Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Unabashed Cholula Spam

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2003, 8:02 pm

Can you buy the stuff in a supermarket in Michigan? Sweet Thing loves Hot Sauce, I'd love to get some for her.
Old Sep 17, 2003, 8:26 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by PineyBob:
Can you buy the stuff in a supermarket in Michigan? Sweet Thing loves Hot Sauce, I'd love to get some for her.</font>
Drop this on her eggs and she'll be doing back flips.
Old Sep 17, 2003, 8:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Due to Cholula's generosity a LOT of folks have Cholula Hot Sauce in their kitchens.

Cholula shipped a lot of boxes of it to the FT'ers who donated to www.SaveSkyMiles.com, raising a lot of funds, and that generous gesture is worth a thread if anything is.

(Sure beats avek00 telling us absolute screaming porkies like Government fares are 10% of Y. )

I certainly am a recipient of this great product and generoity, and wangled some through Australian Customs a month or so back, and love the stuff.

So the phrase "used Internationally" on the website is not an idle boast.

And yes, the blond wooden tops are really neat. In an era where 'everything' is plastic and glass, it is a very classy touch.

I use a ton of hot sauce, and it on virtually everything I eat. I
find this does not have that killer zing a lot of Mexican sauce can have. "Just Right".

And that animated graphic on the left of the website is a beauty - well worth a look if you have not seen it.

www.Cholula.com

--------------------------------------------------------

[This message has been edited by ozstamps (edited 09-17-2003).]
Old Sep 17, 2003, 8:48 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
You're all too kind! But, hey, I'm the biggest fan of all!

DL Platinum
j379pa
paradocs
Flying_Duck
const88
PineyBob

Y'all got mail!!
Old Sep 18, 2003, 12:04 am

Location: DL: PM/2M; UA: 1K; AA: Plat/2MM; SQ: PPS; US: Plat; Starwood: Plat; Hilton: Diam Hyatt: Diam; Loews Plat; Avis: Chair.
Too funny. I never put the name together with the sauce.
Old Sep 18, 2003, 5:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: 2008 FT1 Fantasy Football Champion
I didn't either. My wife's family swears by the stuff, and I don't think it's half bad myself.
Old Sep 18, 2003, 6:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
I used the sauce occasionally before coming to Flyertalk.

I use the sauce consistenly now that I know FT and cholula. And I don't let my girlfriend use powdered mexican seasoning and tobasco anymore.

You know what? This topic is very far afield from Delta and Skymiles. But if the "Moderators Keep On Moderating" thread (also off-topic) can be left open, so can this one. Cholula sauce was part of the SaveSkyMiles campaign, and so related. And the answer to "can you give me some examples of folks that are DL 4MMs?" could include Cholula.

Okay, maybe I'm shoehorning here, but, well, I'm human and not a computer. So just go ahead and reference this thread the next time you want to complain about moderator inconsistency...
Old Sep 18, 2003, 6:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
My name is Dovster and I am a Cholulaholic.

I, too, do not allow Gleff's girlfriend to use powdered Mexican seasonings and tabasco any more.

More than that, this evening I am going to introduce my UIG (Used Italian Girlfriend) to Cholula. (The sauce, not the man. I am not crazy.)

I am meeting her in Tel Aviv this evening, after dinner, and we are going to go out and get some ice cream. I plan to secretly smother her sundae with Cholula. Can anyone tell me if it goes well with pistachio?

In about two weeks she will be returning to Milan carrying with her all my love and two bottles of Cholula. Having the sauce doesn't bother her at all.

Later in the year I will fly to Milan to be with her. I might even use an airplane.

By that time, I expect her to be an accomplished Cholula Italian chef, specializing in such entrees as Fettucine Cholula and Pizza Diabolo. In fact, the combination of my UIG and Cholula may well bring back the old Alka Seltzer commercial "Mamma mia! Now THAT'SA some spicy meatball!"

(Purists: Please note that I said that I "might even use an airplane." If I do, it will be an Alitalia flight, earning me DELTA Skymiles. I would never post off topic.)

Old Sep 18, 2003, 7:44 am

Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, DL DM since inception, 3+ MM, HH Gold, SPG-Gold
Programs: DL, UA, AA, HH, SPG, HH, Hertz, Avis
With all the other sour threads open at the moment, I am glad the moderators have kept this one open.

Relationship to Delta you ask? - Well, it's like a rite of passage! - only those who have paid close attention to the Delta board over some time are able to comfortably post in this thread.

Cholula rocks!
Old Sep 18, 2003, 8:01 am

Location: FLL; DL PM; CO Silver; Hilton Diamond; Priority Club Gold; Hertz PC; National Emerald; et al
Never used Cholula before coming to FT. My dad was a Tabasco Guy all of my growing up years - so it was all I knew. He even used that green stuff that sits unused on the restaurant table as all the red bottles are empty.

After coming to FT, I see that stuff everywhere - and use nothing else. It's kind of cool to tell friends & clients "hey I know that guy" - if even just in the virtual world. To add my 2c, Firehouse Subs are the best...!!!! They have probably 40 different bottles of hot sauce on the counter to choose from. I always make sure Cholula is at the front when I walk out of the place...!!

Firehouse beats Quizno's hand's down and Cholula just adds to it...!!! By the way, to keep it on topic of Delta related material, I've never had my own Firehouse Sub with Cholula sauce brought onto the FC cabin of a Delta flight (even though I do recline my seat as I disagree with most of you on this).
Old Sep 18, 2003, 8:14 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hilton Diamond *Wood Gold, Hertz PC
It's the best ! Try it on fish tacos. Yum. For anyone who has not had a fish taco it may sound odd, but you have to try at least one with some Choulas. You will be hooked forever.
Old Sep 18, 2003, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
I have a feeling this thread will be around quite a while, so I will post here my story from elsewhere about this much travelled Hot Sauce.

Many of you have visited Australia, and honestly your US Customs laws are pretty much 'non existent' compared to what we have here. And I enter the USA 5 or 6 times times a year so can say that with some certainty.

It is a $10,000 fine - no arguments. And that I truly agree with.

I recently bought back some bottles of the superb Cholula Hot Sauce generously donated by a board regular who I will not name in case it is constituted as a shameful commercial plug. Coff.

I did the right thing and declared them, as ALL suitcases from ARRIVING pax here are now sent in your presence thru a huge scanner that checks for ORGANIC MATTER.

i.e. ticking "NO" to plant and vegetable material on entry form and heading for green channel does you no good as this machine WILL detect it, trust me.

The Quarantine guy looks at the Cholula Hot Sauce and says "sorry - food and plant/vegetable matter - we are confiscating this". I replied - "it is hot pepper Mexican sauce - there are surely no bugs of any kind in there?"

Guy says - "well there MIGHT be - we can't take chances". I untwist off the neat wooden stopper, and suggest he places a drop on his tongue and tell me whether any bug can possibly survive in there, and he smiled and said: "OK, OK, - get out of here".

And of course this post has a definite Delta connection. I saw a Delta jet on the tarmac at LAX, ahead of my UA 747 in runway line-up.
Old Sep 18, 2003, 11:37 am

Wow, I feel left out! I've never tried Cholula (the man or the sauce). How hot is it (the sauce)? I'm kind of a wimp in this area but you guys have piqued my curiosity. Is it available in grocery stores or would I need to go to a specialty store?
Old Sep 18, 2003, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: 2008 FT1 Fantasy Football Champion
Actually, a better reaction would be:

I feel like I'm a caller to the Mr. Obvious Show.
"Huh. I never made the connection. Thanks Mr. Obvious!"

(Only Bob & Tom fans will get that. And to make it DL related, I was listening to B & T on my way to the airport for the last vacation I took... )

Old Sep 18, 2003, 11:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Warmsnickers,

If you go to www.cholula.com and click on the magnifying glass, it will bring you to an interactive map of the US. Then click on Utah to find which stores in your state carry the sauce.

Of course, you can not buy it in your own city. That would violate the concept of the Delta Forum. Instead, you have to hop on a Delta flight and buy it elsewhere.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.