Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

For PM's Only. Do You Agree with the Changes to SkyMiles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

For PM's Only. Do You Agree with the Changes to SkyMiles

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2002, 8:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K/3MM, AA MM, DL MM
No.

The upgrade changes killed the program for me. If I am going to sit in the back, it won't be on DL. Although I could use PM status this year and still get all the benefits, I think it is MRTC on AA for me.

CWPFLY
Old Dec 21, 2002, 8:52 pm

Location: DL: PM/2M; UA: 1K; AA: Plat/2MM; SQ: PPS; US: Plat; Starwood: Plat; Hilton: Diam Hyatt: Diam; Loews Plat; Avis: Chair.
No on it all.

Unless they add a fourth level with the old benefits.

But I'll still be here anyway, I think they know that. However, unless it's Y or B, or I'm booking both ends within four days, my domestic travel will all go to UA and AA. I'm not sitting in 30" pitch if I can avoid it.
Old Dec 21, 2002, 9:02 pm
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Razzle-D:
NOT!!!

Who could possibly say 'yes'?
</font>
Yes! (seriously)

Old Dec 21, 2002, 9:17 pm

Programs: DL-MM/FC/FO AA-EXP/MM Starwood-Platinum Marriott-Platinum Hilton-Gold Hyatt-Diamond
NO

TW
Old Dec 21, 2002, 9:48 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver
edited to appease GG

NO!

[This message has been edited by bnaboy (edited 12-21-2002).]
Old Dec 21, 2002, 9:56 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
No, Nada, Nyet!!
Old Dec 21, 2002, 9:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
The only thing that I care about is the end of unlimited upgrades. I can even live with the 100 hour rule. When I first heard of it, I thought, well they will make me start counting them but it won't matter because whatever number they decide I won't be able to use. Of course, as I read more, I found out otherwise. I am (was) loyal to Delta and hope they reconsider, if they don't I am not sure what I will be doing in 2004 but it won't be flying across this great country in DL coach.
Old Dec 21, 2002, 10:20 pm
GG

bna: jeffreyt asked for YES or NO. Please do not start back and forthing here, asking questions, starting a discussion, even if other posters committed the first sin. Y'all are free to start another topic. Thank you.

[edited for specificity]

[This message has been edited by GG (edited 12-21-2002).]
Old Dec 21, 2002, 10:27 pm
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by bnaboy:
1)What do you prefer in the new program as oppossed to the old one?</font>
The fact that I will quailify faster. I typically fly spontaneous schedules, resulting in a much higher fare being paid. Why should a guy in BHM who books 25 trips months in advance have an upgrade over me?

bnaboy, Your situation is a bit perplexing as there is no/little DL competition in BNA, thus you pay much higher fares per segment. What class do your fares usually book in?

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">
2)How long and/or often have you reached PM status?
</font>
2 days so far, never before. BUT for years I have flown just as many trips as BHM, JAX, etc based travelers. They get to GM/PM faster than I, and they pay a cheaper price. If anything I feel the new rules help to even the playing field a bit.

Old Dec 21, 2002, 10:50 pm

Edited to appease GG

NO!

Old Dec 21, 2002, 10:56 pm

Edited to appease GG

NO!

Old Dec 21, 2002, 11:05 pm
GG

bna, No one asked anyone else a question before. They spoke their piece, even if it went beyond Yes or No. This thread is about Yes or No. It is not the place for dialog. Please? Start a new thread for discussion.
Old Dec 21, 2002, 11:07 pm

Edited to appease GG

NO!

Old Dec 21, 2002, 11:12 pm
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by GG:
This thread is about Yes or No. It is not the place for dialog.</font>
The Thread Nazi strikes again!

Old Dec 21, 2002, 11:13 pm

Location: Pleasant Prairie, WI USA DL FO (until 2/04), NW silver '03, NW gold '04+'05 Plat '06+ (thanks, Leo!), DL SkyClub
Programs: DL Plat/ Million Miler, AS, Hilton, Marriott Bonvoy, Piggly Wiggly Pig Points
In an odd way I think I understand part of jimpop's point.

Jimpop is ATL based which probably means most of his itineraries are two segments. While he gets the time benefit of nonstop service he also loses out on segments that, say, I would normally acquire. For me, eight tickets = 32 segments; for jimpop, it wouldbe 16.

I am pretty much in between ORD and MKE. Although UA or AA at ORD offers a lot of nonstop service, I would not use UA (or AA) as my primary carrier for many reasons, not the least of which is that it would be almost impossible for me to earn premier/elite status on UA or AA from ORD. I would need to fly 30 segments (15 tickets from ORD) or 25,000 miles. That would mean I would need to do ALL of my annual flying on one airline which, due to my destinations, would be impossible.

Further, airlines tend to charge much more to/from their hubs except when there is quite a bit of competition (as in AA/UA at ORD). A LUser fare to CVG in January is setting me back $335, twice what it would cost to go to ATL (where there is route competition).

I would expect jimpop to be a little more outraged that hub flyers pay higher fares and get fewer miles and half the segments on most of their tickets. (For example, if today I buy one week in advance ORD-SLC, I'll pay $471 while jimpop from ATL-SLC will pay more than twice that!)

Jimpop seems be one of the folks who would benefit from the new DL medallion structure, though I happen to like NW's approach better where flying 20 segments on higher fares gets you elite status without dumping on other customers.

(To be fair, those of us who endure the hub and spoke circus could argue that we are entitled to something for our inconvenience.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.