Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta AMEX Double Miles

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2001, 7:26 am

This is the first I've heard about double miles being restricted to "participating merchants." My understanding of the promo materials was that the bonus applied to any supermarket, gas station, etc. Does anyone have any information which indicates otherwise, and if so, where do we get a list of "participating merchants"?
Old Jan 30, 2001, 10:49 am
Original Member

Try looking at your statement on line with Delta. One balance will match up with your statement and then a week or so later they will put in the in a separate entry which matches to the portion of the build that should be doubled (gas, supermarket/drug, etc).

You should have two entries for each month starting in Oct. I believe the posting date is Dec. Good luck.
Old Jan 30, 2001, 11:11 am
Suspended

I have found that its almost impossible to check and make sure that you in fact got double miles as promised.Yes I have received them but usually between 200-300 miles short.

I too did not like that after all was said and done that Amex held that NOT all gas,grocerices etc are doubled. For the time being I'll play their game till I get my 1st annual fee charge then Ill switch to a hotel card w/o any fees.

Old Jan 30, 2001, 11:29 am

Programs: BA, DL, HA, etc
I thought that I read that gas stations that do not count towards double miles are the ones at COSTCO and SAM'S CLUB.
Old Jan 30, 2001, 12:14 pm
Suspended

The prob is how the places are listed at AMEX. I purchased some food when recently out West at Alberstroms(?) its a major supermarket chain yet its description was 'general merchandise' which isnt entitled to 2X. Also some truck stops(gas) also came up different than 'gas station',could be if not a major no 2X. Yet some majors came up as the name that are doing bis as, instead of Mobil came as United Oil so no 2X. etc etc
Old Jan 30, 2001, 2:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Silver
Seems to be hit and miss, although I have never tried to track every purchase. By the way, Albertsons is a fairlty sizeable grocery chain out here in the Western U.S.
Old Mar 4, 2001, 3:52 pm

AMEX Card Double Miles - Gradually but slowly

Got another 357 miles today for the bonus double miles, this is the second time, the first time I got 68 miles. I don't know how long it takes to post the complete 3000+ miles on my first statement (entirely gas, supermarket, etc).

Anybody else has any luck recently?

------------------
Guiming Miao
------------
Old Mar 4, 2001, 8:52 pm

All I know is that as the months go on, the less miles I get! I just got off the phone with AMEX, again, because last statement they shorted me 1,700 regular miles - not to mention that it's ridiculous wating to receive the double miles. I am also Platinum and it makes no difference from the regular SkyMiles card. Looks like it's time to write to AMEX! Good luck.
Old Oct 3, 2001, 8:00 am
CMW

Skymiles AMEX-Double Miles on ALL purchases...

This insert came in my Skymiles statement yesterday:

From October 15 to November 15,2001 earn Double Miles on everything you buy, everywhere you use your card. (Not just the usual merchants that earn double miles.)
To qualify , just watch your calendar and use your card for at least ten purchases from october 15th to November 15,2001.

Fine print: Bonus Skymiles earned as a part of this promotion are limited to 25,000. Balance transfer and Express Cash transactions do not apply.
Old Oct 3, 2001, 12:56 pm

Whooaaa! I sure hope that this isn't a targeted promotion.......
Old Oct 3, 2001, 1:05 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by steve100:
...Whooaaa! .......</font>
Couldn't have said it better myself! Makes me want to go some 'durable goods' for sure!
Old Oct 3, 2001, 3:44 pm
CMW

Doesn't appear to be targeted. It says available to classic, Gold, and Platinum Delta Skymiles Credit Cardmembers.

I would like to know if anyone who has signed up to receive their Skymiles statements electronically receives word of this. I have not been able to find anything out about it on the Delta or AMEX websites yet.
I have not signed up for electronic statements on Delta yet because I was holding out for a bonus to do so. Somehow I don't think you get word about all of the partner offers in the electronic statements that come in the paper statements. I may be wrong but if someone could verify for me that would be great.
Old Oct 3, 2001, 4:42 pm

It's not a targeted promotion....
check it out at:

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/011003/atw027_1.html

Good job Delta! =)
Old Oct 3, 2001, 10:50 pm

hi,

just read this on Delta's site:

Purchases made from Oct. 15 to Nov. 30, 2001 are only eligible for one Double Miles offer. In each year of Card membership,
your points are limited to $60,000 of eligible spending ($100,000 for Gold Delta SkyMiles Credit Cardmembers, unlimited for Platinum Delta SkyMiles Credit Cardmembers) not including bonuses.

My question: is there really a 100,000 points limit on Skymile Gold Amex? I thought I have gotten more then 150,000 miles already this year from my gold Amex.
Old Oct 3, 2001, 11:12 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by bellwilliam:
My question: is there really a 100,000 points limit on Skymile Gold Amex? I thought I have gotten more then 150,000 miles already this year from my gold Amex.</font>
bellwilliam, I'm sorry I don't have an answer for your question, but I do have a suggestion for you: switch to a Platinum card - besides not having to worry about mile limits, you receive a 10,000 BASE mile bonus each year you spend $25,000 - and at your spending level, if you're married get a separate account for your wife/husband. Heck get the dog one too and it will be 10k base miles all around. As I'm sure you know, base miles are one of the few things money alone cannot buy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.