Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Unabashed Cholula Spam

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2003, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Now if only we could shop the Cholula store via an online shopping portal and earn Skymiles for our purchases... this thread would be appropriate for the forum and we and Cholula would all be better off! (Although so too would DL b/c the miles would be purchased from them, and they don't really deserve it. How 'bout a tie in with another program? )
Old Sep 18, 2003, 12:28 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

...and then the captain on that Delta flight made a frightening announcement that all of the engines have lost power. Oxygen masks flew out of the ceilings. The airplane started plummeting towards the ground at an alarming speed. People were screaming. A SaveSkyMiles rat button rolled forward down the aisle and dented the cockpit door. I could not believe what happened next, as this is the most amazing thing I have ever witnessed in my life! What happened next was —

Oh, wait — I am in the Cholula forum, not the Delta forum.

Never mind...

----------------------

I arrived at my destination late at night on a Delta flight recently. After getting my rental car, I proceeded in the rain to my hotel. After checking in, I went into my room. I was very tired but I needed to unwind, so I flopped down on the bed and turned the television on. When I reached the channel for the Spike television network, Blind Date was on. There was a couple sitting at a table outside of a restaurant on their date. At the center of the table was that notoriously famous bottle of hot sauce. The partially-visible label had “lula” on it. The wooden bottle top sealed the contents inside of the bottle.

I did not stay tuned to see whether or not the date was successful.
Old Sep 18, 2003, 2:51 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Canarsie:
...When I reached the channel for the Spike television network, Blind Date was on. There was a couple sitting at a table outside of a restaurant on their date. At the center of the table was that notoriously famous bottle of hot sauce. The partially-visible label had “lula” on it. The wooden bottle top sealed the contents inside of the bottle.</font>
Canarsie...thanks for the heads up on this product placement! We pay a placement firm an annual fee to get our product placed in as many TV shows and movies as they can pull off. They give us a quarterly recap of where it was placed but sometime shows just use our product for whatever reason and we never hear of it.
Product placement is of dubious value and is unmeasurable as to effectiveness but every little bit of exposure helps.
Of course, I guess there are some shows we'd rather not be associated with....

Old Sep 18, 2003, 2:54 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by gleff:
Now if only we could shop the Cholula store via an online shopping portal and earn Skymiles for our purchases... this thread would be appropriate for the forum and we and Cholula would all be better off! (Although so too would DL b/c the miles would be purchased from them, and they don't really deserve it. How 'bout a tie in with another program? &lt;IMG SRC="http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ideasmilie.gif"&gt; )</font>
Good idea and I'm certainly open for suggestions as to the best program to use for airline miles. Would have said DL a few months ago but now I'm having second and third thoughts....

Old Sep 18, 2003, 3:26 pm

CHOLULA BABY!!! The best sauce ever. Remember, eat plenty of ice cream after a meal laced with CHOLULA.
Old Sep 18, 2003, 3:40 pm

Location: MHT, DL DM & now KM!/ formerNW Plat /HH Diamond/SPG plat
This isn't my day. I just had to quit reading a Starwood thread on best San Antonio properties as it was making me hungry for my native foods (I'm a native Texan on a business trip right now in Montreal - where there is nary an enchilada to be found)....so I come back over to the Delta thread only to stumble upon THIS!!!
OK, let's add insult to injury - anyone have a good hot wing recipe to share using Cholula? (Just to make it pertinent, these would be wings I'd be eating on a DL flight up front where we now have to "brown bag" it.....in fact we could add a new thread called "DL First Class Brown Bag Recipes".
Old Sep 18, 2003, 5:23 pm

Consider my curiosity aroused. As soon as this hurricane thang is done I'm heading down to Rocklands in Arlington. I believe they sell the hot stuff as well as let you use a little splash on your eats.
Old Sep 18, 2003, 11:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Cholula:
Good idea and I'm certainly open for suggestions as to the best program to use for airline miles. Would have said DL a few months ago but now I'm having second and third thoughts....

</font>

Cholula, there is no question -- you should give LY miles for any purchase of hot sauce made anywhere (in stores as well as on line).

The big advantage: LY miles (okay, they call them "points") have real value. For example, with only 2600 points you can fly FC from Tel Aviv to the States.

Of course, every once in a while you will run into the slight problem of a customer not living near an airport served by LY, but I think I have a solution for that, too.

In order not to have the points go to waste (they expire after 4 years) simply require your customers to provide proof that they live within driving distance of an LY hub city. The points earned by people who do not meet that qualification would automatically be divided up among the posters to this thread who are more geographically enabled.

Dovster

PS: Did I mention that LY (El Al) has only one hub city -- Tel Aviv?

Old Sep 19, 2003, 12:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by El Boocho:

Consider my curiosity aroused. As soon as this hurricane thang is done I'm heading down to Rocklands in Arlington. I believe they sell the hot stuff as well as let you use a little splash on your eats.</font>
El Boocho. I have a better idea. Wonder how a few drops of Cholula Hot Sauce goes with Maryland Blue Crabs?

Maybe we can get you along HERE in a few weeks when we are in DC, and I can bring my own personal bottle of Cholula along to share around the Flyertalkers there at the Crab Shack?

Any other Delta flyers in the DC area want to come join in?? gleff is on the list already if work schedules allow.

Old Sep 19, 2003, 1:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
THE GREAT CHOLULA CONTEST!

Kathnunley's post vis-a-vis Cholula recipes inspired me to come up with a wonderful idea: The Great Cholula Contest.

Everyone will send in his/her favorite Cholula recipe and both the best and the worst will be selected.

Cholula will then generously spring for the following prizes:

Best Recipe: A FC ticket from anywhere in the world to New Orleans, on any airline except DL. A full weekend will also be paid for including hotel, drinks, and dinners at various Cajun restaurants which will be topped off with Cholula Hot Sauce.

Worst Recipe: An Economy Class ticket from anywhere in the world to Atlanta, on Delta. Here, too, you will get a full weekend but you will have to spend it with Vikki. (If the Worst Recipe is submitted by a person who is female and/or of a different sexual orientation, Vikki will be replaced by Leo.)

Hint: For a special treat, in the morning put $5 on the pillow and hear Vikki/Leo tell you about Simply Good Business.
Old Sep 19, 2003, 12:53 pm

Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, DL DM since inception, 3+ MM, HH Gold, SPG-Gold
Programs: DL, UA, AA, HH, SPG, HH, Hertz, Avis
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Dovster:
THE GREAT CHOLULA CONTEST!
</font>
I just finished my lunch consisting of two, large homegrown sun riped tomatoes, sliced and with mayonaise, salt and 1/4 oz. cholula (as is in one small package). Just that, no bread, nothing else - just heaven!!

Old Sep 19, 2003, 1:30 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Today's breakfast: ham and cheese egg-white omelet with a liberal shake of Cholula on top. Please note: this is not my official Cholula recipe entry.
Old Sep 21, 2003, 12:22 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ozstamps:
El Boocho. I have a better idea. Wonder how a few drops of Cholula Hot Sauce goes with Maryland Blue Crabs?

Maybe we can get you along HERE in a few weeks when we are in DC, and I can bring my own personal bottle of Cholula along to share around the Flyertalkers there at the Crab Shack?
</font>
I'm not sure if Old Bay and Cholula are compatible, but I'll give it a shot. Hope to see you in Nov.
Old Sep 21, 2003, 8:15 pm

I tried the red elixir on some raw oysters this weekend. I usually use the T stuff; not anymore. Fantastico.
I wonder if we'll ever see "Cholula, the official hotsauce of Flyertalkers everywhere."
My favorite is a liberal dousing on a Hawaiian pizza-yum.
Old Sep 21, 2003, 8:52 pm

H53Epilot....thanks to you and the rest of the FT gang for your nice words! I'm here to enjoy the camaraderie of this forum and, incidentally, to make sure none of you are ever without the proper condiment for your meal! You all know how to get hold of me.....so just holler when the need arises.
Regards.....Cholula

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.