Wiki Posts
Search

Problem with Delta.com

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2006, 5:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Avis
Problem with Delta.com

For the past week I have not been able to price out anything on Delta.com. I get the screen showing that it is looking but the results page is blank. So today I call tech support. They are aware of the problem and took some info from me but provided no help.

Are other flyer talkers having this problem?
Old Oct 25, 2006, 6:47 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA Lifetime Plat, IHG SE
Originally Posted by powerplantop
For the past week I have not been able to price out anything on Delta.com. I get the screen showing that it is looking but the results page is blank. So today I call tech support. They are aware of the problem and took some info from me but provided no help.

Nope, priced out a ticket on Monday 11/23, purchased it yesterday, 11/24, haven't seen this problem.
Old Oct 25, 2006, 6:48 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Starwood GM

I experienced an identical problem after loading the new IE 7.0 browser. Decided to remove 7.0 and return to 6.o and the problem still exists. I advised Delta and they sent me an online questionnaire with PC/ISP questions. Completed the quesionnaire and have heard nothing. They must be losing business if the problem is widespread
Old Oct 26, 2006, 3:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Avis
Originally Posted by Kahuna
I experienced an identical problem after loading the new IE 7.0 browser. Decided to remove 7.0 and return to 6.o and the problem still exists. I advised Delta and they sent me an online questionnaire with PC/ISP questions. Completed the quesionnaire and have heard nothing. They must be losing business if the problem is widespread
I started having this right after "upgrading" (sounds like enhancment) to 7. I just loaded Firefox and it works.
Old Oct 26, 2006, 4:24 pm

Programs: DL MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Gold
No problems with Safari - get a mac
Old Oct 26, 2006, 5:26 pm

Programs: Delta FO
I have had ie 7 since it was first a beta and now have the full release and I haven't had any problems with delta.com. Maybe you some ad-blocking or spam software, they often stop pages loading correctly
Old Oct 26, 2006, 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by mcjava
Nope, priced out a ticket on Monday 11/23, purchased it yesterday, 11/24, haven't seen this problem.
You purchased a ticket a month in the future? That's impressive.
Old Oct 26, 2006, 8:08 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Starwood GM
I started having this right after "upgrading" (sounds like enhancment) to 7. I just loaded Firefox and it works.
Firefox also works for me. No more delta.com reservations using IE7
Old Oct 26, 2006, 8:22 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA Lifetime Plat, IHG SE
Originally Posted by UpgradeMe
You purchased a ticket a month in the future? That's impressive.
That is impressive, huh?

October, not November (get my ones and aughts mixed up sometimes, sometimes even get my aught nots mixed up)
Old Nov 1, 2006, 6:44 pm

Programs: Delta PM/CRC, HH Diamond, Marriott Silver

I am having the same problem using my work and home PC's, and I'm using IE 6.0. I can not search from the main "Book a Trip" tab. When I talked to DL web assistance by phone, they said the workaround is to go to "Full Search Options" and search by schedule. This works, but you are forced to look at pricing one flight option at a time. I also sent an email and received a set of questions back about my PC, but no real help has come back.

I've resorted to looking at flights through other travel websites to find the right flights I need. It's getting pretty frustrating!

I'm surprised this is not more widespread. Anyone else?
Old Nov 1, 2006, 10:07 pm

Programs: Delta, Hilton, ICH, Hertz
Post Getting "Woops" Messages

I was trying to book three different flights today and it took me about an hour. I kept getting a message that said "Woops" and then something about they were having a problem and were working on it. I eventually got everything booked, but it was very aggravating.

I'm using FireFox 1.5.something
Old Nov 1, 2006, 10:31 pm

Programs: Delta 1MM, Platinum Marriott, Gold Priority Club
This is very widespread apparently and if you call them on it they give you the workaround. The tech said it's a Java incompatibility. This has happened a few times a year since DL.com went to the schedule moving display while it searches. It seems to fix itself eventually and then reoccur when they make a change on the booking page.
Old Nov 2, 2006, 7:18 am

I had the same problem with firefox. Switches to IE and after several tries was able to book flights.
Old Nov 11, 2006, 9:12 pm

Programs: Delta PM/CRC, HH Diamond, Marriott Silver
After several emails back and forth with Delta website support, I received the following email response yesterday:

"Dear Mr. xyz,

Thank you for your e-mail to Delta Air Lines.

Today, date November 10, just arriving to work this morning and have been advised by my colleagues the problem still exists and to continue to click on the Full Search Option to complete your transaction. I was hoping for some good news, but unfortunately, I don't have any other suggestions.

We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you on your next Delta flight."

The problem has still not gone away for me - I even tried upgrading to IE 7.0 on one of PC's, but no luck on that either.
Old Nov 12, 2006, 7:31 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, Priority Club Plat Ambassador
I have had the same problem and also had to install Firefox - which has turned out to be a much better browser! But boo and hiss to Delta. This is so sad that their primary revenue channel is not working properly and they have yet to get this fixed!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.