Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AIR FRANCE strikes again.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2003, 1:46 pm
Original Poster

AIR FRANCE strikes again.

Last week I made a reservation to go to Paris. One of the legs was in Air France. At the time of seat selection, the Delta agent and myself found out that in code-share flights Air France now has a policy not to confirm seat assigments for Delta passengers until 30 days before departure. Your preferences remain "on request" but as far as Air France is concern those seats are very much available. So when our time comes we have to content ourselves with the leftovers.Good luck!

------------------

[This message has been edited by micheno (edited 02-09-2003).]
Old Feb 10, 2003, 12:12 am

Programs: UA Gold, peon everywhere else
Well, at least the DL agent told you that -- last time I flew a DL codeshare on AF, i had seat assignments showing right up until I left for the airport, and then was given another seat in the very back of the plane... (although the check-in agent did move me when I asked about it)

Dan
Old Feb 10, 2003, 10:36 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by micheno:
Last week I made a reservation to go to Paris. One of the legs was in Air France. At the time of seat selection, the Delta agent and myself found out that in code-share flights Air France now has a policy not to confirm seat assigments for Delta passengers until 30 days before departure. Your preferences remain "on request" but as far as Air France is concern those seats are very much available. So when our time comes we have to content ourselves with the leftovers.Good luck!

</font>
from the headline I thought you meant AF were "on strike" [yet again!]...

Old Feb 10, 2003, 10:45 am

Programs: UA 1MM, Hilton Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by martin33:
from the headline I thought you meant AF were "on strike" [yet again!]...</font>
Please see also:
Air France Pilots Call For Strike Action Feb 17-20
Old Feb 11, 2003, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Prem1K, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
In my experience, you are better off booking AF through AF; the pricing seems marginally better (i.e. only 1.5 times what other airlines are charging, instead of double, if you are booking a DL codeshare on AF).

Of course, the larger question is why are you flying on Air FARCE (the "Never Again" airline) anyway? I would rather fly another carrier that F'ed up more on customer serviced (although that is difficult to imagine), but gave you the sense that they at least *gave* a sh*t about it.

Air FARCE could drastically improve as an airline by doing about 3-5 things that would cost them little or no money. And yet they will not.

What are the chances you will see O/H on another Air FARCE flight? Well, let me put it this way...

[Dream Sequence Shimmer; Harp music in the background. Scene shifts to Hades.]

Satan: "Hey! What's that snowball doing here?!" **ZOT**!!!

[Scene returns to F/T]

*Grin*

O/H

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.