should update
Old Apr 5, 2007, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Tiffany,

I hate to throw a big bucket of cold water on your honeymoon plans, but a quick check of Delta.com shows no SkySaver (30,000 miles per) seats from Atlanta (where you would connect) anywhere near the dates you're looking for. I believe August 23 was the first date I came across. Now, it's possible that Delta would open some additional seats between now and then, but I'd hate to bet my honeymoon on that.

There is another option, SkyChoice, which will cost you double miles. You'd need 120,000 for you and your husband. That's a lot of miles to earn in 3 months.

I think someone suggested US and AA as alternatives, but honestly you're better off paying for the tickets and getting exactly what you want. Whoever you fly with, make sure to join their FF program in advance so you can earn some miles from the trip. Then, a couple mileage runs to Europe in the winter to earn status and top off the miles accounts and the next thing you know, you're writing advice for the rest of us.

Seriously, FF miles are not the magic fly-for-free currency that you may have thought they were. Unless you need to fly a lot (or spend a lot on a credit card) you're better off paying for seats like most people.
Old Apr 5, 2007, 5:04 pm

Programs: HA Pua. Platinum WP, PR, QF, UA, AA, DL, NW Prince Preferred
Hi, theophania:

Now that you're an FTer, it's time to take the long-term approach; so if it's not enough time to "play the miles game" for your honeymoon, it definitely is enough time to begin working on your 1 year anniversary trip. And the miles you'll get from the honeymoon trip will give you a great head-start!

Best wishes!
Old Apr 6, 2007, 7:29 pm

Programs: AA, CO, DL, KE Morning Calm, OZ Gold, UA
Originally Posted by xanthuos
Can you interpret this for me? From the T&C:
only one SkyRewards partner (e.g., SkyMall, LATHER, Organic Bouquet, Vinesse, Great American Days, Samsonite and Java City) activity is allowed
Found this thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=678713

Seems no one knows the answer.
I guess I'll sign up and not buy anything I wouldn't have bought anyway...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.