Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Post canceled flights here... win a puppy!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2003, 5:37 pm
Original Poster

Location: Smoke filled room, TPA and FLL/MIA :UAL 1K and 2MM,AA EX PLAT and 2MM,Lifetime Plat Starwood

Okay so there is no puppy. But it appears based on several threads
1) Delta is canceling flights and
2) Not everyone is notified and
3) the flights still are in the electronic timetable as of today.

So lets list the flights to warn others.

Flight 2157
ATLANTA
355P
TAMPA
523P

R.I.P
Old Mar 24, 2003, 5:38 pm
Original Poster

Location: Smoke filled room, TPA and FLL/MIA :UAL 1K and 2MM,AA EX PLAT and 2MM,Lifetime Plat Starwood
staylor9 said,

"I usually fly Delta ATL-MSP every week. Just learned this morning that they are cancelling my Monday morning flight (1716) which leaves at 8:05/8:10. "
Old Mar 24, 2003, 5:45 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, United Silver, Marriott Titanium
Flight 1135
ATL to JAX 3:55 PM
Old Mar 24, 2003, 6:12 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Delta Flight 1...

...actually, why is there no Delta Flight 1?

I believe you will have FlyerTalkers raising cane-ine in here with that misleading puppy topic.

Delta may respond to you, cigarman, "Hush, puppy."

Talk about the dog days of Delta...
Old Mar 24, 2003, 6:26 pm

My DL flights 126-7 JFK-MAD-JFK 9 -16 April cancelled and Delta did not call me. I found out by checking the internet and found out that the fights no longer existed. I called DL and they could not rebook me in BE via ATL as no inventory was available for Award tix even though the seat map is wide open as is the availability for purchased seats. This is for 3 days prior and 2 days after my original dates. I asked to speak with a supervisor and she said there is nothing she could do if inventory was not available. She said not DL's fault it is a force majeur because of the war and Delta did not have to re accommodate me because I was using an award ticket. I said what about the "flexability" in changing tix during "these uncertain time" I was told that is for purchased tix only. That is a load of c***. I called AA and agent said they had no award tix inventory in C for my dates but she called a supervisor for permission to book me when I told them about my plight with DL. Supervisor came on line and said they want my business and would make every effort to accomodate me. Within 2 minutes had tix and seats I wanted. Guess this means adios Delta. I will bring my $20,000 yearly leisure business to AA. Delta you really know how to turn away a loyal 20 yr GM customer.
Old Mar 24, 2003, 6:37 pm
Original Poster

Passmf,I saw your post about flight 1135. I am on it tommorrow. It claims to be running. But it looks "weird" on my iterneraries screen. I can't check in for it. When is it canceled for you?
Old Mar 24, 2003, 7:19 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by cigarman:
Passmf,I saw your post about flight 1135. I am on it tommorrow. It claims to be running. But it looks "weird" on my iterneraries screen. I can't check in for it. When is it canceled for you?</font>
I think tomorrow's a time for me to run screaming from Jacksonville.
Old Mar 24, 2003, 7:32 pm
Original Poster

Chill... I am getting off flight 1138. Turning around and reboarding same plane back to ATL... now flight 700. The smokey haze should not drift far enough to get to your hovel.
Old Mar 24, 2003, 7:44 pm

Programs: Delta DM/Amex Reserve 2 Million Miler
Here's the trick...
The flight timetables are not updated BUT the "one way and multi-city" is updated click the box marked "specific times" and you will see flights missing when compared to flight schedules.
2 flights cancelled starting late March indefinently that I use are
796 ATL-CAE at 11:35 A.M. and its return
1231 CAE-ATL at 1:35 P.M.
I got lucky and was rebooked in F vs V
so I'll save a point and get double MQM
FWIW.

[This message has been edited by robnsfla (edited 03-24-2003).]
Old Mar 24, 2003, 7:47 pm

Programs: Delta DM/Amex Reserve 2 Million Miler
p.s
the logic here is Delta is not gonna sell you a ticket "now" for a flight that have already cancelled.
Old Mar 24, 2003, 8:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by upgrade lover:
I called DL and they could not rebook me in BE via ATL as no inventory was available for Award tix even though the seat map is wide open as is the availability for purchased seats.</font>
This should have been a case where you politely finished the call and immediately called back and got someone else. Award inventory should NOT be an issue when you have a confirmed BE seat then after it is booked then the flight does not happen.
Old Mar 24, 2003, 8:20 pm

JFK-NCE in April.
Old Mar 24, 2003, 8:26 pm

DL1031, DTW-ATL

So DL cancels the 11:40AM departure, meaning there's no flights between 8:45AM and 1:15PM (to ATL, no flights to CVG/JFK were canned).
Old Mar 24, 2003, 8:31 pm

Location: SEA - DL DM/2MM, *A Gold, SPG Lifetime Plat, some other car and hotel stuff
Let's keep this to domestic since DL published the int'l list.

Interesting that ATL flights to both DTW and MSP are cut. NW hubs. Coincidence? Readying for alliance?
Old Mar 24, 2003, 9:08 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
DL 797, 3/27/03, FLL/DFW is kaput. I bad mouthed DL earlier today saying that they didn't call me. Turned my cell phone on this AM and had a message from SMS.

I want a neutered Rotweiller if there is still a choice...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.