Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

Just crossed 75,000 MQM: when does my status change to Plat?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2006, 7:45 am
Original Poster

I could have sworn that I saw this question asked within the past couple of weeks but I couldn't find in a couple of searches.

A CO flight posted overnight (Sun 10th Dec), putting me over 75,000 MQM for the year, yet my status, as reported on delta.com, remains at Gold.

When should I expect to be called Plat? For my outstanding reservations, will that status update or should I call to have that done?

Thanks.
Old Dec 10, 2006, 8:06 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles PM
Status Change

Delta updates their computers on Saturday. So you should receive platinum benefits this coming Saturday since you reached 75K Sunday. You might consider checking if you have any currently booked reservation to insure your new status is recognized there.
Old Dec 10, 2006, 9:51 am

Congratulations! I just reached the same milestone last Saturday morning and was disappointed when my status did not upgrade on the website Saturday night.

It finally upgraded after a week sometime around 11pm PST on Friday night.
Old Dec 10, 2006, 11:09 am

Programs: Delta Diamond,Holiday Inn Dia Ambassador ,AA Gold
Originally Posted by SFO voyageur
Congratulations! I just reached the same milestone last Saturday morning and was disappointed when my status did not upgrade on the website Saturday night.

It finally upgraded after a week sometime around 11pm PST on Friday night.
I just flew Alitalia. How long till points appear? I flew Thursday.
Old Dec 10, 2006, 2:14 pm

Programs: Delta PM, British Airways Silver
Originally Posted by jzumrick
Delta updates their computers on Saturday. So you should receive platinum benefits this coming Saturday since you reached 75K Sunday. You might consider checking if you have any currently booked reservation to insure your new status is recognized there.
Yup - I went Gold last week and it showed up yesterday (Saturday) morning!
Old Dec 11, 2006, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by bebopper
Yup - I went Gold last week and it showed up yesterday (Saturday) morning!
I will hit Gold on the night of 12/21, so I am hoping that the change will post as an early Christmas present on 12/23.
Old Dec 11, 2006, 1:22 pm

Programs: DL DM MM; HH Diamond; Starwood Plat, Lifetime Gold; Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by BNA_flyer
I will hit Gold on the night of 12/21, so I am hoping that the change will post as an early Christmas present on 12/23.
I'll hit platinum on the 21st, let's hope Santa comes early!
Old Dec 11, 2006, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by wjudge
I'll hit platinum on the 21st, let's hope Santa comes early!
Good! ^ ^ You will always to fly on DL throughout 2006. I'm glad you will became more miles with Gold, Platinum. I can't even imagine you done yourself well for frequent flyers with Delta for longer time.
Old Dec 13, 2006, 1:16 pm

Programs: DL 1.3MM GM , Marriott-Platinum Premier+Lifetime , Hilton-Blue, Nat'l-Emerald Club Executive Elite
If you have any existing itineraries prior to your transition from one level to the next you will need to call Delta so they can apply your current Medallion status to your future travel.
Old Dec 13, 2006, 2:19 pm

Programs: DL FO,Starwood Gold, Hertz 5*, National Executive, Nexus & Global Entry
Originally Posted by BNA_flyer
Im currently a gold trapped in the body of a silver since Monday night. I think i'll be the only silver with 53,000 MQM's come tomorrow morning.
Old Dec 17, 2006, 10:08 am
Original Poster

Plat status posted yesterday AM (Saturday 16 Dec).

This is the first time I've had top-tier status on any carrier. I've always had mid-tier status on at least two.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.