Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Song Updates: Uniforms and Earning SkyMiles

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2003, 9:05 am
Original Poster

Song Updates: Uniforms and Earning SkyMiles

Not that too many care, but the Song uniforms are being created by Lion Apparel.

They created uniforms for jetBlue & ATA to name a few.

I cannot go into detail w/ colors etc, but ACS and IFS will have 3 color choices for shirts and one color choice for pants (no ties here).

As for SkyMiles....the ever-updating GRS now says:
"SkyMiles....Mileage Accurual Based on Economy Class

Note: Certain elite benefits do not apply...details TBA."

IMHO, I take that in meaning the same MQM formula will apply, and pre-boarding and upgs etc won't be avail. Again, that is my opinion, I have nothing in print yet to confirm- I will let you guys know when I do.

------------------
I am not a sanctioned representative of Delta on these boards, just an interested participant. I'm only here trying to shed light on DL issues brought up on this board and to provide my opinion and/or to try to answer Qs. I do work for Delta, but I don't represent DL's final word when answering a question (in any capacity). Please e-mail Customer Care with your questions to get a corporately-supported reply.www.delta.com/email

[This message has been edited by UnofficialDLHelper (edited 03-25-2003).]
Old Mar 25, 2003, 11:52 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM 4MM, Lifetime Marriott Plat Elite, HH Diamond
Curious, has DL finished any of the fleet for Song yet? More curous to see what the insiders think about the product and configuration. From what I read it will be a much better product than the mainline DL coach product.

Thoughts?
Old Mar 25, 2003, 12:09 pm

Programs: delta/song
It's going to be great! It will be fully completed by October. The first flight is JFK-PBI on 15 April. It will resemble the DL shuttle with all leather seats and tons of leg room, MP3 plyers, direct TV and the f/a's will wear bright colored uniforms. Right now it will be just a blak pair of trousers and a polo shirt. The crews hired are very excited and looking forward to something new.
Old Mar 25, 2003, 12:15 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by DL Platinum:
Curious, has DL finished any of the fleet for Song yet? </font>
They have... and yes the giant sperm is even MORE noticeable!

DL forced airliners.net to take the pics down from what I hear, and they still arent back up... though some of the members uploaded the pics into the chat forums, which I believe are still there.

------------------
A340s don't fly... they're repelled from Earth by their ugliness!
Old Mar 25, 2003, 12:19 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by vetteset:
It's going to be great! It will be fully completed by October. The first flight is JFK-PBI on 15 April. It will resemble the DL shuttle with all leather seats and tons of leg room, MP3 plyers, direct TV and the f/a's will wear bright colored uniforms. Right now it will be just a blak pair of trousers and a polo shirt. The crews hired are very excited and looking forward to something new.</font>
Wow, vetteset, I'm surprised to see you have such a positive view of Song (unless your whole post was just sarcasm). I would tend to figure that long-time DL employees (you've been with DL a while from what I gathered) would be none to excited about Song.

Hopefully all those working for Song will have a good attitude, otherwise regardless of costs, Song will not be able to compete with JBLU.

[This message has been edited by ConnFlyer (edited 03-25-2003).]
Old Mar 25, 2003, 12:37 pm

Believe it or not, I am very excited! A more laid back experience with very different work rules. The way we bid for our schedules is different and there is no sick time. They allocate a certain amount of days that you can use for personal time or for sick. If you do not use the time, it can be banked and put towards the next year. Holday pay is something new for Song, which we do not have on mainline. You can fly as little or as much as you want as lng as it equals 180 hours per 6 months. So you can drop everything on your schedule for 4 months but the last two months you have to fly 90 hours each. There are also no reserve lines. Everyone is a line holder and has 3 days of reserve plotted on their schedule. It is a fair system for everyone. Did I mention a 12.00 an hour pay cut for my seniority? I guess you have to take the good with the bad! Also, if you sign up for 5 years and break ties with Delta, you get a 25,000 bonus and the end....
Old Mar 25, 2003, 1:09 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

A Delta employee recently speculated to me that Song will be domestic flights while Delta will be primarily international flights.
Old Mar 25, 2003, 1:10 pm

Programs: Delta DM/Amex Reserve 2 Million Miler
For vetteset : If I asked you for an extra snack mix would you give it to me ?

Some FA's will not.
Old Mar 25, 2003, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by vetteset:
...You can fly as little or as much as you want as lng as it equals 180 hours per 6 months. So you can drop everything on your schedule for 4 months but the last two months you have to fly 90 hours each....</font>
Just 180 hours in 6 months? Is that a typo? It doesn't seem like very much flying. Don't pilots work 80 hours per month? Please explain.

Bruce
Old Mar 25, 2003, 1:23 pm

I give Full can and as many snack mixes that you ask for...Yes, 180 hours is the minimum for 6 months. You can fly 80 hours or whatever you want. The low flying people will offset the people who want to fly as much as they want. I know some people who want to fly 100 hours and we can not do that on mainline. It is creating a real nice atmosphere to work in so we won't see the 12.00 an hour pay cut. I will take a paycut any day to have such relaxed work rules.
Old Mar 25, 2003, 2:06 pm

Location: Washington, DC, USA : Starwood Gold, DL- no more :-(
You're not upset about a $12/hr pay cut?! I really have no idea how much you all make, but I would think $12 and hour would make quite a difference.
Old Mar 25, 2003, 2:18 pm

I make around 48.00 an hour and no I'm not upset. It makes me a little agry that the flight attendants are the ONLY ones to take a pay cut for Song. Yep, no-one else! If I can work my schedule to being hassle free, like they are making it, noI don't mind about a pay cut. It also going to be straight flight hours. On mainline you get night pay, short staff pay, holding pay, delay pay, etc..on Song it's per-diem of 2.00 an hour (mainline it's 2.20) and staight flight pay based on your hours. Money is not that important to me, but quality of life is.
Old Mar 25, 2003, 2:45 pm

Location: SEA - DL DM/2MM, *A Gold, SPG Lifetime Plat, some other car and hotel stuff
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by UnofficialDLHelper:
Not that too many care, but the Song uniforms are being created by Lion Apparel.

</font>
Anyone else find it strange that they showed no uniforms on the website?
Old Mar 25, 2003, 8:57 pm

Programs: DL MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by UnofficialDLHelper:

I cannot go into detail w/ colors etc, but ACS and IFS will have 3 color choices for shirts and one color choice for pants (no ties here).

As for SkyMiles....the ever-updating GRS now says:
"SkyMiles....Mileage Accurual Based on Economy Class

Note: Certain elite benefits do not apply...details TBA."

IMHO, I take that in meaning the same MQM formula will apply, and pre-boarding and upgs etc won't be avail. Again, that is my opinion, I have nothing in print yet to confirm- I will let you guys know when I do.

</font>
UDH, Thank you very much for the Song update! I'm anxious to see how it turns out!

As to the comment about SkyMiles, perhaps I'm a bit cynical, but I still am of the personal opinion that we will be earning SkyMiles, and NOT MQMs on Song. First, they've only talked about earning SkyMiles. Second, they made the comment about "certain elite benefits do not apply..." Third, offering Delta elite qualification status seems to be contrary to the market they're trying to go after (families to Disney, etc., as opposed to regular business travellers to Orlando). Of course, I'll probably never see a Song aircraft, being based out of PHL, but it's nice to see what Delta is trying to do, and I really do hope they are successful.
Old Mar 26, 2003, 11:44 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM 4MM, Lifetime Marriott Plat Elite, HH Diamond
I'm glad to see others excited about the prospect of Song. I look at it through eyes that see the inevitable of DL domestic being CRJ's and limited upgrades if it is DL equipment. Song's better coach product combined with a reasonable pricing structure will be much more palitable than DL mainline or the others!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.