Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta SJC

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2006, 11:54 pm
Original Poster

Delta SJC

Tonight 11-12 as I was arriving to gate 16B at around 9:10PM I saw a Delta Airlines 757 or some other large aircraft parked right accross from the gate with stairs hooked up. Can anyone tell me what was going on as Delta operates out of Terminal C. Was it a divert or charter? I could not see a bus or anyway that passengers would be able to exit Terminal A to access the aircraft.
Old Nov 13, 2006, 12:41 am
J-M
Suspended

Maybe it was just parked there. Sometimes at night, airlines will move planes around the ramp if they won't be needed until later the next day. I think DL only has a couple of gates at SJC, so they might have needed those for other flights.
Old Nov 13, 2006, 6:31 am

Probably was the SF 49ers charter returning from Detroit. They went out from SJC on a DL 767-300, so this must have been the return flight.
Old Nov 14, 2006, 12:36 pm

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by J-M
Maybe it was just parked there. Sometimes at night, airlines will move planes around the ramp if they won't be needed until later the next day. I think DL only has a couple of gates at SJC, so they might have needed those for other flights.
It's probably not the case unless they had a cancelled flight out of SJC as they just leave the 757 that goes to ATL at the gate overnight. More likely is that it was a charter to the soon the be Santa Clara 49ers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.