Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

Threshold Letters are being incorrectly addressed!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Threshold Letters are being incorrectly addressed!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2004, 10:10 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Flying_Duck:
Yuep, happened to me too!!.

Right address, wrong name and SM number -

(Hey: If Jastar M Swadrini, SM#2097037897 is out there - can we do a swop?)

These are the 4 150 MQM Threshold PMU's only, haven't gotten the "main package" yet.

So what exactly is Delta going to rectify this snafuu?
</font>
Sorry for any confusion out there.

FYI- that SkyMiles name/number isn't a valid acct. The # isn't a valid acct and the name couldn't be found in the database.

If you get a letter addressed incorrectly etc, just call Delta and a note will be made in your acct. New PMUs etc (if applicable) will be sent out ASAP. It any PMUs are received in error, please destroy them.

Again- there isn't a need to wait on the letter. Just go to delta.com and see if your acct is yet eligible to make your selection.

------------------
I am not a sanctioned representative of Delta on these boards, just an interested participant. I'm only here trying to shed light on DL issues brought up on this board and to provide my opinion and/or to try to answer Qs. I do work for Delta, but I don't represent DL's final word when answering a question (in any capacity). Please e-mail Customer Care with your questions to get a corporately-supported reply.www.delta.com/email
Old Feb 2, 2004, 11:24 pm

I got one of those letters as well.. It was for a woman!! I called right away and reported it.. I already had selected my choice online though..

Doug
Old Feb 3, 2004, 7:11 am

Programs: DL GM/2.7MM, Marriott Lifetime PL, SPG Lifetime PL,Hilton Gold, Natl Lifetime Exec Elite
No letter, bogus or other wise so also no PMU's. Did make my selection on line however, I just hope that it sticks. If someone gets access to my account I hope they have better luck at using the miles than I have had lately. Ain't automation wonderful?

------------------
former EASTERN ET,AA Gold,US Gold. Current DL PM-MM,Marriott PL, SPG PLT, Hilton Gold
Old Feb 3, 2004, 8:53 am

Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, DL DM since inception, 3+ MM, HH Gold, SPG-Gold
Programs: DL, UA, AA, HH, SPG, HH, Hertz, Avis
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by UnofficialDLHelper:
Sorry for any confusion out there.

FYI- that SkyMiles name/number isn't a valid acct. The # isn't a valid acct and the name couldn't be found in the database.

</font>
UDH: Well, I wouldn't be so careless as to post the actual name and number (I was just trying to make a joke)! though with the Indian sounding name on my letter together with another Indian sounding name mentioned above, I wonder whether the data base for paychecks for Indian based Delta agents accidently got mixed up with the PMU letter data base in the U.S.

[This message has been edited by Flying_Duck (edited Feb 03, 2004).]
Old Feb 3, 2004, 8:55 am

Programs: DL 2MM DM & My Wife is a DL 3MM DM
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Cholula:
I have yet to receive a letter...mine or somebody elses. But I want to give you a heads up on the DL.com online sign up. If it was the same one I accessed, it’s for your 2004 request for 2005 choices. It doesn’t apply to this years request.
Anybody else notice this??

</font>
Cholula--I'm pretty sure what you accessed on-line is the same thing as the letter that a lot of us are still waiting for. I think it's confusingly worded but it means you already have your 2004 status (from 2003 activity) so you are now working on 2005 (with your 2004 activity--including these carry-over options).

And, HECKLER, I couldn't stand the thought of you, me or anyone else on the scenario you outlined so I have returned your miles and relocated back to Atlanta, although it sure aint Hot'lanta this winter.

Old Feb 3, 2004, 9:38 am

Location: MHT, DL DM & now KM!/ formerNW Plat /HH Diamond/SPG plat
I was thrilled to see this thread today as it sure explains the letter I got yesterday - addressed to A MAN! (sorry, had to equalize the gender issues brought up earlier). Right address, wrong name, wrong #, wrong company name. No certificates, just the letter. I do think DL should explain or at least send an email to medallion members to let them know the error.

[This message has been edited by kathnunley (edited Feb 03, 2004).]
Old Feb 3, 2004, 12:15 pm

Well, we've got all of you beat so far. My wife actually got her Threshold Letter with all the info on it correct (no PMU's--I think they'll come separately later this month as in the past). I didn't get mine, but we got TWO screwed up ones!
Both had someone else's name with (I assume) their respective SM numbers, but with our address. The very nice woman I talked with at SMS said DAL had hired an outside vendor to do this and that they had messed up big time. She got that right!
The bottom line is if you go to the DAL website and make your choice (or through SMS) you don't really need the letter anyway. I'm guessing the PMUs that a couple of folks also got were the extra ones associated with the Threshold Levels (and not the basic six) so if you're due those make sure you eventually get them.

[This message has been edited by atl runner (edited Feb 03, 2004).]
Old Feb 3, 2004, 12:55 pm

Location: Smoke filled room, TPA and FLL/MIA :UAL 1K and 2MM,AA EX PLAT and 2MM,Lifetime Plat Starwood
I just was going to start a thread on this as I built this house a knew there was no previous Delta plat who lived here! I got one for a female with a last name completely on the other side of the alphabet. Also the account number is nowhere near mine. I can't figure out how they messed this up. Typical Delta of late. FUBAR
Old Feb 3, 2004, 2:19 pm

Programs: DL GM/2.7MM, Marriott Lifetime PL, SPG Lifetime PL,Hilton Gold, Natl Lifetime Exec Elite
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MM/PM widget:
No letter, bogus or other wise so also no PMU's. Did make my selection on line however, I just hope that it sticks. If someone gets access to my account I hope they have better luck at using the miles than I have had lately. Ain't automation wonderful?
</font>
Well I spoke to soon. In todays mail direct from Mr. Borden, was my letter or I should say my address and Mr. Wolf's letter and SM #. It also had his 2 PMU's! Was anyone that contacted Delta about this problem (the PMU's that is) advised as to what to do with them? Do they want us to mail them back or just destroy them?
As a precaution today I am changing my pinn number and printing a copy of account.
This is truly a major, major screw up!

------------------
former EASTERN ET,AA Gold,US Gold. Current DL PM-MM,Marriott PL, SPG PLT, Hilton Gold
Old Feb 3, 2004, 2:30 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Etihad Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MM/PM widget:
Was anyone that contacted Delta about this problem (the PMU's that is) advised as to what to do with them? Do they want us to mail them back or just destroy them?</font>
UDH posted earlier today that PMU's received in error should be destroyed.
Old Feb 3, 2004, 3:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM / 1MM "Enhancee" (Frequent Flyer) Since 1990
What i'd like to see is a news update on this issue on the medallion updates page? What happened to coporate honesty? Obviously no company wants to admit a screwup - but I think honesty (especially in todays corporate cover-up and corrupt atmosphere) is a good thing.

By being honest (among others things), DL could win back not only the trust, but business of people who are tired of being guinea pigs, lied to, jerked around, etc.

But being DL, it'll never happen. Doom on them.
Old Feb 3, 2004, 4:05 pm

UDH, when you click on your link, after logging in, you end up with this message: "Threshold Options are subject to change in the future. See details for year-end 2003 Threshold Options.
Qualifying members will be notified by mail and provided specific information in late 2003 or early 2004.
Refer to your mail packet for selection period dates, and be sure to make your selection within the designated time in order to receive your Threshold Options."

But when you are directed to make your choice, it is to make your threshold selection for 2004 to be applied for 2005. There is nothing for 2003 to be applied to 2004. The initial message, as stated above is for 2003, but you cannot do it. Why doesn't Delta fix this? This has existed for more than a week now.

------------------
Richard Laakso PM 2.8MM Starwood platinum
Old Feb 3, 2004, 4:52 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by rlaakso:
UDH, when you click on your link, after logging in, you end up with this message: "Threshold Options are subject to change in the future. See details for year-end 2003 Threshold Options.
Qualifying members will be notified by mail and provided specific information in late 2003 or early 2004.
Refer to your mail packet for selection period dates, and be sure to make your selection within the designated time in order to receive your Threshold Options."

But when you are directed to make your choice, it is to make your threshold selection for 2004 to be applied for 2005. There is nothing for 2003 to be applied to 2004. The initial message, as stated above is for 2003, but you cannot do it. Why doesn't Delta fix this? This has existed for more than a week now.

</font>
I think you're mis-interpreting. See my post above in this thread--the one posted at 8:55a.m.

Old Feb 3, 2004, 4:53 pm

[This message has been edited by atl runner (edited Feb 03, 2004).]
Old Feb 3, 2004, 6:20 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by DLfan:
UDH posted earlier today that PMU's received in error should be destroyed.</font>
I guess I should have said "I can read". I wanted to know and still do if anyone contacted Delta about this and what they had to say. With all due respect to UDH, he (or she) is not an "offical representative of Delta in these matters". So if anyone except DLfan contacted Delta direct i would appreciate knowing what they had to say.

------------------

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.