Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL's Walk-Up Fares Are Immoral

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2006, 3:04 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by indufan
I think there are a fair number of people in this country that really don't like capitalism.
Then they should leave.
Old Jun 26, 2006, 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by BenjaminNYC
Then they should leave.
Not at all. They should organize and/or vote for a political party which advocates an economic system they would prefer.
Old Jun 26, 2006, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by gilpin
Not at all. They should organize and/or vote for a political party which advocates an economic system they would prefer.
http://www.cpusa.org/
Old Jun 26, 2006, 3:30 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Etihad Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by indufan
I can't believe what I now have as part the history cache on my computer. Thanks a lot, indufan. But seriously, at least I don't have to worry about the secret police coming to confiscate my computer (or maybe even me) for visiting that site.
Old Jun 26, 2006, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by DLfan
But seriously, at least I don't have to worry about the secret police coming to confiscate my computer (or maybe even me) for visiting that site.
I wouldn't be so sure ...
Old Jun 26, 2006, 3:53 pm

What's the hang up with Delta? NWA offers bereavement fares. If I were in the OPs shoes I'd check with NWA too.
Old Jun 26, 2006, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I can't believe what I now have as part the history cache on my computer. Thanks a lot, indufan. But seriously, at least I don't have to worry about the secret police coming to confiscate my computer (or maybe even me) for visiting that site.
Sorry, I should have warned. For others, it's the American Communist party or whatever the hell those freaks call it.
Old Jun 26, 2006, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vasantn
I wouldn't be so sure ...
It would be the public police here.
Old Jun 27, 2006, 6:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Wow stinky, is it your implication that capitalism is immoral? Good grief! Please point me to the "equity issue" involved in private enterprises subsidising funeral trips and explain why Exxon isn't held to the same standard in your world (some people must drive to funerals, after all).
DL and Exxon are just the tip of the iceberg. It seems a logical conclusion that everyone with the means to subsidize the OP's funeral trip, who failed to do so, is amoral. That includes all of the posters in this thread. Shame on us. We need a new tax to take care of this. The Democrats will add $150 to the cost of each airline ticket to pay for it just as soon as they have control back.
Old Jun 27, 2006, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Originally Posted by BamaVol
The Democrats will add $150 to the cost of each airline ticket to pay for it just as soon as they have control back.
It will be a bipartisan action; the Republicans will ensure that large corporations get both a $150 subsidy and a $300 tax deduction on every ticket they purchase.
A win-win situation.
Old Jun 27, 2006, 7:37 am
In memoriam

Programs: SWA A list preferred and CP, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz President's club
Originally Posted by Gargoyle
It will be a bipartisan action; the Republicans will ensure that large corporations get both a $150 subsidy and a $300 tax deduction on every ticket they purchase.
A win-win situation.
Wait, if it is a moral obligation on everyone why should we pay a tax, those fat cats with private plans should be obligated to provide their plane, on demand, to fly these people!
Old Jun 28, 2006, 9:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by Traveller

Actually I did look into using miles for him...50k btw , but that too is the subject of another 100 threads.
Can you fill me in on this?

50,000 is too many for me to fly to Europe and not enough to fly to the States.

Were you planning on getting me one of those double priced award tickets when I was in FLL in order to fly to your side in MCO and have us spend a romantic evening with the Mouse?
Old Jun 28, 2006, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Retired :)
Originally Posted by Dovster
Were you planning on getting me one of those double priced award tickets when I was in FLL in order to fly to your side in MCO and have us spend a romantic evening with the Mouse?
Hardly. The "him" in my post was my brother. Sorry, but nice try.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.