Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Web site problems?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2006, 2:17 pm
Original Poster

Web site problems?

I just spent a very frustrating couple of hours, trying to book some flights on Delta.com. I did a search for flights from SEA to MYR, saw a few possibilities that would work, picked one of the lower-priced options and went to buy the tickets. Entered all credit card/traveller info and clicked on Continue and got "Fare is no longer available." Tried again, flights and fares showed up the same as previous, same end result. Waited a while, and tried again. Same thing. Called what seemed like an outsourced support, they said they don't think the web site is getting updated properly, they don't know why. Offered me a ticket about the same price but with an extra connection and arrival in SEA at least 10 hours later, which just wouldn't work. And I believe they would still charge me a booking fee...????!!!!!

Decided to go back to web site to try some other options. Tried two other flight combinations/fares, when I went to pay for either one, I still got the message that the fares were no longer available. Tried both again, same thing.

Finally, gave up and went to Continental where all went through just fine for a similar itinerary and slightly lower price. However, I really would have preferred to book this trip with Delta.

I don't do a lot of travel with Delta, but have used the Web site previously without any problems. Is my experience today an unusual one? Does this happen frequently?
Old Sep 12, 2006, 5:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Seems unusual, but I have noticed that the web site has been acting up a little lately. Plus the home page has changed twice this month from Johannesburg to London, any idea why?
Old Sep 12, 2006, 8:28 pm
Original Poster

Thank you for your reply, Skyteam777! Sorry, but I can't help you with your question....

Anyone else? Was this just me, was this just today, or is this a known problem?

If it was just the one fare/itinerary, I would say OK the fare class is sold out for that particular flight and the web site isn't updating for some reason, but when it happens with 3 different itineraries, different flights and gradually increasing fares, then I don't know anymore....????
Old Sep 14, 2006, 10:43 pm

I have been having issues with the site, especially on their new booking page (where you can pick your fare class).

I tried 2 different iteneraries that came back with errors.
I tried SAN to CHA (which connects through ATL then uses Comair to CHA), in FC, and it came back and said that class wasn't available.
I tried again on the quick booking square on the home page and it worked there.

Same thing when I tried to check fares from SAN to ICT for Xmas. It said cities not available. Yet, I found the Delta itinerary on Orbitz.com.

I wonder if some of the smaller commuter airlines aren't loaded on the site yet? I like the being able to pick my fare class, but its not working for me yet.
Old Sep 14, 2006, 11:39 pm

Programs: DL Plat/SC 1MM, HHonors Gold, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Sam's Club
I've been having problems. Trying to book a flight to either GRU or GIG. Everything shows connecting thru JFK with as much as 11 hr layovers. Does not show the direct flights from ATL.

a mess!
Old Sep 15, 2006, 12:42 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by boeingATL
I've been having problems. Trying to book a flight to either GRU or GIG. Everything shows connecting thru JFK with as much as 11 hr layovers. Does not show the direct flights from ATL.

a mess!
Search by schedule Hom-ATL-GRU/GIG-ATL-Home. Then piece them together to get what you want. I have had this happen a few times where the website won't find anything remotely convenient.
Old Sep 15, 2006, 6:33 am

Programs: DL GM/MM
I had a weird one-time error, too: put in a request for ATL-SEA-ATL and got back DEN-YYZ-DEN !
Old Sep 15, 2006, 7:57 am

Programs: DL Diamond and Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by Valerie
I have been having issues with the site, especially on their new booking page (where you can pick your fare class).

I tried 2 different iteneraries that came back with errors.
I tried SAN to CHA (which connects through ATL then uses Comair to CHA), in FC, and it came back and said that class wasn't available.
I tried again on the quick booking square on the home page and it worked there.

Same thing when I tried to check fares from SAN to ICT for Xmas. It said cities not available. Yet, I found the Delta itinerary on Orbitz.com.

I wonder if some of the smaller commuter airlines aren't loaded on the site yet? I like the being able to pick my fare class, but its not working for me yet.
I get frustrated too when an itinerary is not available on Delta.com and is available on Orbitz. The only good news about that is that even when I book a DL itinerary on Orbitz, it is quickly recognized on the Delta web site and I can request upgrades or change my seat.

But I had something really weird happen to me earlier this week and even strated a thread on it. I was booking on Delta.com and when the resulsts returned, the bottom quarter of my screen consisted of results from the Orbitz web site. When I clicked on one of the results, it took me directly to Orbitz. Very very strange. It stopped doing that later in the evening and I have not experienced it since.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.