Search

DL opens CRC in Santiago, Chile

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2003, 9:10 am
Original Poster

DL opens CRC in Santiago, Chile

DL will open a CRC in SCL tomorrow.

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/031111/cltu030_1.html

It's kind of odd to see DL opening a CRC when they've spent so much time closing them. Maybe the tide is starting to turn toward a little more customer service.

What I don't understand is why DL spends money to open CRC's in SCL for a single flight, while cities like BDL lose their CRC? I realize SCL is int'l and a CRC is a nice asset, but markets like BDL move a lot of business travelers everyday and they get nothing.

Old Nov 11, 2003, 9:47 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
If you visit the LanChile lounge (fantastic) or the Admirals Club (pretty good) at SCL, you'll see why DL may be losing market share to both of these carriers and needs to compete. Just attempting to compete on the basis of the increasingly narrow gap between DL's J product and other airlines' C product isn't going to cut it. AA has a 2-class C product to SCL from DFW and MIA and it's a nice, comfortable ride, on par, in my opinion, with BizElite.
Old Nov 11, 2003, 11:08 am

Location: Napa, California - DL demoted to xx, AF+ Rouge, FB Platinum
Programs: Air France, Delta
I find it to be a postive move. Hopefully a sign that they will stay for long time.

I think that DL can get help from NW and CO since they going to codeshare this flight. Also, AF has a daily flight (currently via EZE) to SCL, so AF may be using the CRC too.

My friends in Santiago tells me that the LanChile lounge is great.

I would like to see DL going back to EZE, perhaps continue to MVD

Old Nov 11, 2003, 11:11 am

SCL was slated for an equipment upgrade this winter. It didn't happen. I would look for it sometime in 2004 though. SCL is maturing very nicely for Delta. They seem very pleased with the market.
Old Nov 11, 2003, 1:52 pm

B/E folks get complimentary access to LanChile's lounge. It will be interesting to see if they make it "non-smoking". I wonder where they'll open the CRC ? Hopefully near the designated DL gate.
Old Nov 11, 2003, 6:10 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by N866DA:
SCL was slated for an equipment upgrade this winter. It didn't happen. I would look for it sometime in 2004 though. SCL is maturing very nicely for Delta. They seem very pleased with the market.</font>
What equipment upgrade?

I understand that they are doing very well with the cargo. Should be using the MD11 on this route due to its great cargo capacity.
Old Nov 11, 2003, 6:50 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

The Lan Chile Lounge in SCL is one of the finest lounges I have ever visited. Indeed, quite possibly, the best. The food is bountfiul, there are pitchers-full of Pisco Sours, lots of high-speed internet computers , comfortable seating, showers, great W.C. facilities and periodicals from all over the world. Will the Lan Chile lounge still be available to PM's and/or BE travelers?
Old Nov 11, 2003, 7:45 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Spiff:
AA has a 2-class C product to SCL from DFW and MIA and it's a nice, comfortable ride, on par, in my opinion, with BizElite.</font>
AA's flights between Santiago de Chile and Miami are 3-class. Only DFW-SCL is 2-class.

Old Nov 11, 2003, 8:48 pm
Original Member

I wonder if the new DL lounge will be located where the old UA Red Carpet Club was?

I imagine CO affiliate Copa Air will probably use this lounge too.
Old Nov 11, 2003, 10:46 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MAH4546:
AA's flights between Santiago de Chile and Miami are 3-class. Only DFW-SCL is 2-class.

</font>
Thanks for the correction! I've only done DFW-SCL and the reverse.
Old Nov 11, 2003, 10:49 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by obscure2k:
The Lan Chile Lounge in SCL is one of the finest lounges I have ever visited. Indeed, quite possibly, the best. The food is bountfiul, there are pitchers-full of Pisco Sours, lots of high-speed internet computers , comfortable seating, showers, great W.C. facilities and periodicals from all over the world. Will the Lan Chile lounge still be available to PM's and/or BE travelers? </font>
I had my first pisco sour in the SCL LanChile lounge. The &lt;rather attractive&gt; agent insisted I have one when I told her it was my first visit to the lounge, even though I got in by flashing my EXP card. She even hunted down a bartender to mix up a pitcher as there were none on the self-serve counter-top.
Old Nov 11, 2003, 11:00 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Spiff:
I had my first pisco sour in the SCL LanChile lounge. The &lt;rather attractive&gt; agent insisted I have one when I told her it was my first visit to the lounge, even though I got in by flashing my EXP card. She even hunted down a bartender to mix up a pitcher as there were none on the self-serve counter-top. </font>
Spiff That Pisco Sour just tastes so much better in Chile than in the U.S.--don't know why-- kind of like Bellini's tasting better in VCE and Mai Tai's tasting better in Hawaii. It's a local experience thing.

[This message has been edited by obscure2k (edited November 11, 2003).]
Old Nov 12, 2003, 12:28 am

I had my first pisco sour in the SCL LanChile lounge. </font>
Spiff, what did you drink during your stay in Chile - the water? I can't believe you waited until leaving Chile to taste this drink.

It is also popular with cola "piscola", and they are now pushing it with ginger ale.

But as the grape man, I mainly stayed with the wine

[This message has been edited by GrapeDane (edited November 12, 2003).]
Old Nov 12, 2003, 5:43 am
Suspended

Location: Promoted to Chairman of the Most Wonderful Continental Airlines Highly Valuable OnePass Program Security and Ideological Purity Bureau
Press Release Source: American Airlines

American Airlines Comments on Delta's First Latin American Crown Club Room In Santiago, Chile

Tuesday November 11, 6:35 pm ET

FORT WORTH, Texas, Nov. 11 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- "Hola! Welcome to the neighborhood," said Roger Frizzell, vice president Corporate Communications and Advertising at American Airlines. "American Airlines opened its first Admirals Club in Latin America in 1991. We now offer customers a total of nine Admirals Clubs throughout Latin America, Central America and the Caribbean, including a club in Santiago, Chile, which opened in 1997. As the U.S. carrier with the most service to Latin America, we know that our customers value a place to work or relax before, after or between flights and enjoy personalized, professional service."

American Airlines is the world's largest carrier. American, American Eagle and the AmericanConnection regional carriers serve more than 250 cities in over 40 countries with more than 3,900 daily flights. The combined network fleet numbers more than 1,000 aircraft. American's award-winning Web site, AA.com, provides users with easy access to check and book fares, plus personalized news, information and travel offers. American Airlines is a founding member of the oneworld Alliance.

------------------
Has YOUR airline won an award lately?
Old Nov 12, 2003, 7:20 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by GrapeDane:
[B] Spiff, what did you drink during your stay in Chile - the water? I can't believe you waited until leaving Chile to taste this drink.
[B]</font>
Fine Chilean wine.

(And beer)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.