Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Unabashed Cholula Spam

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2003, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
I landed at DCA this morning (on the Delta Shuttle -- for relevance!) and walked past the California Pizza Kitchen restaurant that sits just outside Terminal B security. What do I see but dozens of bottles of Cholula hot sauce -- one on each table in the entire restaurant! I never noticed that before; maybe Cholula has a major new customer?

Bruce
Old Sep 22, 2003, 8:50 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

[QUOTE]Originally posted by bdschobel:
I landed at DCA this morning (on the Delta Shuttle -- for relevance!) and walked past the California Pizza Kitchen restaurant that sits just outside Terminal B security. What do I see but dozens of bottles of Cholula hot sauce -- one on each table in the entire restaurant! I never noticed that before; maybe Cholula has a major new customer?

One can only hope that the CPK pizzas will be vastly improved with the addition ofCholula

Edited due to messed-up ubs and jet-lag.

[This message has been edited by obscure2k (edited 09-22-2003).]
Old Sep 22, 2003, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by bdschobel:

Bruce
</font>
Gosh, I must have eaten there 30 times this year. I ate there last week. Never noticed the Cholula before! Will have to pay closer attention. Had never thought of Cholula on pizza before, but why not?
Old Sep 22, 2003, 9:27 pm

Location: FLL; DL PM; CO Silver; Hilton Diamond; Priority Club Gold; Hertz PC; National Emerald; et al
Landed in PNS at 6:40PM tonight (DL1175) and went straight to Firehouse subs with every FT's favorite hot sauce. I look forward to both when I come here...!!!
Old Sep 22, 2003, 11:50 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by bdschobel:

Bruce
</font>
Bruce...thanks to you, gleff and FL-DL-Platinum for the continuing detective work! CPK has been one of our best customers for over five years. The CEO's of both CPK and Baja Fresh are good buddies and we picked up Baja Fresh a couple years ago as a result of the CPK business.
We've made some pretty good tabletop restaurant scores over the last six months. We picked up 1,200 of the 1,800 Denny's locations worldwide....they don't tabletop anything so you have to ask for it.We share the business at Denny's with Tabasco. We picked up the Sizzler restaurant chain last week and hope to close on El Torito and Acapulco Grill in the next couple weeks.
Our restaurant business is critical to the growth of the brand. Tens of thousands of folks see the brand everyday, try it, hopefully like it and then will be more likely to buy a bottle at their local grocery store. We don't make tons of money selling restaurants as we have to give the restaurant chains a generous rebate that eats most of the profit. But it's a great sampling vehicle to build awareness and drive our retail grocery business.

Edited for jet lagged typo....

[This message has been edited by Cholula (edited 09-23-2003).]
Old Sep 23, 2003, 12:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Reasons I Like Cholula:

1. They do not charge me twice the price if the bottle lasts me less than 6 days (including a Saturday night).

2. They do not "enhance" the sauce by taking away some of the ingredients.

3. They do not try to jam 10 ounces of Cholula into a 5 ounce "regional" bottle.

4. After I pay for a bottle of Cholula I am never told that they oversold that particular bottle and that I will have to wait for a later one.

5. Cholula does not lose my suitcase on a regular basis.

Okay. I dare ANYONE to say this was not a Delta-related posting!
Old Sep 23, 2003, 5:49 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

...and I will bet that Cholula is good for Medallions who beef!

...er...I meant to say Medallions of beef...
Old Sep 23, 2003, 9:27 am

Programs: Delta-Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott-Lifetime Titanium. Priority Club-Platinum
I read this thread with interest being a hardcore chile-head (I even brought my latest crop of Habanero's in to work today for some co-workers!)

In my humble opinion, Cholula is a decent hot sauce, but nothing to rave about. It is basically your pepper & vinegar mash akin to a Mexican Tabasco. There are many, many better sauces on the market (Melindas XXX Reserve being one of my favorites).

Go to WWW.MOHOTTA.COM and start drooling!

Old Sep 23, 2003, 10:34 am

Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, DL DM since inception, 3+ MM, HH Gold, SPG-Gold
Programs: DL, UA, AA, HH, SPG, HH, Hertz, Avis
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Pointfreak!:
I read this thread with interest being a hardcore chile-head (I even brought my latest crop of Habanero's in to work today for some co-workers!)

In my humble opinion, Cholula is a decent hot sauce, but nothing to rave about.
</font>
Talking about a red hot flame from a selfproclaimed hothead!!

For those of us raised on bland meat and potatoes, being able to eat the Piquin peppers in Cholula is all our body can tolerate before nature prevents any further advancement. I dont think it is a coincidence that the #1 rated Hot Sauce is called Colon Blow, however, if needing to have your intestines cleaned out, some of us prefer Colace rather than Red Habañero doing the job!.

Oh, to assure this remains Delta relevant:
It may be that Cholula Hot Sauce in the world of hot sauces is like Delta's B/E produc which is all most of us have access to and are fully content with and are able to tolerate. We know SQ's FC product is better but remains out of reach for most of us for which reason we stay content with B/E.
Old Sep 23, 2003, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Cholula certainly isn't the hottest hot sauce around, but it is tasty! If you want really hot, a Mexican restaurant (now closed, unfortunately) in a Los Angeles suburb used to serve roasted habanero peppers as a side dish. They were virtually inedible, and I LIKE hot peppers! I would cut them up into tiny pieces and put them on my food. No one could eat them straight (and live).

Bruce
Old Sep 23, 2003, 11:10 am

My dad has a friend who eats them &lt;B&gt;WHOLE&lt;/B&gt; - I have no idea how he does it, but they don't seem to bother him too much.
Old Sep 23, 2003, 11:30 am
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

There is a chili stand at the Santa Monica Farmers Market. The vendor wears gloves when touching the Habaneros and recommends to the buyer that gloves should always be worn when handling the raw ones. I am certainly happy that DL does not serve Habaneros as a condiment Perhaps, Cholula would let us know if the Aeromexico (DL codeshare) serves up spicy food on its flights.
Old Sep 23, 2003, 11:27 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by obscure2k:
There is a chili stand at the Santa Monica Farmers Market. The vendor wears gloves when touching the Habaneros and recommends to the buyer that gloves should always be worn when handling the raw ones. I am certainly happy that DL does not serve Habaneros as a condiment Perhaps, Cholula would let us know if the Aeromexico (DL codeshare) serves up spicy food on its flights.</font>
Hi O2K. Actually, I spend a lot of time on AM and their food is nothing to write home about ( I'm sure I'll get some dissenting opinions on this ). The food could use a definite hot sauce kick, believe me.

Flying_Duck....love the description of the Colon Blow hot sauce! Hey.....everybody has their own personal favorites among hot sauce. We purposely don't market a "blow the top of your head off" hot sauce as it's counter productive. We'd like the occasional repeat customer.
We have had the fastest growing product in the US for the last four years so evidently many folks find the formula the right balance between heat and flavor.

Old Sep 24, 2003, 8:18 am

Programs: Delta-Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott-Lifetime Titanium. Priority Club-Platinum
Geez, talk about foot in mouth! I didnt realize that Mr. Cholula was actually "Senor Cholula"...as in employee, owner, distributor, whatever.

No flame intended...Like I said it is a decent sauce, just not one of my "first line" choices. I do like the wooden cap however.

Flyingduck: I am not into those "insanity" type sauces that arent really sauces at all. Seems most are just capsaicin extract laced potions meant for "I dare you to try it" type contests.

Cholula: Where can I get one of those giant bottles I have seen periodically at restaraunts, etc? Promo item? Might look good behind my bar!

[This message has been edited by Pointfreak! (edited 09-24-2003).]
Old Sep 24, 2003, 8:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Pointfreak, don't worry about it. I am certain that Cholula is not the kind of man to hold a grudge,

In fact, at this very moment he is busy arranging a free, round-the-world, trip for you -- all of it in a Delta regional jet. The last leg will be FRA-MIA. Of course, the RJ's don't have quite that much range so you will probably bail out somewhere over the Artic Sea, which can be quite bracing in December.

Personally, I liked your suggestion about visiting www.mohotta.com and did, indeed, find the ideal hot sauce on sale there: Cholula.

As for those big bottles, you can find them at www.cholula.com, along with Cholula t-shirts and Cholula hats (which, according to Esquire Magazine, are the ideal fashion choice for Artic Sea dips.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.