Timing on request for comp

Old Sep 27, 03, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM & 2MMô, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Cholula General Member
Timing on request for comp

So, as it stands now, I need a new airline on 1/1/04. My question is when should I ask for the comp so that I get it for 2004 and not 2003. I am leaning towards NW but I am still considering everyone.
Old Sep 27, 03, 2:48 pm

Indufan,

I think that anytime in the 4th quarter should be good for all of 2004. Good luck.

I am a CVG DL PM, who like you is looking to go off the reservation. I am leaning towards US, NW or AA. The unpleasant reality is that all three fly only RJs out of CVG.
Old Sep 27, 03, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM & 2MMô, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Cholula General Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by I-65:
Indufan,

I think that anytime in the 4th quarter should be good for all of 2004. Good luck.

I am a CVG DL PM, who like you is looking to go off the reservation. I am leaning towards US, NW or AA. The unpleasant reality is that all three fly only RJs out of CVG.
</font>
Thank you. At least you recognize that you do have options out of CVG, as limited as they may be.
Old Sep 27, 03, 3:13 pm

Location: MHT, DL DM & now KM!/ formerNW Plat /HH Diamond/SPG plat
I asked for a comp on NW via fax on Tuesday. It came through today (Gold). The expiration date on my comp says "Feb 29 2004". HOWEVER, from the posts I read on the NW board, all the comps coming now read Feb 29 2004 but in Feb they will extend it through 2005 ("it's just the way NW does things" I read).
Another post read that anything from September on usually gets you through the next year.
Old Sep 27, 03, 6:01 pm

Kathnunley,
Congratulations on the comp at NW.
I used to fly out of MHT. It is a good little airport. You can fly to almost any major hub east of the Mississippi and Southwest is there to keep downward pressure on the prices. It sure beats BOS unless you want a non-stop transcon.

Indufan,
Yes there are alternatives to DL in CVG and they are easier to use. You can go from curb to gate in 10 mins. because every other airline leaves from Terminal 1 or 2. The good news for you is that you can always fly from IND or Maybe DAY.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: