Wiki Posts
Search

Seat Selection DL/AF IAD to CDG

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2003, 4:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: USAir Chairmans Preferred, SPG Platinum, Delta Silver
Seat Selection DL/AF IAD to CDG

My wife and are are using a coach award ticket from Dulles to Paris on an AirFrance codeshare 777 plane. Does anyone have any seat number recommendations? Thanks
Old Mar 13, 2003, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No status no more, no where, no how.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by dcdelta:
My wife and are are using a coach award ticket from Dulles to Paris on an AirFrance codeshare 777 plane. Does anyone have any seat number recommendations? Thanks</font>
Be careful with this one. Sometimes they swap it out for an A330. I always see the flight waiting at the gate in IAD when I fly home on Fridays, and lately, it seems like it has been switching back and forth. Perhaps it was just a seasonal substitution?
Old Mar 13, 2003, 2:23 pm

Programs: UA Gold, peon everywhere else
Not that it matters anyway -- whenever I book a DL codeshare on AF metal (the SFO-&gt;CDG flight in particular), I can reserve whatever I want, but when I get to the airport and check in, it's something different...

So take your advance seat assignment with a grain of salt.

Dan
Old Mar 13, 2003, 3:05 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by dcdelta:
My wife and are are using a coach award ticket from Dulles to Paris on an AirFrance codeshare 777 plane. Does anyone have any seat number recommendations? Thanks</font>
You can look at AF's website
http://www.airfrance.com/us
Click an "Our Services"
Then click on "Boeing" (or "Airbus").
Then click on "B 777-200" and look for
a nice seat.
Then call AF and make the seat assignment; you (should) have two record locators: One from Delta and one from AF.

BTW, I can't find a seatmap for the Airbus A330 on the web. Can somebody help?

Old Mar 13, 2003, 8:03 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by danM:

take your advance seat assignment with a grain of salt.

</font>
Excellent advice, Dan. AF is notorious for changing (or eliminating) seat assignments - particularly in Y.
Old Mar 13, 2003, 8:41 pm

Programs: AA PLT/3MM, UA GM/1MM, DL DM/1MM, FB Plat, AS MVP Gold, WN AList+
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Just Passing Thru:
Be careful with this one. Sometimes they swap it out for an A330. I always see the flight waiting at the gate in IAD when I fly home on Fridays, and lately, it seems like it has been switching back and forth. Perhaps it was just a seasonal substitution?</font>
I've also seen an A340 sometimes, but very rarely. Both flights, the 5:00 and the 10:00 (Summer only, I think, on the second flight) are on the schedule as 777's.

As far as seating - I've actually scored my only two 'comps' (as a PM) on AF at IAD on the 5:00 (always lots of tourists/students in Y for some reason) - the AF IAD people are actually quite nice AND do recognize DL PM's.

The staff at the shared ANA(AM)/AF(PM) lounge next to AF's gate are also quite nice...if you are PM be sure to stop in.

It's the closest thing DL has to a 'lounge' at IAD.

[This message has been edited by CoMooter (edited 03-13-2003).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.