Wiki Posts
Search

Shuttle extra sections may be comair

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2003, 9:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: riding the lifetime status. DL MM / AA MM
Shuttle extra sections may be comair

not that i've seen an extra section in a while, but there's a sign posted on the ticket counter at laguardia stating that effective 9/1/03, extra sections may be operated by comair.
Old Aug 26, 2003, 6:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Via CVG or ATL?
Old Aug 26, 2003, 6:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Delta had to fly LOTS and LOTS of extra sections in May, when some complete idiot decided to eliminate half the Shuttle flights during non-peak hours. They went from hourly service to every other hour. The planes were jammed, service was abysmal and extra sections were common. I was on one May 8. It was a full-size (well, 737-300) Shuttle plane operated by Delta.

Bruce
Old Aug 26, 2003, 8:44 am

Programs: DL Diamond and Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hertz Pres Circle
The creeping of the CRJs continues.
Old Aug 27, 2003, 12:22 pm

Programs: Delta - PM; Marriott - Gold; Hilton - Silver
I took part in those "extra sections" in May. Had a Shuttle flight out of BOS to DCA, turned out to be a COMAIR flight on a CRJ operating out of the Shuttle terminal (B).

monitor - they don't connect through CVG or ATL - they operated on regular Shuttle routes.
Old Aug 27, 2003, 12:42 pm

Location: SEA - DL DM/2MM, *A Gold, SPG Lifetime Plat, some other car and hotel stuff
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by alan32:
I took part in those "extra sections" in May. Had a Shuttle flight out of BOS to DCA, turned out to be a COMAIR flight on a CRJ operating out of the Shuttle terminal (B). </font>
BOS-DCA has been an RJ route for quite some time now.
Old Aug 27, 2003, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by alan32:
monitor - they don't connect through CVG or ATL - they operated on regular Shuttle routes.</font>
I guess I did need to put some sort of smiley into that post.
Old Sep 11, 2003, 8:33 pm

From Sept. 1 to Dec. 31, 2003, Delta Shuttle will have available two Comair RJs (50 seats each) to operate extra sections in the LGA-BOS and LGA-DCA Shuttle markets. These temporary extra section aircraft are necessary to accommodate the demand experienced at peak times in Shuttle markets during this four-month period. There are no plans for RJs to replace Boeing 737s in the Shuttle fleet.

------------------
I am not a sanctioned representative of Delta on these boards, just an interested participant. I'm only here trying to shed light on DL issues brought up on this board and to provide my opinion and/or to try to answer Qs. I do work for Delta, but I don't represent DL's final word when answering a question (in any capacity). Please e-mail Customer Care with your questions to get a corporately-supported reply.www.delta.com/email
Old Sep 12, 2003, 10:08 pm

Programs: AA PLT; SPG G
I think this is a sensible move by DL so long as UDH's "promise" holds up. Yes, the Shuttle planes have more leg room, but DL will save a _lot_ of money keeping RJs for the extra sections. Seriously.

Who knows, maybe one morning Leo will wake up rolling in dough (literally, a la "Indecent Proposal") and say "You know, unlimited upgrades for Plats on 15 cent yield tickets wasn't such a bad idea. And it's time for new BusinessElite seats on the 767s that are more than 0.3" wider than the seats on an Airbus widebody in coach!"

Or maybe not, in which case I'll continue to prefer AA's shuttle RJs.

------------------
...or passengers swim.
Old Sep 13, 2003, 8:54 am
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Engines turn:
Or maybe not, in which case I'll continue to prefer AA's shuttle RJs</font>
i may stop preferring AA's shuttle RJ's on october 1, when the L26BX and V26BX fares appear to expire....

i've been splitting between AA and DL, but at equal fares, i'll definitely choose delta....
Old Sep 13, 2003, 8:34 pm

Programs: Delta PM, United Premier Executive, AirTran Elite, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold VIP, Her
I took part in those "extra sections" in May. Had a Shuttle flight out of BOS to DCA, turned out to be a COMAIR flight on a CRJ operating out of the Shuttle terminal (B).

monitor - they don't connect through CVG or ATL - they operated on regular Shuttle routes.
</font>
There hasn't been a BOS to DCA shuttle for quite some time. That is always just a comair flight now and is not considered a shuttle.
Old Sep 13, 2003, 9:53 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by dbk10:
There hasn't been a BOS to DCA shuttle for quite some time. That is always just a comair flight now and is not considered a shuttle.</font>
Well, why do the DCA flights operate out of Logan terminal B instead of with the other DL Connection flights in C?

Old Sep 14, 2003, 3:56 am
MRW

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by RobertS975:
Well, why do the DCA flights operate out of Logan terminal B instead of with the other DL Connection flights in C?
</font>
Probably because they had a leftover gate from when it was operated as a Shuttle.
Old Sep 17, 2003, 10:54 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Seat1A:
not that i've seen an extra section in a while......</font>
alright, i ended up on a comair extra section this evening. i checked in at 6:29pm for LGA-BOS, and ended up on the 6:45pm comair.

the load was light -- i had a bulkhead pair to myself, and there were empty rows. beer/wine were free, but the snack was lame -- cheese, crackers, cookie, dried fruit, delta water, all in a skydeli bag. it was basically like flying the AA flights, except it was on time.
Old Sep 18, 2003, 9:02 am
cervisiam

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MRW:
Probably because they had a leftover gate from when it was operated as a Shuttle.</font>
the delta shuttle used to go out of terminal A in boston.
http://www.massport.com/logan/insid_termi_a.html

while terminal A is being renovated, the shuttle goes from terminal B. i guess that delta only needed a handful of gates and the side section in terminal B fit that need. in addition, usair shuttle leaves from terminal B as well...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.