Search

What is the cheapest Delta Airport as a whole

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2003, 10:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
What is the cheapest Delta Airport as a whole

Normally, I would say MCI but BNA seems to be giving it a run for it's money lately.
Old Aug 15, 2003, 2:20 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by indufan:
Normally, I would say MCI but BNA seems to be giving it a run for it's money lately. </font>
Any airport that WN serves is a contender. I'm thankful that my home airport of ONT is also served by WN. They tend to keep DL honest. As some of the other LCC's grow in importance, they will also further tend to keep DL competitive.
As I think this through, however, this also encourages Song.....which I'm against in principle. Guess I can't have my cake and eat it in this current environment.

Old Aug 16, 2003, 7:38 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver
indufan, after reading the title but none of the posts, BNA came to my mind also. That also goes along with Cholula's point about anywhere SW has a significant presence.

BNA is very cheap to most destinations except fortress hubs like MSP, PHL, ATL, CLT, DFW, EWR,etc.
Old Aug 17, 2003, 7:02 pm

Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, DL DM since inception, 3+ MM, HH Gold, SPG-Gold
Programs: DL, UA, AA, HH, SPG, HH, Hertz, Avis
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by bnaboy:
indufan, after reading the title but none of the posts, BNA came to my mind also. That also goes along with Cholula's point about anywhere SW has a significant presence. </font>
Very true. You can go to SLC-Oakland on a Skywest CRJ for $ 178 (575 miles), and SLC-Missoula, MT on a CRJ for $650 (least expensive ticket) (470 miles).

Guess which of these two cities Soutwest is flying to!

Old Aug 17, 2003, 8:06 pm

Tampa.

Where else do you get the combined effect of JetBlue, Southwest, AirTran, ATA, Southeast (www.flyseal.com), Sun Country, JetsGo, DLX (Oh, I am sorry, Song) and pretty much every major and minor carrier you can think of? Where do you get the super-low off-season fares? What city has hourly service to Atlanta on DL 767s? Think Tampa/St. Pete !
Old Aug 17, 2003, 9:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Flying_Duck:
Very true. You can go to SLC-Oakland on a Skywest CRJ for $ 178 (575 miles), and SLC-Missoula, MT on a CRJ for $650 (least expensive ticket) (470 miles).

Guess which of these two cities Soutwest is flying to!

</font>
Well, there is cheap, then there is cheap. IND, SDF, BHM, MCI, BNA, JAX and others, all have sub $100 roundtrip fares to certain destinations now.
Old Aug 18, 2003, 3:47 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
Do not forget DAY!!!... Are you kidding... i have never paid more than 70 one way DAY -ATL
Old Aug 18, 2003, 7:12 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL FO/1MM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, National Exec Elite
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by BackOfTheBus:
Tampa.

Where else do you get the combined effect of JetBlue, Southwest, AirTran, ATA, Southeast (www.flyseal.com), Sun Country, JetsGo, DLX (Oh, I am sorry, Song) and pretty much every major and minor carrier you can think of? Where do you get the super-low off-season fares? What city has hourly service to Atlanta on DL 767s? Think Tampa/St. Pete !
</font>

Where else? MCO of course... but for all of the same reasons and more
Old Aug 18, 2003, 8:15 pm

Programs: DL PM, SW, Hilton, , UAL PM, AA Gold-skeptic
I don't see FLL mentioned; I flew to SAN for about $200 (DL) in April, and regularly back and forth up to DTW or TOL for way less than that. Matter of fact, $125 RT next week for that trip.

Of course, most or all of the same factors apply. In this case, Spirit is to thank for the low fares to DTW.
Old Aug 19, 2003, 12:08 am

Location: Napa, California - DL demoted to xx, AF+ Rouge, FB Platinum
Programs: Air France, Delta
I must be international flights when you calculate miles per $. I would guess the big European cities like FRA, CDG and LGW.

As mentioned in the other posts, the airports serviced th by the LCC are the cheapest.
But it doesn't help, if you don't need to go these places.
But where it is interesting, is to find the cheaper airports in areas with several airports like Los Angeles, San Francisco Bay Area and New York City.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.