Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Reliability of seatcounter.com with Delta?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2007, 8:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Skymiles, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Reliability of seatcounter.com with Delta?

Wondering if anyone has used seatcounter.com with Delta flights and what the accuracy rate was?

Here's an example for an upcoming flight I have:

4/9 DL 832 ATL - SAT 6:45 PM
Seat Counter shows: A8 B9 F9 H9 K0 L0 M9 Q6 T0 U0 Y9
Delta.com seatmap shows: 11 FC, 6 Coach

The LUT fare classes make sense if there's only 6 coach seats. Does M9 and B9 make sense? Y9, since they would probably YUP for anyone with status, makes sense as does FC.

I've only recently started playing around with this, just to see what upgrade possibilities look like for my typical routes.

Thanks in advance for any input!
Old Apr 1, 2007, 8:33 am

As discussed countless times, the seating charts have almost nothing to do with availability.
Old Apr 1, 2007, 2:50 pm

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
Originally Posted by GaryO3
Wondering if anyone has used seatcounter.com with Delta flights and what the accuracy rate was?

Here's an example for an upcoming flight I have:

4/9 DL 832 ATL - SAT 6:45 PM
Seat Counter shows: A8 B9 F9 H9 K0 L0 M9 Q6 T0 U0 Y9
Delta.com seatmap shows: 11 FC, 6 Coach

The LUT fare classes make sense if there's only 6 coach seats. Does M9 and B9 make sense? Y9, since they would probably YUP for anyone with status, makes sense as does FC.

I've only recently started playing around with this, just to see what upgrade possibilities look like for my typical routes.

Thanks in advance for any input!
The DL Seatmap doesn't really tell ya anything regarding seatcount. I suggest seatcounter.com for true counts of seat availibility, however DL.com is good for advanced seat selection.
Old Apr 1, 2007, 8:59 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles, MR, HH, ICH/PC, Avis Pref., Hertz Gold
First of all, most CRS systems (including SeatCounter) will not show more than 9 of a given fare class, even if there are more seats available. Caution: If DL is overbooking the flight, more seats will show as available than actually exist.

The delta.com seat map of F will generally be close as they do not purposely overbook F and a seat is usually assigned when booked.

The delta.com seat map in coach, however, is not an accurate indicator of availability. Some seats are held for gate assignment. Some seats only show on the seat map if you are a Medallion. Some seats may already be sold but not assigned.

If SeatCounter shows 0 availability, you can be pretty sure that it is sold out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.