Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AF vs BritAir in business: which one?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2003, 4:53 am
Original Poster

AF vs BritAir in business: which one?

Some of us only fly about 50,000 a year, so using one carrier when possible is a good idea for the gold level.

Having said that, AA (and America West) use BA for Europe and Asia while Delta uses Air France. I have four trips overseas in business class (Singapore, Shanghai, Warsaw and London) this summer and want to use one of the two. Which has better business class service?

Yes, I could use Cathay Pacific (AA) or Korean Air (Delta), but CP's connections are not good for me and Korean Air ... believe it or not, their ultra-cheap business fares scare me. Why are they sooooooooo low? Beside British Air flies to Beijing and AF flies to Shanghai as well.

Any help would be appreciated.

Old Jan 31, 2003, 7:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, DL DIrt Medallion
Keep in mind that you cannot earn AAdvantage miles on transatlantic British Airways segments due to some arcane, outdated laws. You can, however, earn DL miles on Air France transatlantics.

Additionally if you fly AF (or Korean) in business you will earn DOUBLE Medallion Qualifying Miles. Thus your 50,000 miles if all flown in business will get you Platinum Medallion.

[This message has been edited by SRQ Guy (edited 01-31-2003).]
Old Jan 31, 2003, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Hi Rudy, a more appropriate place for this thread which really isn't DL related would be the MilesBuzz forum. I am moving your thread there. You will find a larger audience to answer your question.

Rssrsvp - Moderator DL

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.