Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

My Delta flights have been changed to Express Flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2003, 1:16 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC

Ok heres the situation. Back in October of last year I bought tickets for myself and 2 friends and one friend's mother from JFK-MCO-JFK. Today when I checked the itineraries online, I found out that my mainline Delta flight has beeen changed to Express. Not only was I not notified, I was planning on upgrading at the airport. Is there anything I can do here? Im really upset about not being notified. They have my email address and phone number on file.

------------------
DC-10's Forever!
Old Feb 7, 2003, 1:30 pm

Programs: DL DM
If you call they will probably change your flights to mainline without a fee, but you will have to connect or go out of LGA. If it's for early April I would just leave it and assign one of the first 6 rows and you might get lucky and get FC seats anyway, save the MSUs.

I can't tell you how many times my itinerary has changed. I have never been called, I usually catch it by logging in and calling. Guess they may eventually call you, but in your case since the schedule didn't change they probably didn't see a need to notify you.

[This message has been edited by NHFL9 (edited 02-07-2003).]
Old Feb 7, 2003, 2:29 pm

Programs: AIR: NONE, Hotel: Marriott PL, Hilton HHonors CC: Amex PLAT
I have only received notification of a change in itinery from Delta if it is an outbound 1st leg or the 1st leg of a return changed while I'm travelling on the same intinery. Always print your receipt at the kiosk or have the agent do it. Check it. you may be surprised.
Old Feb 7, 2003, 2:29 pm
JS
Suspended

Programs: DL Gold Medallion; UA Premier Executive; WN sub-CP; AA sub-Gold
D***ed if you do, d***ed if you don't. If Delta called someone about this, and that person didn't care whether it's Delta or Delta Express, they'd get all bent out of shape about being bothered for nothing.

Actually, I like being left alone by the airlines, unless it's something serious (e.g., your flight three hours from now has been cancelled). I can check the status myself at any time, and as frequently or infrequently as I wish.
Old Feb 7, 2003, 7:26 pm

Very, very, very few people know or care the difference between Delta Express and mainline Delta. You're in the very small category of people who have a reason to care (upgrading), or the category of people who care for no real reason.

It just doesn't make any sense for Delta to contact every passenger to tell them that their flight was changed from Delta to Delta Express, mostly likely resulting in a "huh?" from every passenger but a handful. Do you really expect them to call you if your 757 is swaped for a 767?
Old Feb 7, 2003, 7:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Maybe not a phone call but an email would be nice, the flight times were also changed causing us to leave an hour and a half earlier then expected from MCO

------------------
DC-10's Forever!
Old Feb 7, 2003, 9:05 pm

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
I currently have 11 saved itineraries on Delta.com and check them periodically for any changes. On the Int'l flights, if there is a change of any type, a message appears that ominously says "CONTACT DELTA".
On the domestic itineraries, if there is a change, the new times are posted and all my pre-assigned seats are canceled and I have to call SMS. Same flight number, same aircraft, a time change of only a couple minutes on arrival or departure and all the seats go bye bye. Doesn't make sense....why would I want different seats if my flight is now arriving 2 minutes later than originally scheduled??
Old Feb 8, 2003, 12:57 am

You think that's bad?

I was ticketed on DL (three separate tickets for one vacation):
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]

Now I'm ticketed:
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]

The return was to be done in one day, and because DL canceled the early HNL-LAX and every LAX-LAS, there's no flights that will get me home with this routing. DL did NOT contact me; I found out by checking my reservation over the Internet. FWIW, after writing a nasty letter, DL interlined my ticket to - FNT-CVG-LAS; LAS-SLC-HNL; HNL-SLC-CVG-FNT.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.