Wiki Posts
Search

problem with aerommexico codeshare HElp

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2006, 7:07 pm
Original Poster

problem with aerommexico codeshare HElp

Hi
I helped my friends book a flight on aeromexico/delta leaving boston on 12/23thru orbitz.BOS_ATL_CUN All of a suddden their 6 am flight has disappeared off their res. NOw it appears they onlly are flying ATL_CUN
THEN ON Jan CUN_ATL this reservation was booked and confrmed in MArch.
I called ORBITZ and thay inturn called AEormexico AE SAYS DElta cancelled flights.( Even though my fahter has a confirmed res on that day also) THey are not willing to help and say they can only get us out oon 12/17 or we take a refund. HOw can this be? We have prepaid hotel reservations . WHat are the airlines obligations if flights are cancelled ? DO they have to get us there on the same day?
ALso I called Delta they say there flight is NOT cancelled and thatit is almost a full flight . SO why IS Aero mexico telling us this and what can we do about this as Aeromexico will not cooperate and say we have to take the refund if we dont like rebooking our flight 1 week earlier!!!!! I have never heard of this . ALso ORbitz should be helping us and it appears I am doing all the calling # hours on the phone trying to figure tis our HEP
Old Nov 12, 2006, 8:47 pm

Programs: United Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by dhutch
Hi
I helped my friends book a flight on aeromexico/delta leaving boston on 12/23thru orbitz.BOS_ATL_CUN All of a suddden their 6 am flight has disappeared off their res. NOw it appears they onlly are flying ATL_CUN
THEN ON Jan CUN_ATL this reservation was booked and confrmed in MArch.
I called ORBITZ and thay inturn called AEormexico AE SAYS DElta cancelled flights.( Even though my fahter has a confirmed res on that day also) THey are not willing to help and say they can only get us out oon 12/17 or we take a refund. HOw can this be? We have prepaid hotel reservations . WHat are the airlines obligations if flights are cancelled ? DO they have to get us there on the same day?
ALso I called Delta they say there flight is NOT cancelled and thatit is almost a full flight . SO why IS Aero mexico telling us this and what can we do about this as Aeromexico will not cooperate and say we have to take the refund if we dont like rebooking our flight 1 week earlier!!!!! I have never heard of this . ALso ORbitz should be helping us and it appears I am doing all the calling # hours on the phone trying to figure tis our HEP
Well, you shouldn't be talking to Delta at all if the ticket is on Aeromexico stock. Period.

Delta may have cancelled the *codeshare* on the flight, which is a valid thing for them to have done, even though it is odd and I've never heard of it happening before. That way the flight would still operate but the Aeromexico portion would effectively no longer exist. Unlikely, though.

There is nothing that says they need to get you there on the same day - unless your travel has already begun (or started to), when you're covered by contracts of carriage. Until airport control takes over your tickets, the airline can refund your money if the schedule changes by a minute. You can also ask them to rebook you on other, more convenient flights, if available.

Your main problem here is that you're booked on Aeromexico, which is not a domestic carrier, and they rely on codeshare flights throughout the US. If the ticket was on Delta stock, Delta would have rebooked you no problem. Aeromexico can only put you onto whatever flight they still have codeseats available on in the same fare bucket as your original ticket, so it really could be as much as a week difference. Sucks, but, hey.

You need to lean on Orbitz to get this fixed because you're not likely to get AM to do anything on your own.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.