Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

What a PITY - DL FA "reprimanded" over Song and PM feedback

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What a PITY - DL FA "reprimanded" over Song and PM feedback

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2003, 9:41 am

The Delta version of employee roundtables...
Old Aug 23, 2003, 9:53 am
Suspended

Location: Promoted to Chairman of the Most Wonderful Continental Airlines Highly Valuable OnePass Program Security and Ideological Purity Bureau
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Cholula:
You make a good point and I can't help but agree with you. We all like a little juicy gossip from time to time especially when it supports a position of ours. But I doubt this particular FA has all the correct answers regarding DL or Song. It's perhaps better that she remained silent rather than editorialize. But FA's are human...at least most of them ...and people are going to talk. Especially when they are angry with their employer.

</font>
Regardless of anger towards one's employer, the OBL had no right to discuss company business in the manner that she did, and her actions warranted disciplinary action by Delta.

------------------
All those who fly Continental Airlines, raise your hands.
The rest of you, raise your standards.
Old Aug 23, 2003, 10:40 am
JRF

Programs: DL Flying Colonel
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by avek00:
Regardless of anger towards one's employer, the OBL had no right to discuss company business in the manner that she did, and her actions warranted disciplinary action by Delta. </font>
So long as she told the truth, then she did nothing wrong. If the information was confadential, then it would have been a problem. However, what she stated was not confadential and probably true.
Old Aug 25, 2003, 9:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Prem1K, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Mister Nice:
..."We are tired of these whiners - they can never be satisfied, they have no clue when it comes to running an airline." </font>
Y'know, I don't have to know how to *make* an omlette to know when I am having a *bad* one.

More to the point, I freely admit that I have *ZERO* experience running an airline operation into the ground, ticking off my customers, paying myself a huge bonus for negative results, and then trying to sneak a BS "pension" boondoggle past everyone, with absolutely no shame.

regards,

O/H
Old Aug 27, 2003, 2:16 pm
JS
Suspended

Programs: DL Gold Medallion; UA Premier Executive; WN sub-CP; AA sub-Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by JRF:
So long as she told the truth, then she did nothing wrong. If the information was confadential, then it would have been a problem. However, what she stated was not confadential and probably true.</font>
But she wasn't telling the truth. She was spreading rumors.

Management doesn't particularly like it when employees spread rumors amongst themselves, but there's not much they can do about it, and it doesn't do a great deal of harm.

When employees spread negative information about their employer to the customers, that is definitely a problem that must be addressed.

Put yourself in Delta's shoes -- would you stand idly by while your employees talk down your business to the customers?

------------------
"Where's my money?" -- Pizza the Hutt
Old Aug 27, 2003, 6:50 pm
JRF

Programs: DL Flying Colonel
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by JS:
But she wasn't telling the truth. She was spreading rumors.

Management doesn't particularly like it when employees spread rumors amongst themselves, but there's not much they can do about it, and it doesn't do a great deal of harm.
</font>
You are right and wrong.

As a former C.E.O. of a PLC, I had to deal with employee rumors all the time. Rumors can actually cause your stock price to go up and down, have a large impact on moral, create clicks for the better or worse of the company as well as many other areas of impact....

The best way to deal with rumors is to listen to employees and customers and don't keep people in the dark. Of course, there is some information that must remain confidential, but often times management and staff has a disconnect causing rumors to fly at a rapid speed.

Does DL have a disconnect with employees and PAX?
Old Oct 27, 2003, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by bdschobel:
...I will fly SONG for the first time in October. I'll be sure to report on my experience.</font>
Well, I flew Song from LGA to MCO on Thursday, October 23, at 5:30 p.m. I was in seat 10A, probably the best seat in the house (reserved way in advance, of course).

The flight was fine. Even though the plane arrived late (from MCO), it boarded quickly and left on time. I was in zone 2, but for some strange reason, nobody in zone 1 boarded when the process began. After a few minutes waiting, the gate agent called for zones 1 AND 2, and I got on first. Obviously, I had plenty of overhead-bin space.

The flight attendants were totally competent and nice. The "talent" nonsense was played down very much. No singing or anything like that.

Food was for sale. Apparently the menu changes frequently, because the FAs did not know the prices and kept making mistakes. I didn't get a good look at the food, because neither I nor my neighbors bought any. The guy in seat 10B carried on his own meal. I asked if PMs got free food (like on Delta), but the answer was no, as I suspected.

We had an uneventful flight to Orlando, arriving on time. No problems at all on arrival.

I will not be flying Song back to NY. I will fly a regional jet to DC, then the Shuttle to LGA the next day (after a meeting).

In summary, no complaints. Song got me where I needed to go with no hassle.

Bruce
Old Oct 27, 2003, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Bruce, were the TV's installed on your aircraft yet?
Old Oct 27, 2003, 8:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
No entertainment at all.

Bruce

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.