Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dbl miles on everything Delta AMEX

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2004, 10:55 am
Original Poster

Dbl miles on everything Delta AMEX

Don't know if this has already been posted so forgive me. Looks like a non-targeted offer, but only for select areas.

www.americanexpress.com/deltaenroll
Old Mar 3, 2004, 11:04 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Etihad Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
Yep, it's targeted...

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">We're Sorry.

The Card number entered is not eligible for this promotion, as it is available only to Cardmembers with billing addresses in Atlanta and select cities in AL, GA, MS, NC, SC or TN, and in the greater Boston, Cincinnati, Los Angeles and New York City areas. If you have any questions, please call the Customer Service number on the back of your Card.

Thank you for your interest in the Double Miles on Everything promotion and for your continued Cardmembership.</font>
Old Mar 3, 2004, 11:39 am

Location: MHT, DL DM & now KM!/ formerNW Plat /HH Diamond/SPG plat
Thanks for the link. I wondered if MHT was technically in the "greater Boston area" so I tried it, and apparently I'm in - I got a success page anyway. Maybe the "sorry" note comes later in an email?????
Old Mar 3, 2004, 11:45 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Etihad Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by kathnunley:
Maybe the "sorry" note comes later in an email?????</font>
Nope. It's instant rejection.
Old Mar 3, 2004, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Apparently, AMEX does not consider Princeton, NJ, to be part of the "greater New York City area." This is very irritating. Calling them accomplished nothing. In fact, the woman told me that NONE of NJ is part of the greater NY area. Yeah, sure.

Bruce
Old Mar 3, 2004, 1:12 pm

Programs: DL Platinum Medallion, AA
Thanks!!!
Old Mar 3, 2004, 1:45 pm

I don't remember enrolling for this before, but I got

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">
Thank You. Our records indicate that you are already enrolled in the Double Miles on Everything promotion.

Thank you for your interest in the Double Miles on Everything promotion and for your continued Cardmembership.
</font>
Definitely better than being rejected!

Old Mar 3, 2004, 2:48 pm

Programs: DL FC, NW
I got in. Thanks.
Old Mar 3, 2004, 8:54 pm
jfe
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kicked out of all of them
The only reason why I carry the Delta Amex was for their double miles promotions, but I have not seen any that I qualify for lately

Why should one keep this card? All the promotions seem to be targeted, and their double miles is being matched by Membership Rewards, plus you get transfer bonuses.

Another reason why I am thinking of canceling this card.
Old Mar 4, 2004, 7:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by DLfan:
Yep, it's targeted...

We're Sorry.

The Card number entered is not eligible for this promotion, as it is available only to Cardmembers with billing addresses in Atlanta and select cities in AL, GA, MS, NC, SC or TN, and in the greater Boston, Cincinnati, Los Angeles and New York City areas. If you have any questions, please call the Customer Service number on the back of your Card.

Thank you for your interest in the Double Miles on Everything promotion and for your continued Cardmembership.</font>
Apparently my little city in AL is not "select".

Amex Nix free tix for hix in the Stix

Old Mar 24, 2004, 9:30 am

Anyone know if the No Annual Fee AMEX Delta Options credit card is allowed to participate in these occasional types of promotions ?
Old Mar 24, 2004, 2:25 pm

Programs: DL PM, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Usually the Options card isn't involved - it's just regular, Gold, Plat; but it's worth a try - the worst that could happen is your card isn't accepted for the promo.
Old Mar 24, 2004, 3:31 pm

I am on a project in NYC for the next several months and could change my billing address from home to my temp office or to my corporate apartment in the city. Do you think that if I change my address to an area included in the promotion I will qualify for double miles?
Old Jun 2, 2004, 8:10 am

Does anyone recall when Amex claimed that the miles would be posted? I think this promo was for the month ended 4/15/04. The usual 8-12 weeks to post would put go time at 7/15. Does this sound right.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.