Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

hi guys, will I earn bonus miles with skyteam partner if I am a DL GOLD?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

hi guys, will I earn bonus miles with skyteam partner if I am a DL GOLD?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2006, 10:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Plat, HHonor Diamond, Hyatt PLAT, Marriott PLat, UA 1K, AA EXP, DL PLAT, BMI Gold, Co PLAT
Question hi guys, will I earn bonus redeemable miles with skyteam partner if I am a DL GOLD?

I know UA only get bonus only on US and LH trans Atalantic flight, what about delta?

Thanks

Last edited by yyliu88; Dec 26, 2006 at 10:11 pm
Old Dec 26, 2006, 10:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Try here.
Old Dec 26, 2006, 10:24 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
100% bonus of the credited segment's miles for all SkyTeam-coded and -operated flights credited to a DL Gold or Plat account.

Given UA doesn't give the 100% for flights on every carrier part of its global alliance, DL does much better for SkyMiles elites in terms of elite bonuses than what UA does for MileagePlus elites in terms of elite bonuses.
Old Dec 26, 2006, 10:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
You will get your Gold Medallion bonus when flying on any SkyTeam member airline, but not on other partner airlines.
Old Dec 26, 2006, 10:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Plat, HHonor Diamond, Hyatt PLAT, Marriott PLat, UA 1K, AA EXP, DL PLAT, BMI Gold, Co PLAT
Thanks, I am ready to do the match.
Old Dec 27, 2006, 12:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by Dovster
You will get your Gold Medallion bonus when flying on any SkyTeam member airline, but not on other partner airlines.
Alaska Airlines is not a SkyTeam partner but I have received the Medallion Bonus for flying with them.
Old Dec 27, 2006, 4:52 am

Smile

Originally Posted by AndyTLe
Alaska Airlines is not a SkyTeam partner but I have received the Medallion Bonus for flying with them.
I think they are unique. I know that I am currently on a DL itinerary TLV-FLL-MXP-TLV. The last segment will be on El Al metal and I will receive neither MQMs nor the Medallion bonus. In fact, because DL paid for LY's least expensive fare, I will receive only 50% of the SkyMiles.
Old Dec 27, 2006, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
I think they are unique. I know that I am currently on a DL itinerary TLV-FLL-MXP-TLV. The last segment will be on El Al metal and I will receive neither MQMs nor the Medallion bonus. In fact, because DL paid for LY's least expensive fare, I will receive only 50% of the SkyMiles.

Dovster, I am confused. Are you on a DL codeshare ticket and not receiving a full MQM or is this LY flight listed as their own metal and is a heavily discounted fare?
Old Dec 27, 2006, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by RSSrsvp
Dovster, I am confused. Are you on a DL codeshare ticket and not receiving a full MQM or is this LY flight listed as their own metal and is a heavily discounted fare?
DL only codeshares with LY on flights from TLV to the States. This is LY Metal, listed as an LY flight. I bought a K fare from DL but it, in turn, bought a deeply discounted fare from LY.
Old Dec 27, 2006, 7:55 am

Programs: DL DM 2MM - IHG Diamond
will I earn bonus redeemable miles with skyteam partner if I am a DL GOLD?

IF it is a fare class that earns SkyMiles/MQMs. I believe that there are some fare classes on KE (possibly other SkyTeam carriers) that do not earn SkyMiles/MQMs and thus wouldn't earn a GM bonus.

If you buy a DL codeshare ticket on a flight operated by a partner (SkyTeam or otherwise), then you def get the SkyMiles, MQMs and bonus.
Old Dec 27, 2006, 7:56 am

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
DL only codeshares with LY on flights from TLV to the States. This is LY Metal, listed as an LY flight. I bought a K fare from DL but it, in turn, bought a deeply discounted fare from LY.
Did you know that before you bought the ticket? I think I would be ticked off
Old Dec 27, 2006, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by Deltahater
Did you know that before you bought the ticket? I think I would be ticked off
Yes, I knew it. I could have gotten around it by telling DL to put me on an AZ flight from MXP to TLV. I would have gotten MQMs and the normal miles (plus Medallion bonus) but the miles don't come to that much and the LY flight is a better one.
Old Dec 27, 2006, 3:48 pm

Programs: Skymiles SM
Even fare classes on air France that give only 25% in mileage on their FF program net me full miles and bonuses on Delta.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.