Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Europe-Lax to Florence-HELP

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2004, 5:05 pm
Original Poster

Europe-Lax to Florence-HELP

I have a little over 50000 miles.I need to travel in late May and am not too flexible
on dates.Out May 21 0r 22 back 31 or June 1.
I was able to get a free ticket from JFK with
3 stops to florence. since I come from La makes it a 4 stop 24 hour trip.Way home would be 2 stops,but I need to buy a ticket for 300 plus lax-jfk.Will tickets open up later?.I am torn
between saving 600 dollars (but taking a flight which adds 20 hours of trip time)or paying cash for the whole fare currently 950.
Old Jan 23, 2004, 5:14 pm

I am sure that the JFK-LAX award inventory will open up as you get closer to departure. I would neither sweat it, nor purchase a ticket. That said, you may not clear until the day before or perhaps even at the airport, but again I would not sweat it and imagine you will clear well in advance.

You can also try waitlisting for more direct routings for your outbound. Personally, I would go LAX-JFK-FCO/MXP and then train to FLR if you can't get the award seat FCO/MXP-FLR. MXP is probably an easier award than FCO, but that's just a guess.
Old Jan 23, 2004, 11:02 pm

You could do an award on Air France with DL miles making it a one-stop trip in both directions. Granted it's via Paris-CDG but it'll make the total trip time about 14.5 hours each way. And AF awards are relatively easy to come by (look for availability in X or W class).
Old Jan 24, 2004, 2:43 pm
Original Poster

I tried to get that flight(lax-paris-florence),so far I have called about 10 times over the past 2 months,always not available.I will keep trying but at some point
I am going to feel more comfortable having a ticket.Flying to Rome/Milan is not a good option as flights out are in the morning so would have to overnight before flying home or take a 4 am
train(no!)
Old Jan 24, 2004, 5:10 pm

Try PSA and BLQ, just a short hop on the train. Be sure to tell the agent to check AZ, AF, CO, NW and DL...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.