Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

OK, Delta, when are you gonna upgrade food in our CRCs?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2007, 3:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond and Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hertz Pres Circle

Now that I'm paying for membership in the Crown Room Club, I'm expecting a little more. I'd love to see free high speed wireless internet, as most members of the CRC would, but I also do not expect that to happen overnight, if at all.

But for cryin' out loud, can't we have more than just those blasted mustard flavored pretzels and apples? And soon? What would it take to add more of a variety of snacks? I was in the LGA CRC on Monday, 3/5, and all they had was those stupid pretzels and apples for snacks. Oh, and the biscoff cookies too.

Yesterday, I was in the Dallas CRC and only apples and pretzels.

I'm beginning to think that my investment in joining, even though it was merely $125 for me this year, was not a good investment at all.
Old Mar 10, 2007, 4:10 pm

Programs: Delta PM, SPG Plat, Hertz 5*Gold, MR Silver, Avis Preferred, AMEX Plat/SPG/DeltaPlat
don't forget cheese :P
Old Mar 10, 2007, 4:27 pm

Programs: DL DM
Bagles and apples like CO would be a major improvement.

Also, I think at $125 it is a very good investment. On a regular day it may not be needed, but when irregular ops hit, it is pricess to have a sanctuary to relax and/or work from for an hour or two or more.
Old Mar 10, 2007, 4:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond and Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by NHFL9
Bagles and apples like CO would be a major improvement.

Also, I think at $125 it is a very good investment. On a regular day it may not be needed, but when irregular ops hit, it is pricess to have a sanctuary to relax and/or work from for an hour or two or more.
Your point about a sanctuary is well taken. It would be even better though if we had free wireless. And yes, I know $125 is not a lot of money. You're right about that. I'm just surprised that at the very least they didn't add more of a variety of snacks. And I'm not talking hot snacks either.
Old Mar 10, 2007, 7:18 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL FO/1MM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by gauravp123
don't forget cheese :P

Welcome to FT! An excellent first post Please don't forget cheese!
Old Mar 10, 2007, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Do you not drink, man? $125 for an open bar. That's ridiculously cheap! Buy a sandwich at the food court if you're hungry. I'd rather they kept the price low and members bought their own food.

I'm paying for a couple glasses of wine, a comfy seat and a clean bathroom. And on a bad day, a short line to a helpful agent. The rest is gravy.
Old Mar 10, 2007, 8:50 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
BamaVol, a CO PC will have Fritos, chips, cookies, Oreos and assorted other junk. having something to fill your tummy wouldn't break DL, would it?

BTW, does anyone have a clue what DL gets from AMEX when you use your AMEX platinum card to get into the CRC?
Old Mar 10, 2007, 8:58 pm

Programs: United GS 1MM, WN A-List, Marriott LTPPE, CLEAR
Originally Posted by RobertS975
BamaVol, a CO PC will have Fritos, chips, cookies, Oreos and assorted other junk. having something to fill your tummy wouldn't break DL, would it?

BTW, does anyone have a clue what DL gets from AMEX when you use your AMEX platinum card to get into the CRC?
Yes, but PC members are not paying $125/year. A Plat membership is $275. I'm sure for the extra $150/year/member FOR JUST PLATS, DL could upgrade the CRC. But I'm not wondering if they howls for a 100%+ price increase wouldn't be a little too loud...
Old Mar 10, 2007, 10:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by RobertS975
I was looking for my old post that had it listed, but I can't find it. If I remember correctly, AMEX pays Delta $14 per person.
Old Mar 11, 2007, 4:33 am
Suspended

Programs: *A
Originally Posted by BamaVol
Do you not drink, man? $125 for an open bar. That's ridiculously cheap! Buy a sandwich at the food court if you're hungry. I'd rather they kept the price low and members bought their own food.

I'm paying for a couple glasses of wine, a comfy seat and a clean bathroom. And on a bad day, a short line to a helpful agent. The rest is gravy.
Unfortunately, many see the Delta CRCs as "ridiculously cheap", and they aren't referring to the price of membership. Many of my Asian and European clients have commented how "low-class" the CRCs in the States have become. Many of the Asian/European clubs have us beaten with service and variety, hands down.

IMHO, it would be nice if Delta CRCs started enforcing a dress code M-F and maybe a bit more variety for food. In the last 14 years, I've seen a noticeable decline in the "exclusiveness" and "decorum" in the CRCs. Oh well, it's even worse in the concourse.

*hides under desk*
Old Mar 11, 2007, 6:38 am

Programs: DL PM and some other junk I hardly use...
Originally Posted by GuyverII
... In the last 14 years, I've seen a noticeable decline in the "exclusiveness" and "decorum" in the CRCs. Oh well, it's even worse in the concourse.

*hides under desk*
Well, welcome to the business world in general. Things have relaxed quite a bit in the 14 years you're talking about, at least in the US. They'd be stupid to base their admission on a dress code, imho. I'm sure I'm in the same boat as a lot of you here as I work with and am around people every day who make seven figures a year in the music/entertainment business and I can count, on one hand, the times they wear a suit (or even slacks) in a year.

I believe dressing a certain way applies to some places, but a place where they serve pretzels and beer, in an airport, isn't one of them; this isn't the Owl Club. This is all my opinion of course, and I do get what you're saying.

Probably because I dislike dressing up, and travel in jeans and a t shirt, but I couldn't care less what people wear as long as they're civil human beings and don't act like idiots.

I've run into my share of lowlife jerks in the CRC that were dressed professionally and I've had more problems with those people than with the guy in the Nascar shirt and sneakers.
Old Mar 11, 2007, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by AndyTLe
I was looking for my old post that had it listed, but I can't find it. If I remember correctly, AMEX pays Delta $14 per person.
Considering the close relationship that Amex has with DL that sounds like a high figure. @:-)
Old Mar 11, 2007, 8:00 am

Location: RDU, Delta GM/1MM, Hilton Diamond (for now), Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by bwicoplat
Yes, but PC members are not paying $125/year. A Plat membership is $275. I'm sure for the extra $150/year/member FOR JUST PLATS, DL could upgrade the CRC. But I'm not wondering if they howls for a 100%+ price increase wouldn't be a little too loud...
Actually the CRC is normally $250 for Plats. This year was special if you were plat last year and qualified this year you got it for half off. Next year will be normal operations of $250. Any newly qualified plats last year had to pay $250.
Old Mar 11, 2007, 8:02 am

Location: RDU, Delta GM/1MM, Hilton Diamond (for now), Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by RSSrsvp
Considering the close relationship that Amex has with DL that sounds like a high figure. @:-)
It could be right though - considering a day pass is $50 and that card costs $400. They probably count on the average card holder visiting a low amount of times like 6-8 times per year too.
Old Mar 11, 2007, 8:49 am

Location: Louisville, KY, DL PM-MM, AA PLT, HH DIA, Marriott PLT, Avis CHM, Yada, Yada, Yada
Originally Posted by BamaVol
I'm paying for a couple glasses of wine, a comfy seat and a clean bathroom.
You must not be visiting ATL "B" CRCs. I'd rather visit a New York City subway bathroom than those small, dirty venues.

DL should spend some of the money generated by the membership fees to update a couple of the CRCs badly needing repair. More choice of snacks, especially low fat ones, would also be appreciated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.