Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Unabashed Cholula Spam

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2003, 12:22 pm

Programs: Delta-Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott-Lifetime Titanium. Priority Club-Platinum
>>find it at www.cholula.com<<

Hmmm. $75 and it's empty? I think I'll pass.

>>www.mohotta.com<<

Yes, the best hot sauce site on the planet...even for Cholula!

Old Sep 27, 2003, 7:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
So I went to pick up a couple of bottles of Cholula yesterday at the big grocery next to my office .. and they were sold out!!

Seems Cholula 5oz bottles were on sale for $2.29 (70 cents off). They went fast!

Had to drive around to find my Cholula, which I naturally had to have so that I could eat some eggs this morning. Or so that I could improve the food which has declined so markedly on DL.
Old Sep 27, 2003, 8:14 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by gleff:
So I went to pick up a couple of bottles of Cholula yesterday at the big grocery next to my office .. and they were sold out!!</font>

Why do I keep reading this thread?! I post on FT to escape work issues and now I see yet another OOS situation in the DC area!!

gleff..was this a Giant Foods store? My Eastern Regional Manager was supposed to have set up a promotion with them for October and it appears to have kicked in early.
We don't promote often as the product moves fairly briskly w/o special incentives. But occasionally we do some special promotions for key retailers. Unless we get inventory increased at the store level prior to the promotion, we end up with sold out shelves and a win/win situation turns into a lose/lose fiasco.
I know it's a Saturday morning but I may just have to get on the phone and kick some butt....

Old Sep 27, 2003, 10:19 am

Cholula, hope you take names after your "kick ... session". Let's encourage all on this topic to purchase the caps as shown in the Cholula home page and wear them for ID of this astute group.
Old Sep 27, 2003, 11:12 am

Programs: DL PM MM
Just had a Saturday morning Bloody Mary with Cholula, of course. When do we start the recipe contest? I want to enter "Dorlee's Bloody Mary".

I am flying to BOS on Tuesday, with my 89 year old mother, and am taking a 2 oz. bottle of Cholula in my carry on so that she can have it in her Delta Bloody Mary. Otherwise, the canned stuff is undrinkable!
Old Sep 27, 2003, 1:40 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Dorlee:
When do we start the recipe contest?</font>
I can go one better...

As with the annual Gilroy Garlic Festival, how about an annual Cholula Hot Sauce Festival?

Recipes and contests with prizes would abound. People from all over the planet would flock to this important event. The press coverage would be incredible.

As with their garlic counterparts (all of which I have tried and tasted), there could be Cholula Ice Cream, Cholula Pasta, Chocolate Cholula, Cholula Olives, Cholula Bread and Cholula Candy, in addition to Cholula Beer (I did not taste the beer’s garlic counterpart in Gilroy).

Perhaps there could even be Count Cholula breakfast cereal, as inspired by the fourth post on this page in this thread, thanks to fellow FlyerTalker rkt10.

This should really raise product awareness with Cholula, as well as increase sales.

What does this have to do with Delta Air Lines? That’s easy. Have Delta Air Lines as either the Official Airline of Cholula Hot Sauce, or at least participate as one of the corporate sponsors for the event.
Old Sep 27, 2003, 6:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Cholula:
was this a Giant Foods store? </font>
Yes -- Giant Foods in Arlington on Washington Blvd. Big, busy Giant. And Cholula was certainly the only one sold out!

So I went to a Giant about a mile away and they were fully stocked.

But all the Giants seem to be running 70 cents off this week.

And as for being on FT to get away from work -- just think that, like Starwood, you're creating "customer evangelists" with your very own Cholula Lurker (you!). And who would have thought you'd get information about your company/product here? (Maybe even information that you wouldn't have gotten from your employees...)

So when is Delta going to follow Cholula? When is this board going to get an OfficialDLHelper?

[This message has been edited by gleff (edited 09-27-2003).]
Old Sep 27, 2003, 7:30 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by gleff:
So I went to a Giant about a mile away and they were fully stocked.</font>

So kicking some butt helped! Well, I actually kicked butt after the fact but what the hey....

Thanks gleff, orangejjr, my compadres Canarsie and Dovster and all the others who have contributed to a fun thread!
The tie-in to DL on this thread is that we are all in a sinking ship that we hope we can repair. Until we do so, it's fun to have a few laughs along the way.

Old Sep 29, 2003, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold

Seems Cholula 5oz bottles were on sale for $2.29 (70 cents off). They went fast!

</font>
Wow - $2.29? That is more than 70c off I think. :

http://www.mexgrocer.com/1254.html

Old Sep 29, 2003, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Brand Name: Cholula

Hot and tangy red hot sauce from chile de arbol, piquin pepper and spices. Cholula Mexican Hot Sauce is great! A Novamex product.

CHOLULA HOT SAUCE INFO

Cholula Hot Sauce is the fastest-growing premium Mexican hot sauce in the U.S market. It has been imported from Mexico since 1988. Made for three generations by the same family in Jalisco, Mexico, Cholula's special blend of red peppers, piquin peppers and spices have a unique flavor and aroma unlike anything you've ever experienced before. It's a seasoning, an ingredient, a condiment and a sauce. Its unique taste makes it the perfect complement to a wide range of foods.

Old Oct 11, 2003, 10:39 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

So, I turned in a VIP Cholula coupon today at Vicente Foods in Brentwood. (a SSM incentive). Anyway, checker looked at me as if I was an alien. Asked how I managed to score that "VIP" coupon. Of course, my lips were sealed. Rush Limbaugh may have his addiction problem, but I am completely hooked on cholula as are all of those beautiful people on Montana Ave. in Santa Monica. At the Blue Plate Special on Montana, where every woman is showing her midriff and and the crowd is star-studded and the waitresses are as beautiful as the clientele, those gorgeous waitresses carry Cholula in their apron pockets and, of course, ask each and every patron their opinion of the Delta Skymiles program and MQMs.
Old Oct 12, 2003, 12:07 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Okay, that’s IT!

It has been bottled up inside of me long enough, but I am fed up with you people! All of this Cholula talk is in such pour taste that it is eating me up! It is enough to make me want to commit assalt on someone with pepper spray!

I calmly went with the flow and digested three pages of this thread now, but the aggravation had to ketchup to me sometime, and I have finally had it! Therefore, I decided that the perfect punishment for all of you to spice things up in here is...

Note: Imagine the following four words uttered in Kelsey Grammer’s deepest, most diabolically evil tone (as in a frustrated Sideshow Bob on The Simpsons)...

••• IT’S SONG PARODY TIME! •••

The following song parody is to the 1979 hit My Sharona by The Knack, with no apologies at all whatsoever to The Knack. I am very sorry, but I refuse to apologize. So there.

-------------------

Eat Cholula!

It’s my favorite hot sauce, favorite sauce.
Can’t wait to add you to my food, Cholula.
Ooh you make my mouth water, my mouth water.
It’s the sauce with attitude, Cholula
Never gonna stop or give it up.
Know I’m gonna spend
A little money for the taste
Of the perfect blend.

AY YI YI YI YI WOOOO!
E E E Eat Cholula...

Pour a little faster huh, ah will ya huh.
Out of the bottle and on my steak, Cholula.
I love it on all my foods, ALL my foods
I’ll even put it on my cake, Cholula
Take that familiar wooden top
Off of the bottle
Know that the flavor will be
At full throttle.

AY YI YI YI YI WOOOO!
E E E Eat Cholula...

Help make my hunger go away, away today.
It has the right amount of heat, Cholula
Satisfy my appetite, my appetite
With that incomparable treat, Cholula!
Always gonna pour and eat it up.
Better than any spice.
A lifetime supply of Cholula
Would be very nice!

AY YI YI YI YI WOOOO!
E E E Eat Cholula...

-------------------

Can anyone top this saucy yet condimentary contribution???

What does this have to do with Delta Air Lines? I think Delta Radio once played My Sharona on a flight years ago...

Food for thought...
Old Oct 12, 2003, 12:30 am
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Canarsie that was just perfect!
This has everything to do with Delta and is strictly on topic. Delta has to spice up it's image . I would never be so crass as to suggest that the FA's carry cholula in their apron pockets; but it might make the little snacks (in liew of real food) a lot more palatable. My fear is that they will start charging for our favorite hot sauce.
Old Oct 12, 2003, 1:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
CHOLULA ANNOUNCES ENHANCEMENTS

Cholula Hot Sauce is going to enhance its products as of Jan 1, its director of customer service, Vicki Enchilada announced today.

"We're getting rid of those wooden bottle tops that everyone hates," Ms. Enchilada said. "They are an environmental disgrace --why cut down a tree just to keep hot sauce fresh? Instead, we are going to start manufacturing cheap plastic bottle tops, made from petrochemicals which we will obtain by drilling for oil in currently pristine sections of Alaska."

The enhancements don't stop there, Ms. Enchilada continued. "From now on, we will be putting 16 bottles of hot sauce into every case, instead of the current 12. To make room for this, we will be jamming the same 5 ozs of the stuff into 4 oz bottles. This may make things uncomfortable, but I am certain that our customers won't complain."

The Cholula frequent eater program, Frymiles, will also be enhanced, according to Ms. Enchilada.

"We are doubling the amount of Frymiles you need to get a free bottle of Hot Sauce," she said. "This is being done to enable our best eaters more opportunities to get the condeement...err, condahment...err...stuff. We have been giving away so many Frymiles through the Cholula Amexs, to people who stay at partner homeless shelters, and surfboard renters that the competition for the 18 bottles we actually give away each year has been brutal. Now, maybe the people who actually buy Cholula will have a crack at a free bottle."

Under the new plan, you will get 1/2 of a Frymile for each bottle you buy on sale, a full Frymile if you pay full price, and two Frymiles if you overpay at a convenience store.

Gee, I'm sorry but I just can't think of a single Delta connection to this letter.

[This message has been edited by Dovster (edited 10-12-2003).]
Old Oct 12, 2003, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Dovster:
Gee, I'm sorry but I just can't think of a single Delta connection to this letter.</font>
I disagree. Vicki Enchilada caused me to nearly spill my coffee.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.