Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hamburg - DL Ticket on Departure ?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2003, 5:40 pm
Original Poster

Hamburg - DL Ticket on Departure ?

Does anyone have personal experience of picking up a prepaid Delta ticket at Hamburg Airport? I'm told the AF desk should have no problem issuing it.

Thanks in advance for info.
Old Mar 6, 2003, 5:44 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
No problem at all, this is a very simple and routine transaction (as long as your id matches the name on the ticket!). I haven't done this in Hamburg but the German ticket agents tend to be efficient so it should be easier rather than harder.
Old Mar 6, 2003, 7:08 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by number_6:
No problem at all, this is a very simple and routine transaction (as long as your id matches the name on the ticket!). I haven't done this in Hamburg but the German ticket agents tend to be efficient so it should be easier rather than harder.</font>
Yeah - just wondered if the AF people in Hamburg were used to issuing DL tickets or if I should allow extra time for them to figure it out. Once had Sabena take 50 mins to issue a ticket on departure.....
Old Mar 9, 2003, 5:23 am
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by number_6:
[B]No problem at all, this is a very simple and routine transaction ......B]</font>
And one which Delta now tell me costs $100 extra ....

Maybe we should start an alliance wish list. The ability to issue an alliance partner's ticket without charging 2-3 times what a travel agent would charge gets my vote !

Old Mar 9, 2003, 11:48 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by CelticFlyer:
And one which Delta now tell me costs $100 extra ....
</font>
Almost all airlines have charged for prepaid tickets for the last 20 years (probably longer than that, but I don't use prepaid very often). Cost is around USD 100 for ever (and I think you will find most travel agents will also charge that much). This isn't a recent change, if anything the cost has stayed the same for many years. Normally the prepaid fee is included in the ticket cost (paid by whomever bought the ticket, and not a cost to you for picking it up). Are you saying the DL imposed an additional USD 100 fee on you when picking it up? If so, is this because the purchaser of the ticket refused to pay the fee, or is DL charging 2 fees now?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.