Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

Okay...it's Feb 1st...where are our triple miles?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Okay...it's Feb 1st...where are our triple miles?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2003, 9:11 am
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Just for the record, I did call Amex and did get a case number. My partner called 10 minutes later with the same complaint about his account (no OCT. triple miles) and got a case number as well....the same one as mine!!!
Old Feb 13, 2003, 10:37 pm

My billing cycle ended today...It has been a month since I called Amex. Looks like another call in the morning. This is not right.
Old Feb 14, 2003, 6:00 am

I just got off the phone with Steve Cooke, AMEX in NYC after the run around I am getting about the Triple miles promotion for purchases 10/1-10/31. I sent him the promo & even the confirmation that I was accepted, as I am the primary cardholder. It is 14 weeks & no miles. My 2/5 bill from AMEX that the miles were sent to DL on 2/6 & just posted today. I spoke with Zak in the Net area of DL & he has no miles for any triple mile promo, and he didn't know of one. I read him the promo & he tells me that it is an AMEX promo & I should contract them. All CSR does is take a message to have it investigated & I will hear in 8 weeks. HUH?????

So Steve asked me to locate others like me & have you email him immediately at: [email protected] or phone him at 1-800-297-6196 x38502

He is our friend making miles & wants DL to get it right.

Old Feb 14, 2003, 6:41 am

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Diamond, *wood plat, UA 1kc
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by theawesome1:
I just got off the phone with Steve Cooke, AMEX in NYC after the run around I am getting about the Triple miles promotion for purchases 10/1-10/31. I sent him the promo & even the confirmation that I was accepted, as I am the primary cardholder. It is 14 weeks & no miles. My 2/5 bill from AMEX that the miles were sent to DL on 2/6 & just posted today. I spoke with Zak in the Net area of DL & he has no miles for any triple mile promo, and he didn't know of one. I read him the promo & he tells me that it is an AMEX promo & I should contract them. All CSR does is take a message to have it investigated & I will hear in 8 weeks. HUH?????

So Steve asked me to locate others like me & have you email him immediately at: [email protected] or phone him at 1-800-297-6196 x38502

He is our friend making miles & wants DL to get it right.

</font>
Thanks, the awesome1, I have just written Steve and look forward to hearing back from him.

Old Feb 14, 2003, 6:57 am

Programs: delta pm, aa exp, hilton diamond
Make your life simpler as I did and say good bye to Amex and Delta. I have found that they do not care about their customers any longer. As of today I have not received my miles either.
Old Feb 14, 2003, 8:30 am

I left a phone message for Steve Cooke a few minutes ago and he just called me back. I'm pleased by the quick response. We'll see what happens.
Old Feb 14, 2003, 9:01 am

theawesome1:
Thanks!
I just wrote Steve an e-mail.
Wait and see what happens.
Old Feb 14, 2003, 9:05 am
Original Poster

This guy Steve WAS very nice. It is amazing that he is willing to take on this problem.The scope is much bigger than I realized. He explained to me that they believe there are over 25,000 card members affected. He did mention that the confusion lies in the difference of being "targeted" and just being "enrolled". When we enrolled in October that was always on the back of our minds whether we would be eligible if we had not been targeted.It was gamble.
Old Feb 14, 2003, 12:18 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by david4455:
He explained to me that they believe there are over 25,000 card members affected. He did mention that the confusion lies in the difference of being "targeted" and just being "enrolled". When we enrolled in October that was always on the back of our minds whether we would be eligible if we had not been targeted.It was gamble.</font>
Yes, but why not avoid the problem by programming your computer so that it would reject applications from people who were not targetted if they didn't want to reward all of us for spending beaucoup bucks to get the multiple points. If you register and get a response that "you've successfully registered" I think it makes sense to assume that you will honored with whatever it is you are registering for.

Old Feb 14, 2003, 1:50 pm
Original Poster

you are right..... I forgot that several of these promotions that required registration rejected my number as not being eligible.
Old Feb 14, 2003, 3:51 pm

The registration issue is a mess for a lot firms (Delta being one of them). They should be able to verify eligibility at time of enrollment, that would solve a lot of problems. If they don't have the resources to do immediate checking, how about, "We are processing your enrollment in this promotion. We will send you and email either confirming or denying your eligibility within the next week."

The other issue, and what I'd consider to be the much bigger one, is that they've already had 3 months to figure this out. Worst case the last day you could have registered was Oct 31, and realistically I'm assuming it had to be sooner than that. Come Nov 1, or Dec 1, or even Jan 1, they couldn't run a report comparing who enrolled vs who was eligible? We're not talking about wanting these bonus points a week after the promo ended.

Unfornately neither Delta's nor AMEX's track record at being consumer-friendly when there are problems with promotions is very encouraging.

Jeff
Old Feb 14, 2003, 6:35 pm

THANKS "theawesome1" - I just sent off my e-mail to Mr. Cooke - I sure hope that this is resolved.
Old Feb 16, 2003, 9:45 am

Programs: AA P4L, WN, BA, DL, UA, HHonors, IHG
Yes, thank you theawesome1!
Old Feb 16, 2003, 1:10 pm

In preparing to e-mail Mr. Cooke, I did a thorough review of my Delta AE Plantinum monthly statements since October and my SkyMiles account. I generally don't pay much attention to either other than my awareness that DL had never credited me with the triple miles bonus from October. I made substantial charges on the card in October and did receive the $1 = 1 mile credit. Then in December, my AE statement showed the transfer not only of the miles earned in December, but an additional amount equal to my October purchases. This would have given me double miles, not triple miles, but it was a start. However, when I checked my SkyMiles statement those miles were nowhere to be found. DL has never posted those miles. Has anyone else noticed miles allegedly transferred by AE not being posted to your SkyMiles account?
Old Feb 17, 2003, 12:13 pm

Mr Cooke e-mailed me back this AM and wants me to contact him by phone

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.