Wiki Posts
Search

Delta's Security Experiment

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2003, 6:17 pm
Original Poster

Delta's Security Experiment

Today's Wash Post bus sec
As part of a new government-inspired security program, Delta begins a month-long test that will examine the credit histories and travel habits of passengers. A scoring system aims to identify travelers who pose a high security risk.

I have over 800,000+ miles w/Delta, am a PM, have always qualified for Med status, what does my credit history have to do with a security risk. You would think that anyone who is a Med member and have flown w/Delta over the years wouldn't have to subject themselves to a credit check.

------------------
Bill
PM Delta / G NW
Old Mar 4, 2003, 6:58 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by blesl1:
Today's Wash Post bus sec
As part of a new government-inspired security program, Delta begins a month-long test that will examine the credit histories and travel habits of passengers. A scoring system aims to identify travelers who pose a high security risk.

I have over 800,000+ miles w/Delta, am a PM, have always qualified for Med status, what does my credit history have to do with a security risk. You would think that anyone who is a Med member and have flown w/Delta over the years wouldn't have to subject themselves to a credit check.

</font>
This subject has already come up in several threads including this one:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum21/HTML/009531.html

In short, it isn't a Delta initiative - it will soon affect all US air travel. Delta happen to be testing the new system first. There various stories suggesting that your credit rating will drop with each flight because of the additional credit checks. Such claims are nonsense.......

Old Mar 5, 2003, 1:47 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
This is a TSA program mandated by Congress. Delta did not institute this in any way. They are blameless. I do not know whether we should worry about this or not.

Personally, I think that if they keep the door of the cockpit strenthened and closed, and make sure there are no explosives in the luggage, all the rest is nonsense.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.