Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

I'm back to assist; but there will be limitations.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2003, 10:16 am
Original Poster

Hello everyone. It’s "Taylor" and I'm back to help you guys. It is now a different time and place for me, and I feel as though this board needs some assistance; even if it is unofficial. I do see that bdschobel said that Mr. Borden would look into getting an official presence here; that is great news. For the interim though, I'd like to help.

I want to first off commend the effort you guys have put forth in trying to get Virginia Ave to listen to your concerns. Your concerns are my concerns b/c if DL's customers (my customers- you guys) aren't happy- you guys will leave, and in the long run I won't have a company to work for. I hope a resolution is reached soon that will provide a win/win for both sides.

My coming back does come with some restrictions- I will not be able to answer personal e-mails. I do apologize for this- until I get corporately- backed support, you will have to e-mail/call Customer Care for replies. This saddens me more b/c most of the replies you guys have posted from them have been cut and paste standard replies. I hope an official presence is chosen soon. I will not be able to post Delta.com SkyMiles Offers unless they are public ones. Many times targeted promos are posted by someone anyway, and if that happens, I'll shed light on it if the need arises.

As before, I will not be posting from work- this may cause some delays in my postings, b/c I do have a life outside of this company, and won't be able to post from home as often as I'd like to. BTW, I'm not really from CVG...the real location will remain a mystery- so I apologize to anyone who has tried to find me while in CVG.

Well, that's about it. I hope you guys welcome me back in my limited capacity. I'm only being careful b/c I've seen too many people "let go" for the smallest reasons, and it wouldn't surprise me if I'm being watched with a microscope.

So there you go. I'm back.
Taylor- aka "UDH"

------------------
I am not a sanctioned representative of Delta on these boards, just an interested participant. I'm only here trying to shed light on DL issues brought up on this board and to provide my opinion and/or to try to answer Qs. I do work for Delta, but I don't represent DL's final word when answering a question (in any capacity). Please e-mail Customer Care with your questions to get a corporately-supported reply.www.delta.com/email
Old Mar 18, 2003, 10:22 am

Welcome back, UDH!
Old Mar 18, 2003, 10:30 am

I do have an opening question, UDH. Andymo99 kindly posted that the same day ULT fare upgrades would in fact be processed 24 hours in advance for PM and GM, and 12 hours in advance for FO. Is this correct and do you have official word on the policy? Does the calendar day make any difference in this, i.e. does it need to be within 24 or 12 hours AND day of departure?

Thank you.
Old Mar 18, 2003, 10:34 am
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

What a great way to start the day. Just logged on and there you are. Welcome back UDH.
Old Mar 18, 2003, 10:37 am

Location: Laguna Beach, CA; Former DL everything, now AA/AS everything; SPG Plat; Marriott Plat; and all that other stuff!!
God love you!!!! You have been missed by all of us. May the brass on Virginia Ave finally appreciate and understand you contributions to Delta.
Warmest Aloha's!
Old Mar 18, 2003, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Yes, it's always good to hear from an old friend -- even if I'm the one who is old!

Bruce
Old Mar 18, 2003, 10:53 am

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Diamond, *wood plat, UA 1kc
It would be great if you could offer some enlightenment on the "medallion packet quandry" ie - why some cheap, why are people not receiving the correct packets?
Why were they so late?

Thanks - I was very new here when you left. Welcome Back.
Old Mar 18, 2003, 10:54 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Location: Seattle, WA;HH Diamond, Avis PS, DL PM & 1MM ... back to travelling the globe consulting aerospace engineering
Welcome back UDH! May this be the first of many "reunions" as DL and their SM members reach an accord that is truly win/win for everyone.

GMF
Old Mar 18, 2003, 10:56 am
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by gilpin:
I do have an opening question, UDH. Andymo99 kindly posted that the same day ULT fare upgrades would in fact be processed 24 hours in advance for PM and GM, and 12 hours in advance for FO. Is this correct and do you have official word on the policy? Does the calendar day make any difference in this, i.e. does it need to be within 24 or 12 hours AND day of departure?</font>
From the very limited info that has been posted regarding this new upg process, it will be just as it reads; if you are a FO and your L ticketed flt is at 6pm EST, then at 6am EST you may call in to upg it using your 500 MSUs. If you were on the same flt and were a PM or GM, then your upg window would open up at 6pm EST the previous day (24 hrs before dprt)- just as the upg windows are now.

For those who are connecting pax, it is assumed that the same rules will apply- they'll be apply to "cheat" a little bit by being able to secure both upgs at the first flt's upg window.

Make sense?

More details will follow with more specifics. I'll post more details when they are avail.

P.S. Thanks for the warm welcome back!

------------------
I am not a sanctioned representative of Delta on these boards, just an interested participant. I'm only here trying to shed light on DL issues brought up on this board and to provide my opinion and/or to try to answer Qs. I do work for Delta, but I don't represent DL's final word when answering a question (in any capacity). Please e-mail Customer Care with your questions to get a corporately-supported reply.www.delta.com/email
Old Mar 18, 2003, 11:40 am

Welcome back UDH!

Is DeltaLand a new Song hub?

Old Mar 18, 2003, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
UDH, it is a pleasure to see you back on the board. I sincerely hope that management sees the light and makes someone their official online representative on FT.

HINT!
Old Mar 18, 2003, 11:48 am

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Silver
WELCOME BACK!
Old Mar 18, 2003, 12:27 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Welcome back, UDH!

Will we be able to upgrade those insULT fares on the web or do we have to call SMS?
Old Mar 18, 2003, 12:33 pm

Maybe today could be homecoming on the Delta board if Delta retreats on their position.

Old Mar 18, 2003, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by CountinPlaces:
Maybe today could be homecoming on the Delta board if Delta retreats on their position.

</font>
You mean to say that you want Spiff to come back to DL?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.