Wiki Posts
Search

25k Skymiles

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2004, 1:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS, Amex Centurion, UA 1MM
25k Skymiles

I don't know if this belongs here, but I got an offer today to sign up for a Gold Business Delta/ Amex card, fee free for a year to receive 25,000 bonus miles...sounds like a good deal, no?

10k for the 1st charge
10k for spending $5000.
5k for issuing 2 more cards to employees also fee free.
Old Mar 15, 2004, 9:23 pm

Is there a link or an 800 number? This sounds very good!
Old Mar 16, 2004, 11:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS, Amex Centurion, UA 1MM
The number on the form is 1-888-473-5830
Old Mar 16, 2004, 11:17 am

This is what I have been waiting for.
Umm, since I am under 18 and I cannot apply for the credit card, if my dad applied for it, can I still get the miles in my account? My dad does not have a Skymiles account, nor does he fly nearly as much as I do. I am dying to reach medallion status. Seriously, this is the only way I can get that. Thanks
Old Mar 16, 2004, 12:07 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by pofriri:
Umm, since I am under 18 and I cannot apply for the credit card, if my dad applied for it, can I still get the miles in my account? My dad does not have a Skymiles account, nor does he fly nearly as much as I do. I am dying to reach medallion status. Seriously, this is the only way I can get that. Thanks
</font>

I can not be 100% sure, but I would bet that these miles do not count towards medallion status- sorry
Old Mar 16, 2004, 12:07 pm

Programs: SPG HHonors
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by pofriri:
</font>
Good question. I think that you may have a problem. Good job on getting on this website so early in life, though! You are going to really load up on miles. I would call the number and explain the situation and see what they say. Alternatively, have your dad do it and transfer the miles to you once they hit.

Old Mar 16, 2004, 12:19 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Etihad Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
</font>
Remember, this offer is for a Business AMEX, so you may run into qualification issues in that area, too.
Old Mar 16, 2004, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Transfer the miles?
Old Mar 16, 2004, 1:28 pm
JS
Suspended

Programs: DL Gold Medallion; UA Premier Executive; WN sub-CP; AA sub-Gold
[quote]<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by pofriri:
[b]This is what I have been waiting for.
Umm, since I am under 18 and I cannot apply for the credit card, if my dad applied for it, can I still get the miles in my
Old Mar 16, 2004, 4:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Retired :)
For most of my flights on DL I purchased U or T class, so that is only 1/2 the medallion miles.
</font>
No one on this forum has ever complained about this.

Old Mar 17, 2004, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by indufan:
Transfer the miles?</font>
huh?

There is no way to transfer miles to another account.
Old Mar 17, 2004, 9:03 am
Original Member

Location: Los Angeles, CA - Nearly 4 Million Actual Miles Flown
Who deleted several posts in this thread? THere are missing posts in this thread (see message count on the topic page).
Old Mar 17, 2004, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by NoStressHere:
huh?

There is no way to transfer miles to another account.
</font>
That was my question from:

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ScottTexas:
Alternatively, have your dad do it and transfer the miles to you once they hit. </font>
Old Mar 17, 2004, 10:19 am

Programs: SPG HHonors
I was under the impression, perhaps wrongly, that you could gift miles. AA allows this, perhaps DL does not.
Old Mar 17, 2004, 10:31 am
JS
Suspended

Programs: DL Gold Medallion; UA Premier Executive; WN sub-CP; AA sub-Gold
You can gift an award ticket, but not the miles themselves. As far as I know this is the case on every airline.

How convenient that 25,000 bonus miles for a credit card is EXACTLY enough for one coach ticket.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.