Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta AMEX Double Miles

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2000, 3:08 pm

Programs: DL-MM/FC/FO AA-EXP/MM Starwood-Platinum Marriott-Platinum Hilton-Gold Hyatt-Diamond
This may seem like a silly question but do you have a DL Skymiles card or a traditional amex with membership rewards?

The bonus is only for DL Skymiles cards.

TW
Old Nov 11, 2000, 3:19 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
sorry for missing out that detail. No, I do have the DL Amex Skymiles Platinum and it says all over the statement that they give double miles for pharmacies etc.
Old Nov 11, 2000, 4:39 pm

I called amex and asked why I didn"t get double miles for grocery,gas,drugstore etc.purchases,and they said bonus points would post in 4-6 weeks,by the way I had to wait on hold with AMEX for 25 minutes to find out this information.
Old Nov 11, 2000, 10:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Silver
I also called AMEX (got right through) and was told that the bonus miles would appear on the following month's statement.
Old Nov 13, 2000, 8:23 am

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
Next statements usually lead to confusions, but I guess thats the way it goes with Amex. thanks for responding.
Old Nov 13, 2000, 10:46 am

For those just starting to use (or reuse) a Delta AMEX card for the double miles promotion, I would suggest to consider using it for ONLY double miles purchase (gas stations, supermarkets, drug stores, etc.). That way, when the bonus miles post, they should always match up with some previous bill total. Otherwise, every month, you are going to have to manually total up your eligible charges (say $1100 out of a $1500 bill), and hope that is the amount of bonus points you receive.
If you do it this way, it also should make it much easier if you don't get all your bonus miles and you need to call up AMEX. You can simply say, "I think 100% of my charges are eligible for the x miles, can you tell me which ones aren't". Much easier than having to go through a bunch of other charges which aren't eligible.

This works for me because I also have a standard AMEX card linked to a Membership Rewards account. Any non-bonus charges I can put on that card, and then transfer over to Delta.

Jeff
Old Nov 28, 2000, 12:56 pm
Suspended

Just checked my SkyMiles account and found that it had been credited with mileage from AMEX SkyMiles card. The date does not match the date that I usually receive my AMEX miles, and the amount does not match the amount of the total charges last month, so I can only assume that it is the double miles.
Old Nov 28, 2000, 3:51 pm

My experience is that they post bonus double miles at different times. I remember receiving about 9200 miles on my first AMEX/DL statment of $4700, and then 66 miles last week after I closed this account for 4 months now. The bottom line: confusion.
Old Nov 30, 2000, 11:20 am

Programs: AA LT Platinum, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Where's My Delta/AMEX Double Miles (Supermarkets, etc.)

I signed up for the card and have been actively purchasing at supermarkets, home improvement stores, etc.

However, only the regular miles have been posting to my Delta account.

AMEX says the participating double merchants bonus miles post 4 - 12 weeks later.

Doesn't seem right, especially with all the promoting they are doing.

Is everyone else's experience the same?

I am also a cardmember of other banks that have double mile promos and they post right along side of the regular miles.
Old Nov 30, 2000, 12:13 pm
Suspended

There are a few experiences recounted at www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum21/HTML/001613.html
Old Nov 30, 2000, 5:57 pm

I have received my double miles on my next months credit card mileage postings sometimes and other times it showed up two weeks after that. It may be confusing to track but all the miles have eventually been posted.

Jay
Old Jan 29, 2001, 8:17 pm

AMEX Card Double Miles

Anybody got double miles yet?

I have had two billing statements so far, have not got them yet. They said it is supposed to come in within the second billing cycle.

Anybody had any experience on that?
Old Jan 30, 2001, 3:26 am

i did not get mine ether... i called and i was told that it takes about 8 weeks after the payment has been received for the miles to post. i wish they would print regular mile and double mile credits on the bottom of each statement, so we could check later if we got them in our skymiles accounts.
Old Jan 30, 2001, 5:48 am

Programs: AAExecPlat MM, DL MM, HH Platinum
This posting process is confusing. At the end of the statement there is "earned" miles, "transferred" miles, "qualified" spend, and "issued" miles. Yet the postings to my Delta account are strange. One posting seems to match with "issued" miles, but a second posting overnight doesn't match any of the numbers. Has anyone figured this out? Thanks.
Old Jan 30, 2001, 6:44 am

After signing up for a Delta Amex account because of the "Always Double Miles" policy. my sister put all of her gas an groceries on the Amex card starting last October. When she did not get double miles for any of it, she called Amex and was told that it only applied to "participating merchants". After some bitter complaining with the agent about how deceptive this is (maybe they should rename it "Sometimes Double Miles"), the agent gave her 2,000 miles for the "misunderstanding".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.