Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounges in Inchon

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2003, 9:43 am
Original Poster

Lounges in Inchon

I am a PM and have a layover in Korea for about 5 hours. Does anybody have any recommendations regarding which lounge is the best, etc? Does it make sense to try and do something outside the airport? Anything of interest? I think Seoul is too far to go and get back in time. Thanks.
Old Mar 3, 2003, 9:51 am

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
With just 5 hours, you would need to use a taxi to get to a specific destination. The new airport is quite a distance from Seoul.
I personally like the KE business lounge in terms of computers, food, chairs, tv, etc.
Old Mar 3, 2003, 9:58 am

Programs: UA-Silver; Hyatt Platinum; SPG Gold
5 hours is not enough time to get to Seoul and back. Traffic can be a nightmare. As a PM you can use the Korean Air First Class lounge. It is very large. Has at least 20 free high speed internet stations and there is hot & cold food out all the time. Also the new airport has a lot of shopping areas that you could easily kill an hour or so doing that.
Old Mar 3, 2003, 2:48 pm
In Memoriam

The 1st Class Lounge also has slumber areas......
Old Mar 3, 2003, 4:33 pm

Location: SEA - DL DM/2MM, *A Gold, SPG Lifetime Plat, some other car and hotel stuff
I discussed the KE lounges as part of my KE trip report.

An excerpt:

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">I went to the F lounge at ICN. I gained entry by showing my DL Plat card, and the attendant also asked to see my boarding pass. I thought I might get sent to the C lounge, but F was OK for Elite Plus. I was VERY impressed with the lounge. Aside from DL and LY, I have little to compare it to, but I liked it a lot. There were many computer terminals with flat screens (I confirmed my account was at 60K, so all seems well). Fax, copier, etc. Great view of the tarmac. Tons of space with few guests. Self service food included Haagen Dazs ice cream and ice cream novelties, small sandwiches, cookies, fruit and more. The bar was fully stocked. There were private phone areas (DL: read that!), tons of intimate seating, a smoking room, many magazines, very nice bathrooms, and my favorite amenities: 4 fantastic massage chairs. So wonderful after 14 hours in the air. And even better: The shower rooms were fantastic. Huge private bathrooms, marble countertops, nice towels, etc. And clean and well serviced (attendant in quickly after each visitor). The shower was great, even though I could not quite figure out how to work it to be both hot and forceful at the same time (I chalk it up to my own unfamiliarity with the equipment). There was also a series of nice, quiet slumber rooms. I poked my nose into the C lounge for a moment before departing ICN. It was very similar. More crowded. Shower rooms were much smaller. Otherwise, fairly similar. Go to F if you have the choice. </font>
[This message has been edited by andymo99 (edited 03-03-2003).]
Old Mar 3, 2003, 6:04 pm
Original Poster

Thanks tons! AndyMo that was a great report. Now, I hope they will accept that I am a PM since I do not have a current card to prove it and won't before I go. I wonder if my status will show on my KE boarding pass? I am unfortunately traveling coach.
Old Mar 3, 2003, 6:24 pm

The following should be printed on your KE boarding pass above your name "SKYTEAM ELITE PLUS DL XXXXXXXXXX".
Old Mar 4, 2003, 10:33 am

Programs: UA, DL-PM
I used the ICN FC Lounge two weeks ago with my family. Anticipating a hassle with my lack of current credentials (ticket was purchased last year when I was GM, and PNR was in KE computer, not DL's), I printed out a copy of the Delta.Com Skymiles screen with my name and current status.

Initially the hostesses were skeptical, but a little politeness and the explanation that the credentials were late got us in. I made a beeline for the showers (after 14 hrs onboard) while my family internetted and ate. Good selection of snacks and drinks, some soup, and a freezer full of Haagen-Daz.

All around, a nice lounge in a good airport. Have a good trip!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.