Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta AMEX Double Miles

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2001, 10:15 pm

ews761, will do. I'll switch to Platinum.
Old Oct 27, 2001, 10:48 am

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
Which dates are correct - Oct 15 - Nov 15 or Oct 15 - Nov. 30? Thanks.
Old Oct 27, 2001, 11:52 am

Location: you can't affordably get there (anywhere) from here (central MT)
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by JerryFF:
Which dates are correct - Oct 15 - Nov 15 or Oct 15 - Nov. 30? Thanks.</font>
from Delta Email Fan Fares for October 27 - 30, 2001

Delta SkyMiles Credit Card
Double Miles on Everything You Buy. From October 15 to November 30, 2001, earn Double Miles on everything you buy, everywhere you use your Delta SkyMiles Credit Card from American Express.

Old Oct 27, 2001, 1:13 pm

When do the bonus miles post? I just got my latest milage statement (from 9/18 - 10/17) and it had a few days (2 days to be exact, from 10/15 - 10/17) when I should of got double miles on those purchases.

I have not. So, I am assuming that the double miles get posted later? Can anybody confirm?
Old Oct 27, 2001, 1:51 pm

Programs: AA - Lifetime Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by steve100:
When do the bonus miles post? I just got my latest milage statement (from 9/18 - 10/17) and it had a few days (2 days to be exact, from 10/15 - 10/17) when I should of got double miles on those purchases.

I have not. So, I am assuming that the double miles get posted later? Can anybody confirm?
</font>
8-12 weeks after the promo ends according to the terms & conditions.

I'm jumping on this one. Just got my county tax bill and they now accept credit cards. my taxes plus the double points will earn me one free ticket. cool...

Old Oct 27, 2001, 5:26 pm

Please remember that the AmEx Skymiles card is an Optima card and as a result, you cannot charge more in any one billing cycle than your credit line, even if you pay off the card in the middle of the cycle.
Old Oct 28, 2001, 1:52 am

Programs: Island DOs, very sticky toffee pud w vanilla ice cream n multi-coloured velvet pillows enthusiast
and isn't that 25,000 is the maximum bonus skymiles for the promo? which means $12,500.00 of TOTAL charges from Oct.15-Nov.30?
Old Oct 28, 2001, 8:56 am

Belle, I interpret the promotion as $25,000 in charges will give you 50,000 miles--25,000 for the charges and 25,000 for the bonus.
Old Oct 29, 2001, 9:20 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by JerryFF:
Please remember that the AmEx Skymiles card is an Optima card and as a result, you cannot charge more in any one billing cycle than your credit line, even if you pay off the card in the middle of the cycle.</font>

This doesn't seem to be true for my Skymiles AMEX card. I purchased a bunch of I-bonds a week ago and then paid a portion of the balance not yet due and my credit limit increased by exactly the amount paid early. (and then I purchased more I-bonds using the renewed credit)

------------------
Mark DL PM/HH GD
Old Oct 29, 2001, 10:44 am

Well, I did something similar - paid off the balance by phone but the available credit did not go up. I called twice - spoke with two different AmEx agents. They both told me you could not charge more than your credit line during any one billing cycle, even if you pay off your bill in the middle of the cycle.

Since they extended double miles until Nov. 30 and my billing cycle ends Nov. 6, I think I will be able to get most of the bonus, but I wonder why they enforce the rule in some cases but not in others.
Old Nov 16, 2001, 9:25 pm

Programs: United, Delta, Starwood, American
Double Miles for AMEX cards

Hey all,

I just got my miles from my AMEX card transfered to my delta account, but no double miles. Has anyone else encountered this. Should I worry about these miles posting or will they do it in 6-8 weeks. Thanks alot.

Ricky
Old Nov 18, 2001, 8:49 pm

Call them. I've had no problems.
Old Nov 19, 2001, 6:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Rickdog99:
Hey all,

I just got my miles from my AMEX card transfered to my delta account, but no double miles. Has anyone else encountered this. Should I worry about these miles posting or will they do it in 6-8 weeks. Thanks alot.

Ricky
</font>
What double miles? Maybe I missed another promotion, but I have not seen one where you get double miles for a transfer. If you have a DL-AMEX card, you are getting double mile on each purchase, which is not the same as a transfer.

Old Nov 19, 2001, 6:41 am

I think they mean that they just had the points from their AMEX statement transferred to their Delta statement.

Perhaps the points post at a later date.

------------------
Got points ? Got smiles !
Old Nov 19, 2001, 7:30 am
Gui

As I understand it..there is evidently a promotion that gives an added bonus to your DL Skymiles account for "Memebership Reward Points" being transfered from ones AMEX MR Program to DL Skymiles account. I am not aware or have I heard of 'double mileage' for this transfer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.